Widescreen Dilemma

rade

Hi guys!

I have widescreen monitor which has native (max) resolution that is 1366 x 768.

When I play MVP 05, picture of my screen is streeched, because game is programed to work with 4:3 display ratio.

Have you any workaround to solve this problem. Some people talk about small program which is called res. changer, in their explanations they gave instructions about how to change to ONLY ONE OR TWO MOST COMMON WIDESCREEN RESOLUTIONS. The basic idea is to use a hex editor and manually type in your resolution in hex number format. (mine is 1366x768)

thank you in advance!!!

At the top of the support forum is a thread named "The Support Forum - Read This First". That thread advises reading the MVP '05 FAQ list before posting. Inside that thread is the following;

I am using a widescreen display. Is it possible to get MVP 2005 to run in widescreen mode?

It's possible to get the game to run in a widescreen resolution, but the image may be "stretched" from 4:3 or 5:4 as opposed to running at true 16:9 widescreen. Check out this thread for information.

However, I'm not sure what your question is...or even if there is one, since there are no question marks in your post. All you're really doing with hex editing the .exe is manually changing the resolution at which the game runs. Theoretically, anything, including 1366x768, is possible.

Again, I don't know what the issue is...or if there is one. What is it you want to know that hasn't already been posted?

Mark, I have read your "Big, Nasty, All-encompassing Faq List!" on more than one occasion and it is very helpful. Also the support forum is just as good. But when I jump in threads like this it makes me think that you just wasted your time making that FAQ list for some people because they don't read it anyways.

Sadly, I agree, to an extent. We could nail it to people's mailboxes and they still wouldn't read it.

Thank you very much to all of you guys. I found solution to my widescreen dilemma :-).

my LCD has an option to make 1:1 mapping in games that are not intended for widescreen aspect ratio.

I AM VERY SORRY, I DID NOT LOOK CAREFULLY IN FORUM TOPICS TO FIND A SOLUTION TO MY PROBLEM, I ADDMIT THAT.

Thanks again, it wont happen again.

respectfully, Vladimir!!!

Thank you very much to all of you guys. I found solution to my widescreen dilemma :-).

my LCD has an option to make 1:1 mapping in games that are not intended for widescreen aspect ratio.

I AM VERY SORRY, I DID NOT LOOK CAREFULLY IN FORUM TOPICS TO FIND A SOLUTION TO MY PROBLEM, I ADDMIT THAT.

Thanks again, it wont happen again.

respectfully, Vladimir!!!

And to honestly tell you the truth, they're not mad EXACTLY at you for this - many people do it all the time and it's frustrating for them to hunt down all the threads like this and try to solve it. Which is why we do have the FAQ since there are many questions people ask. Some are very basic, some are a little more challenging and thus can't be put on the FAQ - the only thing we ever ask our patrons is just to try to answer your own question first, and if you seriously cannot find anything, don't be afraid to ask! We're here to help, but you need to help yourself first :friends:

If you don't mind, how exactly do you go about changing the mapping ratio on your LCD screen? I have a 22" LCD widescreen and have long given up on finding a solution to run MVP on this monitor.

Although I've been wrapped up in The Show this season, I have no doubt I'll be firing up MVP for years to come.

Thanks!

If you don't mind, how exactly do you go about changing the mapping ratio on your LCD screen? I have a 22" LCD widescreen and have long given up on finding a solution to run MVP on this monitor.

Although I've been wrapped up in The Show this season, I have no doubt I'll be firing up MVP for years to come.

Thanks!

JoeRudi26, I am very glad that I can help you.

My LCD monitor is ACER V193HQ, it is 18.5 inch lcd that is very good in terms of price here in Serbia. It is analogus lcd monitor , it has only vga connection cable. Some people say that if your monitor is not a digital lcd with DVI, then you cannot use this 1:1 mapping. That is not true because I found a option on lcd that says like this: wide aspect: FULL or ASPECT. I set it on aspect and get 1:1 screen mapping without streching the picture.

JoeRudi26, I am very glad that I can help you.

My LCD monitor is ACER V193HQ, it is 18.5 inch lcd that is very good in terms of price here in Serbia. It is analogus lcd monitor , it has only vga connection cable. Some people say that if your monitor is not a digital lcd with DVI, then you cannot use this 1:1 mapping. That is not true because I found a option on lcd that says like this: wide aspect: FULL  or ASPECT. I set it on aspect and get 1:1 screen mapping without streching the picture.

Thanks for the reply, rade. I'll check it out later tonight when I can finally get away from work. I'll report back to let you know if I got it working.

Thanks for the reply, rade. I'll check it out later tonight when I can finally get away from work. I'll report back to let you know if I got it working.

if you have an Nvidia graphics card, there is scaling options that do the same thing in the setup too.. but i think you have to be using a DVI cable for that to be in the options..

• 2 years later...

Mike Z,

Could you be more specific, please? I have a Asus HD7770 card with a Dell widescreen monitor. Could you explain in detail where would be possibly the place to look? I have that AMD setup program for the card. I just don't want to mess things up

Thanks,

BRobby05