Baseball Comes To Hawaii

Greg Putnam

{SUN RAYS BASEBALL} FLUSHING, NY - In a classic match-up of division leaders, tonight's game came down to who could hit more solo homeruns. In this case, the Sun Rays came out on top, taking a 2-1 victory over the New York Mets in the first of three at Citi Field. The Sun Rays, winning their 5th straight, all on this road trip, improve to 37-21, and maintain a 5-game lead in the NL West.

To be completely accurate here you should have titled this thread Baseball returns to Hawaii because Hawaii did have a AAA minor league franchise from 1961 to 1987 in Honolulu. They left because of dwindling attendance.

LOL. There's lots of problems factually with this. I even refuse to stay up late to play my games. But it's my fantasy and I'm sticking to it. FYI, once I straighten out my paypal account, I'm going to register FRAPS so I can work with JPEGs. I just find them easier to deal with. They're coming, I promise.

{SUN RAYS BASEBALL} FLUSHING, NY - This just in... Tonight's game between the Sun Rays and the NY Mets has been rained-out. Because both tonight's game and tomorrow's game were sell-outs, and tomorrow is our last opportunity for a make-up, we are going to be forced to play a day-night double-header. First game is at 12:00 noon, and the night cap will start at 7:05. See you tomorrow.

{SUN RAYS BASEBALL} FLUSHING, NY - Scott Hairston hit his 14th homer of the year, a 2-run shot, and Jerry Hairston Jr., no relation, had a pair of doubles with 2-rbi's, to lead the Sun Rays to a 7-4 victory over the New York Mets in game one of an afternoon double-header today at Citi Field. The Sun Rays go for the sweep of the Mets today, the series, and the road trip later today in the night cap.

{SUN RAYS BASEBALL} FLUSHING, NY - Adrian Gonzalez hits a pair of homeruns, his 12th & 13th), driving in five, to lead the Sun Rays to an 8-4 win in game two of today's double-header with the NY Mets. Earlier today the Sun Rays won the first game 7-4. The Sun Rays have now won 7 in a row, all on this road trip, and improve to 39-21. I will be posting pictures later tonight as today's DH has run me a bit late. I have a real game at 7pm so I have to run out right now.

• 2 months later...

Hey man, sorry if this question has been asked before, but I'm wondering how you're setting this one up? I mean, I didn't think it was possible to have a franchise with a created team. If it is, how?? If not, how are you setting it up? Solely through exhibition matches???

PS: Sorry to revive a somewhat old thread :p

Archived