Trivia

Yankee4Life

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question: Who was the first Dominican player to play with a major league team?

Answer:Long before Abert Pujols, Vladimir Guerrero and David Ortiz took their first baby steps, Osvaldo Jose Virgil Pichardo was running toward history. Two years before the legendary Felipe Alou even stepped foot on a Major League baseball field, Osvaldo had already made his mark.

Sept. 23, 1956

• 1 month later...

That’s easy, Giants.

That is of course if you’re counting the 6000 something wins in New York.

If I’m recalling correctly, and I’m probably not they beat the Dodgers for their 10,000.

You are correct sir, who was the manager?

I guess I should give a trivia, how about this, not quite a trivia but...

Does anyone know why the Green Monster was constructed?

Try not to use the internet...

I don’t know but if I had to guess to keep balls from flying on to Lansdown or whatever the name of that street is. I’m not sure if it was even there when Fenway was built.

Ok, here's my question.

Who are the only two players to be drafted #1 overall in the mlb draft and retire having never played in the major leagues?

I'll give you a clue, one of them will be featured in the MVP 94 mod.

One of them was Brian Taylor, drafted by the Yankees in the 1991 draft. He got into a fight with someone and landed on his arm the wrong way, never making it to the majors since he couldn't pitch the same.

I don’t know but if I had to guess to keep balls from flying on to Lansdown or whatever the name of that street is. I’m not sure if it was even there when Fenway was built.

Well according to my bro, he says that it was to keep people from looking into the stadium and catchin a free baseball game.

Archived