1924 Washington Senators home and road (a Twins alt)

Misopogon

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

File Name: 1924 Washington Senators home and road (a Twins alt)

File Submitter: Misopogon

File Submitted: 25 Apr 2010

File Updated: 25 Apr 2010

File Category: MLB 2K10 - Uniforms and Accessories

Version: 1

192520Wash_Senators20Pitchers209_25.jpg

First in war, first in peace, and last in the American League.

Until 1924. That's when the Sens finally got one for the Big Train, Walter Johnson.

Whaddaya say, Joe Martina?

Joe+Martina,+1924+Washington+Senators,+C

Ehhhhhhh.

It took them a red-hot September and 12 innings into Game 7, but Washington finally prevailed. And amazingly, they did it wearing the most boring uniforms ever:

4551958416_cf1d109ef3_b.jpg

Note the lack of any names or numbers on the back. Note the sparse pinstripes of the home. Note the extraordinary "W" logo which had to have taken a team of D.C. graphic artists months to come up with.

Yet there's more to these unis than crushing ennui. Like really nice texture for the thick woolen flannels they used to wear. And, um, well it's got nice texture.

Someone made these unis for 2k9:

4551957546_73287b8c7c_o.jpg

Also: there was a catcher on the Twins before Joe Mauer, but do you really care?

These files replace the normal home and away uniforms for the Minnesota Twins. If you would like to put them in another uniform spot, rename the files:

uniform_mit_home.iff = Normal Home uniform

Uniform_mit_away.iff = Normal Road Unis

uniform_mit_bph.iff = Home batting practice

uniform_mit_bpa.iff = Road batting practice

uniform_mit_cl1.iff = Home classic

uniform_mit_cl1.iff = Road classic

If you want to use these as alts for the Washington Nationals instead, in the file name where it says "mit" just change that to "wan".

And yes, I know that punctuation goes inside quotation marks. Me and the guy who writes Alternate 1985 are having that out right now. We'll let the world know when we've decided on it.

Anyhoo, this being a readme, I guess it's supposed to be helpful. So here's some helpful hints:

1. BACK UP YOUR FILES BEFORE PUTTING THESE IN.

which, duh.

2. DOWNLOAD GENERIC MOD ENABLER and read up how to use it. This makes it really easy to, say, decide really quick if you want to have the 1924 Sens and 1928 Tigers play each other, but don't want to change file names.

4551959022_ea16a25b9f_o.jpg

4551958828_d891b44b7d_o.jpg

Click here to download this file

If you want to use these as alts for the Washington Nationals instead, in the file name where it says "mit" just change that to "wan".

And yes, I know that punctuation goes inside quotation marks. Me and the guy who writes Alternate 1985 are having that out right now. We'll let the world know when we've decided on it.

Thank God, someone who agrees with me. I don't care what anyone says, the punctuation goes outside the damn quotation mark - it's not part of the quotation! Also, people who use asterisks when italics are available need to be shot, people who use punctuation randomly or otherwise incorrectly are animal lovers, and people who think using all lowercase and no punctuation is acceptable in any form don't deserve to breathe oxygen. Maybe sulfur dioxide would be good for them.

Anyway, very nice work, as usual, Misopogon! :D

Haha, that page is great. I actually found a school book years ago where I had written some youthfully crappy story and put the full stop outside of the quotation, which my teacher circled and wrote something along the lines of "Full stop goes inside the quotation marks!".

I should scan it and set it as my avatar.

(Note the added full-stop, because the exclamation mark was inside the quote, and without a full stop, the sentence itself is incomplete. Yaahar, grammar Nazi's, I am ye!)

Misopogon,

Keep up the EXCELLENT work on modding uniforms, you are without a doubt the best uniform modder on the beat today (not to dissuade other uniforms modders from contributing). The fact that I'm also a Tigers fan only marginally factors in to such a claim - but to counter the potential bias I rewrote the first sentence, sans hyperbole.

Is there any chance you'd take on the initiative of doing more old-time uniforms? If you are looking to do more of these, I would LOVE to see the 1910 Philly Athletics, 1919 White Sox, 1928 Indians, and 1911 Cubs. Just suggestions.

post-498-127235956276_thumb.gif

post-498-127235957055_thumb.gif

post-498-127235957697_thumb.gif

post-498-127235959164_thumb.gif

Misopogon,

Keep up the EXCELLENT work on modding uniforms, you are without a doubt the best uniform modder on the beat today (not to dissuade other uniforms modders from contributing). The fact that I'm also a Tigers fan only marginally factors in to such a claim - but to counter the potential bias I rewrote the first sentence, sans hyperbole.

Is there any chance you'd take on the initiative of doing more old-time uniforms? If you are looking to do more of these, I would LOVE to see the 1910 Philly Athletics, 1919 White Sox, 1928 Indians, and 1911 Cubs. Just suggestions.

I'm on the job.

The Sox are done. I'll try to upload tomorrow. They came out really great, especially the flag sleeve patch.

For the homes, did you want the pinstripes or the plain whites with blue buttons?

Those unis' are sick Misogopon - healthily sick.

(translation: me likey)

Archived