[Tutorial] Changing Music In Mlb 2K10

Tony Williams

Here is a nice tutorial on how to change MLB 2K10 music

First off you need Adobe Audition, find a demo version or whatever, only works with this tool.

Now you can do this in either Edit mode or Multi-Track mode, it doesn't matter.

1. Go to File -> Open

2. Go to the MLB 2K10 directory

3. Select "PCM Raw Data"

4. Select jukebox.bin and hit open

5. Interpret Sample Form As: 24000, Stereo, 8-bit (Note: 2K9 uses 48000 but 2k10 uses 24000, if you select 48000 you get the music sounding like Alvin and the Chipmunks)

7. 8-bit Unsigned (default option)

8. There you go it loaded.

After you are done hit save, and replace the original file with your new file.

Note: I am not responsible if you do not make back-ups of the original file and your game messes up.

Note 2: Remember when you change music, make sure it is equal lengths to the song you change or cut your song to be equal length or you will get unwanted silence in the game.

Note 3: This works with all of the audio in the game, have safe music editing.

***********Edit***********

here is a more detailed step by step for people that are new to editing music:

Step 01: Open the music file in Audition as Raw File

Step 02: Once imported, converted it to 24000 8Bit Stereo

Step 03: Then go to View, select Edit Mode

Step 04: Highlight an entire song with the mouse.

Step 05: Right click the highlighted part and mute it.

Step 06: Right click and select Mix Paste, make sure Overlap (Mix) is selected, then click on select from File, this will import your new song

Step 07: Replace to the next songs using steps 1-6

Step 08: Once finished, go back to Edit Mode and click Save Selection, now replace your new file with the original, have fun editing music

All songs must be of equal lengths or there will be random silences in the game.

Edited by Tony Williams

We can edit jukebox music and arena music with Cool Edit Pro 2.0 or 2.1.

I, actually, thought about changing arena music, it's about 60-65 tracks I can change. But pamusic.bin is 1GB, so I don't know, will anybody download it?

To bad, we don't have a music changing/adding tool like for EA NHL PC games...

Edited by darth alru

Adobe Audition is that new to adobe. i've adobe alot i dont remeber seeing this by name before

also does make any difference what version you of this program to do this with.

No, Audition is older. It is no longer a part of the CS package.

First off you need Adobe Audition, find a demo version or whatever, only works with this tool.

1. Go to File -> Open

3. Select "PCM Raw Data"

5. Interpret Sample Form As: 24000, Stereo, 8-bit (Note: 2K9 uses 48000 but 2k10 uses 24000, if you select 48000 you get the music sounding like Alvin and the Chipmunks)

Note: I am not responsible if you do not make back-ups of the original file and your game messes up.

Note 2: Remember when you change music, make sure it is equal lengths to the song you change or cut your song to be equal length or you will get unwanted silence in the game.

Can you try to be a little more step by step specific? I followed your steps above and nothing happened when I opened the jukebox file.

Thanks

Without listing mouse movements, I think that's about as step-by-step as it can get. I followed those instructions use Cool Edit Pro 2.1, and they worked fine.

PEBKAC.

Yeah, I tried this out this morning in both AA & CE Pro, and had no issues. Thanks to the OP. :drinks:

Without listing mouse movements, I think that's about as step-by-step as it can get. I followed those instructions use Cool Edit Pro 2.1, and they worked fine.

PEBKAC.

Wow, that's funny, when I select jukebox.bin under PCM RAW Data no files show; when I select all supported file types then jukebox.bin it shows it as 'unsupported PCM'.

This is with Audition like the author suggested by the way.

Edited by Strawberry18

Wow, that's funny, when I select jukebox.bin under PCM RAW Data no files show; when I select all supported file types then jukebox.bin it shows it as 'unsupported PCM'.

This is with Audition like the author suggested by the way.

Select PCM RAW Data and enter "*" into the file name, then push Enter and it will show all the files.

Select PCM RAW Data and enter "*" into the file name, then push Enter and it will show all the files.

Ok I finally got the jukebox file loaded. Now what? The tutorial states "after you are done hit save and replace the original file with your new file". How is the new file created? :diablo:

Do you have any background with audio editing? Any at all?

The new file is created by the program when you click "Save". The same as pretty much every single program made for Windows which has a save facility. You open a file which already exists, click save, and it overwrites the original.

You're making something really simple look incredibly difficult.

Do you have any background with audio editing? Any at all?

The new file is created by the program when you click "Save". The same as pretty much every single program made for Windows which has a save facility. You open a file which already exists, click save, and it overwrites the original.

You're making something really simple look incredibly difficult.

No, the only audio software background I have is Dee Jaying & mixing music not making bin files, that is why I was asking for a little clarity in this. Anyway I understand opening the file, however, now you would have to add your own songs correct? So when I do that, I have the file jukebox name on the left sidebar along with the list all of my songs. I wish I could just highlight my songs compress and create a new bin with the same name but that is where I am lost. Sorry for my mess. :facepalm:

Step 06: Right click and select Mix Paste, make sure Overlap (Mix) is selected, then click on select from File, this will import your new song

Step 08: Once finished, go back to Edit Mode and click Save Selection, now replace your new file with the original, have fun editing music

All songs must be of equal lengths or there will be random silences in the game.

There is a jukebox song text document somewhere that shows the tracks with thensong statrt/end times, i just haven't found where the heck it is yet. Tony, you been a great help, I finally got mine to work replacing all the songs. I used a program called DJ music mixer and recorded one large file the same lenth as the original and replaced it with that one.

Tony, when I add my song and replay it, there is a noticeable hissing noise in the background which doesn't exist in the original mp3 file. Is there a way to clean those mp3's up so they match the original songs?

Thanks for all your help.

ok another method is to instead of muting the song go to amp and select -96db, this is another method of muting the song, I think this will resolve your issue

• 2 weeks later...

nothing too important to say just wanted to say thanks for figuring this out, the pa_music.bin file is how you can change the in game music + the between inning outro and intro to the game I threw MLB on Fox in there sounds nice especially at the end of the game.

Many thanks for whoever figured this out.

• 3 weeks later...

1. Go to File -> Open

3. Select "PCM Raw Data"

***********Edit***********

here is a more detailed step by step for people that are new to editing music:

Hey. After I mute the track and import my new track, all I hear is static. Is that normal or am I doing something wrong. Should I be importing my new song as a specific kind of file?

• 1 year later...

Yes, much of the 2K10 sound is editable. For general crowd ambience you would probably want to look at eventresponse.bin (external ambient sounds such as planes, cars, etc. can be found in env_amb.bin). Crowd chants can be found in chants.bin and chants2.bin. Rally/organ/walk up and theme music (6+ hours worth!) can be found in pamusic.bin. These files will all be editable using the procedure outlined above. Unfortunately, PA announcements and other speech such as PBP and umpires are in a format that was never decoded.

One last question, has anyone opened these files and noticed them different from 2010-2012? Because if they're aren't much different, I can always get me a 2010 for dirt cheap and get to explore and work.

Do any of these files require hex editing or the use of a program like Splitter?

Unforunately 2K changed their sound file compression method for both the NBA and MLB franchises (as of 2011) and as of now nobody has been able to open or edit the files successfully.

All you would need to edit the 2K9 or 2K10 files would be a program like Cool Edit/Adobe Audition, or the free program Audacity (which also works I believe if the files are imported correctly).