Mvp 15 Cyberfaces Project

jogar84

cyberface and portrait id's are assigned here. the modders need to make sure their mods are consistent with this list so that everything is compatible. player cyberfaces, portraits, audios, and rosters don't work together if they aren't consistent. if you use a roster that has a mistake, you need to point this list out to the modder to make sure it's compatible. all changes to the id assignments are made there so that you can just use tit to install the mods.

cyberface and portrait id's are assigned here. the modders need to make sure their mods are consistent with this list so that everything is compatible. player cyberfaces, portraits, audios, and rosters don't work together if they aren't consistent. if you use a roster that has a mistake, you need to point this list out to the modder to make sure it's compatible. all changes to the id assignments are made there so that you can just use tit to install the mods.

So I need to go through the ID list on my roster and make sure that every player's assignment matches the list? *sigh* I'm sure most of them are correct, but this sounds like a dreadfully dull process.

Nevertheless, thanks for the info Homer.

~Chris

it is dreadful, which is why the roster modder needs to make sure to stay up-to-date with the assignments there. you can see which faces aren't working right and just change them individually. the cyberface modders (right now it's just me and jogar) assignment them according to that list, and any changes we want to make we request them there too. the same goes for the portrait and audio modders. good news is that most of them are probably up to date since most the rosters were based on kg's roster, who was the one keeping all of it updated previous to last year.

if you're using your own roster, then yes you will need to do it yourself :(

So I need to go through the ID list on my roster and make sure that every player's assignment matches the list? *sigh* I'm sure most of them are correct, but this sounds like a dreadfully dull process.

Nevertheless, thanks for the info Homer.

~Chris

Besides compatibility with updated cyberfaces and portrait packs, you need to check these id's in MVPedit to ensure that your rosters won't crash the game. I see that you are basing yours off of HiHeat's from last season (which were in turn based off KG's) and they are mostly correct. Correct enough that you shouldn't encounter much crashing, at least in exhibition mode. There are several errors, however. So, if you were to try to use these rosters in owner/dynasty mode, you would almost certainly encounter game-crashes at some point.

Besides compatibility with updated cyberfaces and portrait packs, you need to check these id's in MVPedit to ensure that your rosters won't crash the game. I see that you are basing yours off of HiHeat's from last season (which were in turn based off KG's) and they are mostly correct. Correct enough that you shouldn't encounter much crashing, at least in exhibition mode. There are several errors, however. So, if you were to try to use these rosters in owner/dynasty mode, you would almost certainly encounter game-crashes at some point.

I don't want to get too far from the original point of this thread, but I'm arranging rosters off of HiHeat's roster, and pasting them onto a blank slate. My playtest rosters have ar_key's TL32 rosters for all the teams my team of modders has not yet edited, but when we finish, there will be no "base" roster but only pasted teams onto a blank slate, hopefully with no errors. The main thing is to build off of the fabulous job the HiHeat and ar_key have done in updating their cyberfaces and portraits up to this point. I won't lie: most of the work my team of modders is doing is simply bringing an old framework up to date . . ..most of the data is already excellently done by Hiheat and ar_key, and I wouldn't dream of depriving them of the major credit they deserve.

I'm dreading the project of bringing new cyberfaces and portraits into the rosters . . . it sounds like a headache. Still, Jogar's cyberfaces will make the game look new again, and if ar_key ever gets access to all of the portraits, we have a chance at a decent 2011 update, and perhaps a full 2012 conversion.

~Chris

I don't want to get too far from the original point of this thread, but I'm arranging rosters off of HiHeat's roster, and pasting them onto a blank slate. My playtest rosters have ar_key's TL32 rosters for all the teams my team of modders has not yet edited, but when we finish, there will be no "base" roster but only pasted teams onto a blank slate, hopefully with no errors. The main thing is to build off of the fabulous job the HiHeat and ar_key have done in updating their cyberfaces and portraits up to this point. I won't lie: most of the work my team of modders is doing is simply bringing an old framework up to date . . ..most of the data is already excellently done by Hiheat and ar_key, and I wouldn't dream of depriving them of the major credit they deserve.

I'm dreading the project of bringing new cyberfaces and portraits into the rosters . . . it sounds like a headache. Still, Jogar's cyberfaces will make the game look new again, and if ar_key ever gets access to all of the portraits, we have a chance at a decent 2011 update, and perhaps a full 2012 conversion.

~Chris

portraits project is underway. tell anyone who's interested to look at mlbmods. updating cyberface and portrait ids is simple. just look at totte's thread and go through each post he makes. every time he makes an update, he posts it in his thread. that way you don't have to go through each and every player.

jogar, i'm updating totte's list for cyberfaces now, so below are some changes for compatibility. i went through this thread to look for your new ones, and this is what i have below now.

310 kirk gibson

131 chris capuano

52 tsuyoshi nishioka

139 nyjer morgan

362 pablo sandoval

154 casey mcgehee

076 paul janish

089 jon niese

114 bryce harper

160 kila kaaihue

208 john lannan

164 ian desmond

172 buster posey

EDIT: 391 buck showalter

i'll keep the list updated for cyberfaces, so just post here if you don't have an id for anyone.

jogar, i'm updating totte's list for cyberfaces now, so below are some changes for compatibility. i went through this thread to look for your new ones, and this is what i have below now.

310 kirk gibson

131 chris capuano

52 tsuyoshi nishioka

139 nyjer morgan

362 pablo sandoval

154 casey mcgehee

076 paul janish

089 jon niese

114 bryce harper

160 kila kaaihue

208 john lannan

164 ian desmond

172 buster posey

EDIT: 391 buck showalter

i'll keep the list updated for cyberfaces, so just post here if you don't have an id for anyone.

thanks should come in handy

also seen your new faces over at MLBMODS, cant post there at the moment but votto and the rest look great

thanks should come in handy

also seen your new faces over at MLBMODS, cant post there at the moment but votto and the rest look great

thanks. these should all be great additions, since those guys seem pretty determined to do a roster. since i'll be knocking out portraits as well, i'll definitely be releasing a compatible facepack again this year.