Controller Configuartion Headache

therock17024

My god I have never had as much trouble trying to set controls for any game. I have a PS2 controller hooked up to my pc with an adapter but I cannot set the controls I want for each part of the game. I mean does the Hitting/Pitching/Baserunning etc. all have to be on the same line of keys for everything else (Do you get what I mean?). Its frustrating, How the heck can I set the control I want for each part of the game (Hitting,Pitching etc.) it seems impossible. And I have heard many saying xbox 360 controller is the way to go, but if I do end up buying one will I still have this problem ? Please help me out here thx in advance.

You'd think the game developers were in cahoots with the controller manufacturers. I have a Logitech Dual Action but not all of the buttons were usable or settable in the config section. So I bought an XBox 360 controller from Amazon. I have NBA 2K10 and 2K11 and since 2KSports uses the Xbox controller as a default I was basically forced to buy one. For some games you can find IFF files with the button graphics 'fixed' for your controller. For NBA 2K11 I had to modify the IFF file for my button configuration, which does not follow the default. In the past developers would change the button icons to match the popular controllers. If you used a Logitech controller the buttons matched. Now developers are too lazy to make these changes. I don't know about you but I can't think fast enough to convert the on screen instructions to a different controller. I have a controller graveyard representing all of the controllers I bought, gamepads and joysticks, because different manufacturers were supported by default. Gravis Gamepad Pro, MS Sidewinder Freestyle Pro, CH Products Flightstick, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, Gravis Eliminator Aftershock. That doesn't include the multitude of controllers that were broken or re-sold. Now I use the Xbox 360 for PES 2011, MLB 2K10 and NBA 2K11. I guess I'll use the Dual Action for NHL08 and Madden08 and my joystick for rFactor, GTR2 and Il 2 Sturmovik.

My god I have never had as much trouble trying to set controls for any game.

I remember trying to configure my Logitech Game Pad for last year's version. In the midst of trying to forget the game as a whole, I do think I managed to at least get it working. I've never seen such a mess in any game in in my entire life. 

If we're lucky, 2K will do the right thing and scrap their efforts at making a baseball game. It's our only hope as PC baseball gamers for next year, if in fact someone else would pick up the license. I'm convinced that no matter who picks it up, there's not a chance in Hell it could get any worse.

Yo EA, if you're reading...  :clapping:

While it's possible to get a functional configuration, it's far from optimum, or even open to personal preference. I still think it's one of the most bone-headed moves that 2K made to have their controller configuration tied to offense and defense. They did the exact same thing with the NBA series games. Just dumb. :facepalm:

I think you should explain your troubles a little bit more clearly.

I used a Playstation 2 controller with an adapter to play MLB 2k10 and did not have any troubles with the button layout or mapping.

I am not exactly sure what your problem is.

As the guy above mentioned, all of the offensive keys are tied to pitching and defense. For example if I use X for swinging the bat, then I automatically HAVE TO use X for whatever X is while pitching, I cannot set my own keys for defense, pitching and hitting like in all other baseball games because in this game they all have to be tied together.

Archived