2005 MLB Roster Completed

SwinginSoriano

I'm sure there are tons of these, but this is complete with adjusted contracts, adjusted ages (because the game still thinks it's 2004 age-wise), adjusted ratings, and accurate rosters at the MLB level. Minor league rosters consist of mostly Spring Training invites and some fillers. Lineups and rotations are all set up (though you can CPU adjust the rosters) and even some player AIs and hot and cold zones have been tweaked. Even some player's weights are adjusted. (Giambi's off the juice...)

If you have nothing better to do, download this .mbe. :lol:

http://mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Download...02004#dldetails

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW thanks. I was under the impression everyone had something like this. The AAA guys are mostly invites while AA guys are the same, I did make four Easter egg players...

Anyway, it is a .MBE because

1. It's way easier for me

2. You can adjust it

Yeah, if you want Jeter to have better defense and more contact, go for it, you want to rip off my roster? Why not. Just try to acknowledge me! :)

WOW thanks. I was under the impression everyone had something like this. The AAA guys are mostly invites while AA guys are the same, I did make four Easter egg players...

the sets of rosters that has been uploaded over the past few months (theres a couple different ones) have all been pretty inaccurate. The one i just downloaded today had Millwood on the Phillies, El Duque on the Yankees, and other big people on the wrong teams.

but why a .mbe file and not a .sav file.

Because .sav files SUCK

Start MVPedit

click import

pick a name, this will save your currect roster

open the MBE in this download

hit export and export to c:program filesEA sports MVP baseball 2004data

load MVP 2005

save the roster

exit MVP

go back to MVPedit and load the MBE you created when you save your current roster

Export it to the same location

now you have a SAV file and still have your current rosters

most people that release SAV files do not have a MBE or DAT version of that same roster, so that means alot of things can not be tweeked. You have alot more control with MBE/DAT rosters when editing them

plus a MBE/DAT roster can be converted to work with both PS2 and Xbox while a SAV roster can not

is there a reason why you changed so many of the pitch types? alot of these are just messed up

I changed a lot of pitch types because a lot of the default ones were not right. (Like Brown having a changeup instead of a splitter, Glavine having a curve ball, etc.) Of course there is stuff that is wrong, but I think it's a huge improvement over the EA default.

Thanks for the instructions krawhitham, just watch out for those damned 'read-only' files.

Now, I just checked over my file on MVPbaseball 2004 itself, here is what I saw.

- The best players in the game are ranked as Bonds-Helton-Pujols

- The best pitchers in the ranking are Ben Sheets and Johan Santana

- Best reliever is Joe Nathan

- Tino Martinez wound up with a higher rating than Giambi

Here are the 'biggest flaws' I saw when quickly going over it:

- McPherson on the Angels does not have a blank picture, but instead a noname minorleaguer face as a portait.

- Nick Neuaguebauer (sp) has WAY TOO high of a rating, in fact, it ranks him as one of the best in the game... I'd edit this. I have already on an updated version of this file.

- The Seattle Mariners are ranked as the #1 organization in the game. Probably because have having many decent pitchers in their AAA.

Other observations:

- In three simulations, the Mets were 85 game winners.

- The Brewers went to the playoffs twice.

- The Dodgers won the world series twice, and they are ranked in the 20s as an organization.

- Many standings and stats are accurate despite the Brewers getting lucky.

Because .sav files SUCK

Start MVPedit

click import

pick a name, this will save your currect roster

open the MBE in this download

hit export and export to c:program filesEA sports MVP baseball 2004data

load MVP 2005

save the roster

exit MVP

go back to MVPedit and load the MBE you created when you save your current roster

Export it to the same location

now you have a SAV file and still have your current rosters

most people that release SAV files do not have a MBE or DAT version of that same roster, so that means alot of things can not be tweeked. You have alot more control with MBE/DAT rosters when editing them

plus a MBE/DAT roster can be converted to work with both PS2 and Xbox while a SAV roster can not

Excellent post and I couldn't agree more.

Archived