Oakland A's Portrait Pack #1

jhtapp76

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

File Name: Oakland A's Portrait Pack #1

File Submitter: jhtapp76

File Submitted: 07 Apr 2010

File Updated: 10 Apr 2010

File Category: MLB 2K10 - Portraits

This package includes new and updated portraits for eight Oakland A's including:

- Ben Sheets (unassigned)

- Brad Kiby (unassigned)

- Adam Rosales (1042)

- Coco Crisp (381)

- Gabe Gross (410)

- Josh Outman (431)

- Craig Breslow (683)

- Kevin Kouzmanoff (795)

- Jake Fox (941)

The numbers in parenthesis above respresent the player's Portrait ID #. You will need to download the NBA 2K10 Mod tool in order to import these images into your portraits.IFF file. You can download the tool from here

To Install:

1: Create a backup of your existing portrait.iff and portrait.cdf files from your MLB2K10 installation directory

2: Extract the contents of this ZIP file to the location of your choosing.

3: Copy your portrait.iff AND portrait.cdf files from your MLB2K10 installation directory to the same directory to extrated these files to

4: Launch the NBA 2K10 Mod Tool, click open, and browse to the copy of the portrait.iff file you just copied

5: When prompted to decompress, select "Yes"

6: Using the scroll bar in the top left pane, scroll to the portrait ID number corresponding to the player you wish to update

7: Click on "Import Res" and select updated DDS file you extracted earlier

8: Now to see the updated portrait in-game, copy the portrait.iff and portrait.cdf files from the location you copied it to before BACK to your MLB2K10 installation directory.

9: Start the game and enjoy

Note: You will not be able to complete step 8 above if the game is running. You will have to exit the game first.

Note #2: Two of the portraits included in this pack are for players that do not have an assigned Portrait number. So you can import them to an unassigned spot and modify the players' Portrait ID using tyWiggins' roster editor. Please refer to the this post which lists all assigned and unassigned Portrait ID numbers.

Special thanks to the following for your mods, tools, discoveries, and inspiration:

- tywiggins

- trues

- tony3

- krawhitham

Enjoy!

- jhtapp76

Click here to download this file

index.php?app=downloads&module=display§

File Name: Oakland A's Portrait Pack #1

File Submitter: jhtapp76

File Submitted: 07 Apr 2010

File Category: MLB 2K10 - Portraits

This package includes new and updated portraits for eight Oakland A's including:

- Ben Sheets (unassigned)

- Adam Rosales (1042)

- Coco Crisp (381)

- Gabe Gross (410)

- Josh Outman (431)

- Craig Breslow (683)

- Kevin Kouzmanoff (795)

- Jake Fox (941)

The numbers in parenthesis above respresent the player's Portrait ID #. You will need to download the NBA 2K10 Mod tool in order to import these images into your portraits.IFF file. You can download the tool from here

To Install:

1: Create a backup of your existing portrait.iff and portrait.cdf files from your MLB2K10 installation directory

2: Extract the contents of this ZIP file to the location of your choosing.

3: Copy your portrait.iff AND portrait.cdf files from your MLB2K10 installation directory to the same directory to extrated these files to

4: Launch the NBA 2K10 Mod Tool, click open, and browse to the copy of the portrait.iff file you just copied

5: When prompted to decompress, select "Yes"

6: Using the scroll bar in the top left pane, scroll to the portrait ID number corresponding to the player you wish to update

7: Click on "Import Res" and select updated DDS file you extracted earlier

8: Now to see the updated portrait in-game, copy the portrait.cdf file from the location you copied it to before BACK to your MLB2K10 installation directory.

9: Start the game and enjoy

Note: You will not be able to complete step 8 above if the game is running. You will have to exit the game first.

Note #2: Note #2: One of the portraits included in this pack is for a player that does not have an assigned Portrait number. So you can import it to an unassigned spot and modify the player's Portrait ID using tyWiggins' roster editor. Please refer to this post which lists all assigned and unassigned Portrait ID numbers.

Special thanks to the following for your mods, tools, discoveries, and inspiration:

- tywiggins

- trues

- tony3

- krawhitham

Enjoy!

- jhtapp76

Click here to download this file

So where's this nba mod tool at? Would love to have these portraits but have no clue how to do this. They look awesome though...lol!

Nice portraits again.

Ben Sheets' portrait number is not assigned. Is there a way to get his head shot in the game?

I remember there where 2 other unasigned player portraits in an earlier update...

Yes, you can (see Note# 2). all you have to do is select an unused portrait ID # based upon the list and then use tywiggins' roster editor to modify the portrait ID for Ben Sheets.

For example, you can import his portrait to slot #5 using the NBA2K10 mod tool. Then change Ben's portrait ID to 9258. Voila!

I did the above steps, and now every portrait in-game is showing as a blank white field. Also, it crashes about 10 seconds after I go to view rosters.

Do I need to copy the portrait.iff over to the MLB 2K10 directory? I didn't see it in the steps, so I didn't do so.

edit: I copied over the .iff file and now it works, and I can see the updated portraits. Thanks! This is very nice.

I did the above steps, and now every portrait in-game is showing as a blank white field. Also, it crashes about 10 seconds after I go to view rosters.

Do I need to copy the portrait.iff over to the MLB 2K10 directory? I didn't see it in the steps, so I didn't do so.

edit: I copied over the .iff file and now it works, and I can see the updated portraits. Thanks! This is very nice.

Good point. The first time you add any new portraits, you should copy back the portrait.IFF and portrait.CDF files. afterwards though, you only need to copy back the CDF file. Thanks for pointing this out. I've updated the installation instructions for all my portrait packs to avoid confusion in the future.

Glad you're enjoying them. I plan to have the rest of the AL Central posted tonight. Then on to the NL East.

FYI...I've added the following to this portrait pack:

- Brad Kilby (unassigned)

This portrait does not have an assigned Portrait number. So you can import it to an unassigned spot and modify the player's Portrait ID using tyWiggins' roster editor. Please refer to the this post which lists all assigned and unassigned Portrait ID numbers.

Archived