dennisjames71

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

File Name: Shea Stadium (1970s version) YANKEES

File Submitter: dennisjames71

File Submitted: 24 Aug 2010

File Updated: 26 Aug 2010

File Category: Stadiums

Version: 1.0

Perfect for use with the great 1974 TC Mod released this summer by Jim825. Since the Yankees had to play the 1974-75 seasons at Shea Stadium while Yankee Stadium was being renovated; here are the Day & Night versions you can use to play your Yankee games. This will replace the Yankee Stadiums ideally for the '74 Mod.

*Please copy the included yankday/yanknite .TXT files to your /data directory for proper physics/collision data*

Enjoy!!

Click here to download this file

If anyone wanted to get a feel of Yankee games during the renovation years, just grab this ballpark by the Stud of Stadiums here and you'll know how it was like for the Yankees during their two year stay at Shea. Very accurate and very good sir. Thank you once again!

Hey thanks Y4L...If this passes your tests then I figure I'm pretty close to the accuracy. Since this past weekend I had studied about 3 dozen usable photos from that great Baseball Fever website and I learned a lot. Also, I hope you enjoyed my little dig at the Spaceman (an over-hyped pitcher in my opinion).

If anyone wanted to get a feel of Yankee games during the renovation years, just grab this ballpark by the Stud of Stadiums here and you'll know how it was like for the Yankees during their two year stay at Shea. Very accurate and very good sir. Thank you once again!

Hey thanks Y4L...If this passes your tests then I figure I'm pretty close to the accuracy. Since this past weekend I had studied about 3 dozen usable photos from that great Baseball Fever website and I learned a lot. Also, I hope you enjoyed my little dig at the Spaceman (an over-hyped pitcher in my opinion).

That's the first thing I noticed when I saw the description of this mod. I am no Bill Lee fan. In case you missed it, here is what Lee had to say last month when George Steinbrenner died. It was not appropriate at all.

Dennis - Thank you very much for this. If this replaces Yankee Stadium, what you will need to do is include renamed versions of the sheaday.txt and sheanite.txt files that are in the data \ datafile \ datafile.big file. These .txt files include the wall collision data, bullpen locations, etc. for the stadium. If you don't use them, the game will assume that you want to use the Yankee Stadium data for Shea Stadium and you may have strange results for balls hit over the wall or players running into walls, etc.

I've attached a .RAR file that includes the sheaday.txt and sheanite.txt files renamed to yankday.txt and yanknite.txt. These should be extracted to your data folder. You may want to re-release the stadium to include the .txt files. Let me know if you have any questions.

Shea_Yankee_txt_files.rar

Hey Jim,

Thanks so much for this...I've been on cold pills all week and this slipped my mind. I'll go ahead and re-package the files with these data/collision files and instructions on where to extract them. Thanks again for the heads-up. :clapping:

Dennis - Thank you very much for this. If this replaces Yankee Stadium, what you will need to do is include renamed versions of the sheaday.txt and sheanite.txt files that are in the data \ datafile \ datafile.big file. These .txt files include the wall collision data, bullpen locations, etc. for the stadium. If you don't use them, the game will assume that you want to use the Yankee Stadium data for Shea Stadium and you may have strange results for balls hit over the wall or players running into walls, etc.

I've attached a .RAR file that includes the sheaday.txt and sheanite.txt files renamed to yankday.txt and yanknite.txt. These should be extracted to your data folder. You may want to re-release the stadium to include the .txt files. Let me know if you have any questions.

Archived