Mvp 2K5 Mod 8 Help!

RobbieG1977

This MVP Baseball 08 mod has the roster from the 2008 season. How do I update it to the current season?

Thanks....

I don't know for sure, but I think this roster is compatible with the 2008 Mod. Just follow the directions in the readme to install.

The rosters are accurate as of August 14, 2010.

I don't think anyone's released a more recent roster that's compatible with MVP '08 since then. You could always make your own roster with MVPedit if this doesn't suffice.

I don't know for sure, but I think this roster is compatible with the 2008 Mod. Just follow the directions in the readme to install.

The rosters are accurate as of August 14, 2010.

I don't think anyone's released a more recent roster that's compatible with MVP '08 since then. You could always make your own roster with MVPedit if this doesn't suffice.

do I also have to install the facepack?

Really, all I have to say here is thank God for Dylan Bradbury. Seriously.

You're definitely right. Quite a change, isn't it? To actually get a mature, helpful response, instead of belittling and berating anyone that had the "gull" to ask for help.

You're gone for a reason. Don't forget it.

And if you wanna "go", then we'll "go". I'm looking forward to it.

• 3 weeks later...

You're definitely right. Quite a change, isn't it? To actually get a mature, helpful response, instead of belittling and berating anyone that had the "gull" to ask for help.

You're gone for a reason. Don't forget it.

And if you wanna "go", then we'll "go". I'm looking forward to it.

Yes thats why I post. I need help and I try and complete what these two gentleman suggest.

I reinstalled MVP Baseball 2005 with Homer's facepack and the 2008 mod. I installed the mod first. It crashed. Then was like ok the facepack needs to be installed. Well that crashes my game too!

Now what?

I reinstalled MVP Baseball 2005 with Homer's facepack and the 2008 mod. I installed the mod first. It crashed. Then was like ok the facepack needs to be installed. Well that crashes my game too!

Now what?

You installed the 2008 mod, and it crashed. Did you mean that you installed the 2008 mod AND the roster file and it crashed? Then you added the face pack and it still crashed? Just trying to make sure we have all the details right. Maybe I just read it wrong.

Anyway, I had issues with the 2008 mod when it first came out. Some of the stadiums (most notably Fenway) crashed my game every time. My PC just didn't have what it took to handle the hi res stadiums. I had to find the Fenway light version in the mods section.

It's been a while since I played, so I kinda forget a lot of the fixes, but if it is crashing when showing the stadium right at the start, I am pretty sure it is a facepack issue, or the stadium thing I mentioned. Have you tried to play the game with different teams that when you first started? If you can get the game to work using different teams, then you know it is either the stadium you were in, or an issue with a face file from the team taking the field, from your first attempt.

You installed the 2008 mod, and it crashed. Did you mean that you installed the 2008 mod AND the roster file and it crashed? Then you added the face pack and it still crashed? Just trying to make sure we have all the details right. Maybe I just read it wrong.

Anyway, I had issues with the 2008 mod when it first came out. Some of the stadiums (most notably Fenway) crashed my game every time. My PC just didn't have what it took to handle the hi res stadiums. I had to find the Fenway light version in the mods section.

It's been a while since I played, so I kinda forget a lot of the fixes, but if it is crashing when showing the stadium right at the start, I am pretty sure it is a facepack issue, or the stadium thing I mentioned. Have you tried to play the game with different teams that when you first started? If you can get the game to work using different teams, then you know it is either the stadium you were in, or an issue with a face file from the team taking the field, from your first attempt.

After the mod was installed the game ran fine. When I installed the 2008 roster by Homer it crashed. So I installed the facepack. It still crashed.

After the mod was installed the game ran fine. When I installed the 2008 roster by Homer it crashed. So I installed the facepack. It still crashed.

Well, not to be picky, but the roster wasn't by Homer, but still...

Read my last paragraph and see if that helps at all. At this point, we have to narrow down who's face file is causing the issue. If you can get some teams to work, and not others, that helps figure out which team it is from.

Archived