2011 Rosters

SESbb30

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished and uploaded the Diamondbacks. That means that the NL Central, NL West, AL East, and a part of the NL East are all done. Right now, if my predictions are correct, the spare time with my spring break and Ryan's, we should be able to release a playtest roster of the MLB teams around 7 days before the season begins, and we'll have all the minor league rosters set (but without their ratings adjusted) in time for opening day.

As usual, if you'd like to help, please let me, Ryan (SESbb30), or Travis (Playball) know, and we'll try and get a task appropriate to your abilities and availability. Most especially, getting some of the ratings done for the minor leagues would be amazingly helpful.

I will start on the AL West tomorrow.

~Chris

Chris, I think I can get the AL West done. Do you you want to start on the AL Central?

Ryan invited us to work on the AL West, so I think we should respect his wish that we start with that division first . . .

I'll start on the Athletics tomorrow, let me know which team(s) you will be working on.

~Chris

Wow. Ur awesome! I'll have the athletics done tomorrow. I will also update the playtest roster at that time, e-mailing it to all of my playtesters . . . especially jogar. At that point, 4, almost 5 of the 6 divisions will be done, so I may even post the roster here online as "Alpha 1.0" if its OK with you and Ryan.

~Chris

playball, chris, if you guys finish the AL west before i finish the NL East, i have the 40 man rosters for the royals and white sox finished if you wanted to start on some AL central teams.

Okeedokee. Just so that we don't start working on the same team(s), I'll post which team I'll begin working on, as well as when. Like I said, I won't have an opportunity to work on any until Monday though.

~Chris

Oh Ryan and Travis: I was thinking that in the final release of the rosters, we should probably include the all of the injured players: I had forgotten that tywiggins's "MVP2005editor" allows you to enter injuries onto any player, so wouldn't it just make more sense to release the rosters with ignorance to injuries, and maybe offer a list of players, their injuries, and time away from play?

The only problem with this would be simple exhibition play, where there would be no way to make an injured player (like adam wainwright). The only option would be for users to manually edit the rosters.

I'm starting to think that this form of every user personally editing the rosters and/or injuries for each and every player gives them much more flexibility with our rosters: if they want it to be accurate, it would be easy to fix. If they don't want it accurate, then at least the rosters and payroll are correct.

Whattuyu guys think?

~Chris

yes, it will be, when it gets released i reccomend getting homers latest facepack(s).

and guys, im home for spring break right now, and my internet is really effed up right now, im having my brother post this for me because my internet is out right now for some reason, i have the marlins done, i finished them and 10 minutes later the internet went out and has been out since, im doing everything i can to try to get it back up.

yes, it will be, when it gets released i reccomend getting homers latest facepack(s).

and guys, im home for spring break right now, and my internet is really effed up right now, im having my brother post this for me because my internet is out right now for some reason, i have the marlins done, i finished them and 10 minutes later the internet went out and has been out since, im doing everything i can to try to get it back up.

Ryan, in my most sarcastic voice possible, let me just say that you suck, your internet sucks, and your mother sucks too . . . although that last one is probably not a bad thing . . . :wub:

Anyway, its good to hear that you finally have the time to work on the rosters again. Looking forward to completing the project!

~Chris

Archived