Sigs

LetsGoOakland

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too plain. I know you're just starting out though. Try making backgrounds with filters and some C4D (my post a page or two ago) and brushes.

Hookieboy, try using the C4D from the links I provided and packs on www.deviantart.com. Smudge them, blur them...I used a big C4D on fred's sig, notice all the lighting and stuff.

-BBHD

Wait, so you've downloaded the C4D? I save it in My Documents and then copy the pics out of the archive. I paste them in a subfolder titled C4D (I have many renders) which is in a Renders subfolder in My Pictures. You can just open them up in Photoshop and use them.

-BBHD

C4D? It's nice. Text ain't that great though (check out my tips thread, just updated a text section), and the main render is squished. If you're resizing, make sure "Constrain Proportions" is on, or if you're using the Transform tool, hold shift and use the corner squares. Nice background, though.

-BBHD

Only use the 105mm Prime flare. It looks the best. The only good thing you really get out of the one you used is those tiny bright dots between the text and the render.

The background is too simple too...I'd use some really dark C4D there. Put the flare behind the render.

-BBHD

EDIT: I use Times in ALL CAPS, usually 9-11pt, and Arial in lowercase, between 10-18pt.