Sigs

LetsGoOakland

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that I made the background transparent? Oh well, I guess if he doesn't like it - I'll change it...

Keep in mind that you would have to save the image in GIF format, as it is the only one that supports transparency. Or you can simply apply the standard color of the forum at which the sig would be used as its background.

If anyone out there would like to try and make me an underOATH sig, I'd be greatly appreciative. I know that I'm currently sporting the one that I made, but I've become unhappy with it. Everytime that I try to make improvements on it, my inexperience with Photoshop gets the best of me. If at all possible, I don't want anything too flashy - just a simple sig...

If anyone out there would like to try and make me an underOATH sig, I'd be greatly appreciative. I know that I'm currently sporting the one that I made, but I've become unhappy with it. Everytime that I try to make improvements on it, my inexperience with Photoshop gets the best of me. If at all possible, I don't want anything too flashy - just a simple sig...

I'm going to try to make one for you.

Nice idea, but the cropping can REALLY use some work. You really have to take your time doing it and use a smaller eraser with the hardness set to about 75% to get some of the detail in.

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. BBHD told me the same thing. I'm trying to find a way to get my cutouts to look really good. I've tried tutorials on goodtutorials.com, but I don't think it's really working.

You do not need a tutorial for cropping. The only thing that is necessary is patience and a few extra minutes of your time.

Always select images with distinct boundaries so that you recognize what areas must be erased. It helps to create a bright and contrasting fill layer (red, lime green) behind the image to further develop a distinct background to work off of. Furthermore, make sure that you use a small eraser, as it enables you to crop with greater detail.