Misopogon

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

File Name: 04-10-2010 Roster AND Portrait update.zip

File Submitter: Misopogon

File Submitted: 02 May 2010

File Updated: 02 May 2010

File Category: MLB 2K10 - Rosters

Version: 1

These files will set the MLB rosters to official current rosters of 4/30/2010, and also change all of the portraits that MVP Modders have uploaded to date.

For example, rookie Austin Jackson's portrait will appear in all of its awesome glory when you play with the Tigers, and Curtis Granderson...[sob]...will be wearing...[shudder] a Yankee hat (Oh the wrongness!)

tcgrandynap1.jpg

(image from Samara Pearlstein's blog, "Roar of the Tigers." If you like my mods, please give her some link love).

By the way, it's 50 megs, so...yeah.

I will try to continue to update the portrait file with the rosters as the year progresses, but the pain-in-the-butt-itude of doing so may prevent me.

Step 1: BACK UP YouR FILES

Step 2: Portrait.iff and portrait.cdf go in your MLB 2K10 folder, most likely C:\Program Files\2K Sports\MLB 2K10

Step 3: Roster.ROS goes in your saves folder under Application Data. For Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\[YOUR USER NAME]\Application Data\2K Sports\Major League Baseball 2K10\Saves

FYI, the unused spaces I used to put in rookies and returnerswere as follows:

5 = Jeff Clement

9 = Allen Craig

12 = Ian Desmond

22 = Brian Duensing

30 = Jim Edmonds

33 = Jamie Garcia

39 = Craig Gentry

48 = Luke Gregerson

50 = Mark Grudzielanek

65 = Austin Jackson

81 = Kensihin Kawakami

90 = Brad Kilby

104 = Mike Lamb

115 = Rodrigo Lopez

119 = Colby Lewis

123 = Joe Mather

134 = John Raynor

139 = Ben Sheets

147 = Scott Sizemore

162 = Greg Smith

164 = Craig Stammen

172 = Steven Strasburg

176 = Mitch Talbot

179 = Jake Westbrook

181 = Jordan Zimmerman

192 = Brennan Boesch

Click here to download this file

nice thank you!

but the download wont start.

it says ... You are about to download the file '04-10-2010 Roster AND Portrait update.zip'. Please take a moment to review the following disclaimer. Afterwards click the 'Download File' button to download the file.

Hi

Im playing a franchise well into late july and I dont want to start over, so Im still using opening day roster.

Would it be ok to only use the portraits in this file with that roster? I dont care if the unused players dont show an updated pic.

I still dont understand the in&outs of roster-portraits relationship in this game, that would explain the stupidness in my question.

Thanks

Hi

Im playing a franchise well into late july and I dont want to start over, so Im still using opening day roster.

Would it be ok to only use the portraits in this file with that roster? I dont care if the unused players dont show an updated pic.

I still dont understand the in&outs of roster-portraits relationship in this game, that would explain the stupidness in my question.

Thanks

I am pretty sure that it will work. The changes on the Roster only affect those I listed.

To my understanding, the way roster-portraits work is based on three files.

1. A Portraits file in your MLB 2K10 folder, which is a depository of all portraits. It is a large file: over ~100 megs unzipped.

2. An iff file. This file is a directory (and is a lot smaller than the portraits file). It can be modded.

3. A roster file. This can be a normal roster file or those saved in My Player or Franchise files. Within the roster file, each player has been assigned a numeric value that corresponds to a portrait. When the player is accessed, it will pull whichever portrait has been specified.

The point: so long as you have the proper portraits and iff files in your 2k10 folder, when your franchise wants to load a certain player's image, if I have replaced that image, your game should pull up the replacement.

Tnx for the info Misopogon.

I'm using the portraits file right now with my ongoing franchise.

Tried to update Luke Gregerson (originally unassigned) but no luck. It pulls a Tigers player I used the Roster Editor with what I thought was THE way to do it but no luck. No bigy..just glad to have Garland, O. Salazar and others with an updated pic.

Thank you very much for your work!

• 2 weeks later...

awesome mod. my question is i can't get this to work with a new franchise or old one. game crashes to dekstop after playing the first game of the franchise. all the update pics etc and roster is there. just bombs after first game.

awesome mod. my question is i can't get this to work with a new franchise or old one. game crashes to dekstop after playing the first game of the franchise. all the update pics etc and roster is there. just bombs after first game.

Anyone else having this problem?

Anyone else having this problem?

Yes, I'm having the exact same problem. I've tried several times to start a new franchise and each time it ends in failure. The crash to Windows seems to occur when loading the Headlines screen, which is (of course) the first screen that comes up when you load a franchise. I've gotten through three spring training games without the crash before, but once it happens, the franchise forever crashes to Windows when you try to load it. I'll have to restore the original files if I want to do anything besides play exhibitions. :(

The mod rox otherwise!

usually what happens with ros files is there maybe a couple teams that have more than the 25 man rosters.I will try some time later and download this and check with tys editor and see if this maybe the case

ok i just checked and there are several teams that are under the 25 man roster which will cause a crash especially in franchise mode.Even with tys editor it crashes when ever i click on a team's team tab, that is short players

ok i just checked and there are several teams that are under the 25 man roster which will cause a crash especially in franchise mode.Even with tys editor it crashes when ever i click on a team's team tab, that is short players

anyone able to fix the roster file with the editor and re-upload?

it is still a good idea ,just when ur dealing with the .ros file ,it is real tricky and a very very time consuming work.Anyone working on roster files has to make sure all teams have the 25 men on the roster and also on every team tab make sure every position is filled and not any empty slots,both of these will cause the game to crash

Thanks for looking into this, and I apologize to anyone who had trouble because of this (though I blame 2K more than myself).

Since the problem isn't with the headshots, feel free to use that file, and also play exhibitions with that Mod. I will see if I can put together a clean mod (updated to newest rosters) this weekend.

Archived