Trivia

Yankee4Life

One of them was Brian Taylor, drafted by the Yankees in the 1991 draft. He got into a fight with someone and landed on his arm the wrong way, never making it to the majors since he couldn't pitch the same.

Correct.

And the other is also indirectly related to the Yankees too.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of them was Brian Taylor, drafted by the Yankees in the 1991 draft. He got into a fight with someone and landed on his arm the wrong way, never making it to the majors since he couldn't pitch the same.

I remember something about this actually, I believe the other guy was drafted by the Mets but it was so long ago I’m not sure who it was.

I guess I should give a trivia, how about this, not quite a trivia but...

Does anyone know why the Green Monster was constructed?

Try not to use the internet...

It had something to do with them not having room to expand because of the road, and having to build up instead of out to get decent dimensions, I think.

I remember this came up in discussions about the Crawford Boxes.

Ok, here's my question.

Who are the only two players to be drafted #1 overall in the mlb draft and retire having never played in the major leagues?

I'll give you a clue, one of them will be featured in the MVP 94 mod.

I don't know this one, but I can tell you that Dave Winfield was drafted to play something akin to every sport known to man.

Well according to my bro, he says that it was to keep people from looking into the stadium and catchin a free baseball game.

Well your bro is a pretty smart dude. That is the correct answer, good job Campo's brother. :D

And, no, it was not in the original construction of Fenway.

• 2 months later...

1. tribute to a legend for my team : who is the only player to retire with 299 career homeruns?

2. who was the only player to wear his birthday on the back of his jersey?

also, the "shortest player ever" was eddie gaedel for the st. louis browns, part of a promotion by the browns gm. he was 3 foot something and was number one-eighth (1/8).

Question: In baseball, a 30/30 season is when a player hits thirty home runs and steals thirty bases. In one of MY seasons, I had a 30/30 season. In addition, in this season I was caught stealing the least number of times of any thirty/thirty season. Who am I, which season was this, and how many times was I caught stealing?

Hint: I have had more then one 30/30 season

Double Hint: As a player, I have been criticized for my baserunning, fielding, hustle, and plate discipline.

Extra Super Double Hint: A modder on this site is named after me, and an admin on this site has a reputation as hating me!

1. Name all of the players to ever have a 20/20/20/20 season, and what season;

A 20/20/20/20 season is 20 home runs, 20 triples, 20 doubles, and 20 stolen bases.

2. Name all the players to have hit ten home runs before their twentieth birthday

3. What season had the highest recorded OBP in over 200 plate appearances, and who by?

Question: In baseball, a 30/30 season is when a player hits thirty home runs and steals thirty bases. In one of MY seasons, I had a 30/30 season. In addition, in this season I was caught stealing the least number of times of any thirty/thirty season. Who am I, which season was this, and how many times was I caught stealing?

Answer: Alfonso Soriano, 2005, caught stealing twice.

Question: Name all of the players to ever have a 20/20/20/20 season, and what season; A 20/20/20/20 season is 20 home runs, 20 triples, 20 doubles, and 20 stolen bases.

Answers: Willie Mays 1957, Frank Schulte 1911

Question: Name all the players to have hit ten home runs before their twentieth birthday

Answers: Tony Conigliaro 1964, Mel Ott 1928, Ken Griffey Jr. 1989, Mickey Mantle 1951, Ed Kranepool 1964

Question: What season had the highest recorded OBP in over 200 plate appearances, and who by?

Answer: Barry Bonds, 2004, .609 OBP

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Archived