Mvp 2005 Error Msg "Mvp2005.Exe Has Stopped Working"

ladslad

Why is it so much for this game?

That's a simple question to answer. Just look around at all the mods on this website. Look at the season mods made for this game. All these mods are free. The replay-ability of Mvp 2005 is almost unlimited. And that is not even counting all the present day mods made for the game like new rosters, portraits, cyberfaces, etc. That is why people are asking this much for the game - because of what we have on this site.

Why would u pay almost $90 for a pc thats 7 years old. I think thats ridiculous.

They are asking that much because some people will pay as much. If you don't want to pay that much then don't. No one is making you. But at the same time you can't come here and post questions as to why your game won't work for you. As Jim patiently explained, this is not allowed in here and it always has been this way.

Why would u pay almost $90 for a pc thats 7 years old. I think thats ridiculous.

I mean, I didn't REALLY agree with paying whatever I paid for it ($60ish?) but I definitely got $60ish worth of enjoyment out of it. Easily.

Yea, do u know where i can buy it, cuz everywhere i looked they want between $25-$240 and I dont have that kind of money for a pc game? With no disrespect but if you're gonna ban someone for downloading a game that has been discontinued and that you cant buy anywhere and then asking about it, then you guys need help.

You may not like it, but that's the policy we have to work with here. The site owner initially put this in place to protect himself and the website. If EA Sports saw that we were supporting software piracy for one of their games, they'd have the right to shut down this site. Unlike software piracy, nothing that we do here (i.e. creating mods) takes money out of EA Sports' pockets.

You can say that it's a 7 year old game and is not worth paying more than $20 for it and I would agree with you. It's all about supply and demand. If this game wasn't still popular, based upon sites like this one, people wouldn't be able to get away with charging so much for it.

As an analogy, in 1965, the Ford Mustang had a suggested retail price of $2368 (http://en.wikipedia....ki/Ford_Mustang).

Now look here: http://mustangclassi...id=10&s_res=AND

Is it fair for people to charge this much for a 47 year old car?

You may not like the fact that MVP2005 is selling for so much, but there is nothing you (or anyone else) can do about it. As for us not providing you with support, rules are rules. If you don't like it, you are welcome to try getting help at other MVP2005 websites (if you can find any).

And by the way, if you can tell me where you saw the game for $25, let me know. That's a steal! I paid $20 for the game in 2005 and would gladly pay $25 for a third copy (as a backup to my current backup copy).

Very well put Jim. Now we'll see if this guy has the capabilities of comprehending what you were saying.

People are asking this much for the game because they are getting people out there to accept their asking price. If I thought I could sell my spare copy for $150 for example I would consider it. Only because maybe, just maybe, someone would accept it and buy it.

I mean, I didn't REALLY agree with paying whatever I paid for it ($60ish?) but I definitely got $60ish worth of enjoyment out of it. Easily.

You are getting more than 60 dollars worth of enjoyment out of this game. Just look at the Total Classics mods on the front page for example. There are 23 of them and let's just pretend that each one of those season mods would set you back 10 dollars. I came up with that figure because it's a nice round number. Well that right there is 230 dollars. And this does not count the other mods that are out there like the Mvp 2006, 2007 and 2008 mods, the Mvp Caribe mods, the WBC mod and the Mvp Mexico mod and the upcoming 2012 mod. So you see you got a bargain when you spent your 60 dollars and when people like that guy complain about the price of the game out there and then wants to come in here with his pirated game and needs help because it isn't working, you can understand why I have no sympathy for him.

You are getting more than 60 dollars worth of enjoyment out of this game. Just look at the Total Classics mods on the front page for example. There are 23 of them and let's just pretend that each one of those season mods would set you back 10 dollars. I came up with that figure because it's a nice round number. Well that right there is 230 dollars. And this does not count the other mods that are out there like the Mvp 2006, 2007 and 2008 mods, the Mvp Caribe mods, the WBC mod and the Mvp Mexico mod and the upcoming 2012 mod. So you see you got a bargain when you spent your 60 dollars and when people like that guy complain about the price of the game out there and then wants to come in here with his pirated game and needs help because it isn't working, you can understand why I have no sympathy for him.

I'm with you all the way. And apparently the online versions just have so many issues with them. Who wants to be tech support for product with known flaws?

Be patient on eBay and you can find the game for a reasonable price these days. Here's one I bought for $26 (shipping included) just 2 weeks ago. http://www.ebay.com/itm/130688734238?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 ---- just set your own reasonable price and place a bid at that level on every one you see on ebay that seems ok to you for that price and if you are truly reasonable with yourself about the price then likely you will get one in time. Good Luck.

if you get lucky, you might find one in the used sections of game stores too. i got mine for dirt cheap that way originally. had i known it was going to be so popular, i would have snagged the other four copies too. some have mentioned that they've found them for check out at their local library too.