Start MVPedit

click import

pick a name, this will save your currect roster

open the MBE in this download

hit export and export to c:program filesEA sports MVP baseball 2004data

load MVP 2005

save the roster

exit MVP

go back to MVPedit and load the MBE you created when you save your current roster

Export it to the same location

now you have a SAV file and still have your current rosters

most people that release SAV files do not have a MBE or DAT version of that same roster, so that means alot of things can not be tweeked. You have alot more control with MBE/DAT rosters when editing them

for your future roster, i recommend deflating some of the attributes, especially on the Giants, you have J.T. snow like TrotNixon status, and Grissom is sheffield status, but otherwise nice job

Snow was excellent versus right handers last year. Of course I am convinced he won't REPEAT last year but my very weird system for rating players is is not only my personal opinion on how good they would do.... I do an odd explanation on my FAQ. Grissom has 68/68 against righties and 93/85 against lefties... I had no idea he was rated so highly.

Sorry about that. In all of my similations so far though, Grissom nere had a Sheffield like season, A-Rod won tons of MVPs, Santana and Sheets won many Cys. (Johnson got some in the simulated seasons.) It seems like the overall stats are pretty much realistic, otehr than the fact that it's impossible to make Bonds as good as he should be.

to krawhitham

I don't think you can put different players on it. You could put Clemens on the NL team and Sheffield on the AL team but I can't delete Mike MacDougal without the actual version on the Royals getting deleted himself. (Happened to me.) I may just be missing something obvious, but the all-star teams are not of great importance to me anyway.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback. :D

If anyone wants to make my roster into a save file, be my guest. I guess I did way too much work for my own good. :oops:

No...I very much appreciate the fact that you did it in *.mbe. At least, like you said, I can edit things before I start a season if I so choose to do so. With all these *.sav files, you can't do that, and it pisses me off to no end.

*.mbe/*.dat >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> *.sav

I changed a lot of pitch types because a lot of the default ones were not right. (Like Brown having a changeup instead of a splitter, Glavine having a curve ball, etc.) Of course there is stuff that is wrong, but I think it's a huge improvement over the EA default.

no, the TYPES in mvpedit. Alot of them are changed and some are plain wrong (causing the pitches to not act like they should)

you mean pitch motion? (Like drop/some/vertical/etc.?)

I can see where mistakes can be made, but it isn't like EA did not make mistakes themselves. If anyone thinks the pitch movement is such a nuissance, they can change it.

yeahh, but i didnt notice many mistakes on EA's part with regards to pitch motion. nearly all the pitches went they way they should.

ill check tonight and see if i can pick out any that are very obvious

love the roster though

Archived