Mlb2K11 Roster Editor

tywiggins

Yeah, I haven't released an update since kraw and others reported this problem. I'm trying to get a complete injury list working for the next update. I'm getting very close on it.

Edit: Let me know if you see the injury "Hamstring Pull" in the game. It's the only injury that I haven't found.

With this feature working will make the game almost bearable. I will really appreciate it, but.... can I ask if you have any idea how to fix the darn "stats-roll-over problem"?

Is it something you can add to the Roster Editor? I mentioned it in earlier posts and I am not sure anyone else has the problem, but every franchise I have created (I have created 10), since 2K11 came out has the same problem. Players of my team carry their stats over from last year, through Spring Training and on through to the Regular season. It sucks, it ruins the idea of playing in franchise mode.

Anyway, it doesn't hurt to ask.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You need to have your eyes checked, it is not even close yet

A) the damn thing phones home

B) I opened and saved (new name) a roster file making no changes, but yet when I examined the files there were 1650 differences between then

C) the layout is just that of a database, the names of category to not clearly state what is being changed

D) It does not do lineups, team lists, rotation, uniform colors, etc

E) you are an idiot

Like I said not even close

Probably, E) is the only thing, everyone'd expected to hear from a moderator with over 9000 posts and a reasonable reputation. ;)

Calling someone's (hard) work with such words as "sh it" or "damn thing" says everything (guess, what) for the author of such a message.

About all the other things: i can argue with you on each point, but i will let my work and the community say everything, once i'm finished with the mid-terms.

And, Ty, congratulations on your new findings! I wish you all the best and good luck with further editing! :friends: Big Respect!

Probably, E) is the only thing, everyone'd expected to hear from a moderator with over 9000 posts and a reasonable reputation. ;)

Calling someone's (hard) work with such words as "sh it" or "damn thing" says everything (guess, what) for the author of such a message.

About all the other things: i can argue with you on each point, but i will let my work and the community say everything, once i'm finished with the mid-terms.

And, Ty, congratulations on your new findings! I wish you all the best and good luck with further editing! :friends: Big Respect!

Nice reply. Obviously you weren't the author of the post in question, so no one here should hold that against you. I have yet to play around with either editor's....although I bought the game, I dunno if I want to put more money into it....it's not a horrible game, but I am kind of cheap with my money.

Nice work on both editors though, either is worth the money I am sure.

I'm not a moderator/admin for this site and never have been, I'm just a modder. I make mods for MVP & MLB.

But how about this

I open a ROS file in the new editor. Made no changes. Saved as ROS file with a new name. Compared both files and had 1663 differences.

In game the new saved roster is missing all FA players

In game while playing a franchise using the new saved roster it Crashes To Desktop on draft day

It is a good start but unusable at this point

I never called it sh*t, and if you do not want me using the term damn thing, stop having it phone home, I hate that s**t

I'm not a moderator/admin for this site and never have been, I'm just a modder. I make mods for MVP & MLB.

But how about this

I open a ROS file in the new editor. Made no changes. Saved as ROS file with a new name. Compared both files and had 1663 differences.

In game the new saved roster is missing all FA players

In game while playing a franchise using the new saved roster it Crashes To Desktop on draft day

It is a good start but unusable at this point

I never called it sh*t, and if you do not want me using the term damn thing, stop having it phone home, I hate that s**t

Sorry 'bout that. I mixed modder and moder, not seeing any moders here, just admins.

I understand, Ty's your (close) friend, and, of course, you want to protect him and his work, when s**t is being told about it, but i've never told a bad word about his work. Made a few fair comparisons in the other topic, but not a single rude word or whatever. Of course, it's a kind of shock to me reading a message from a respectable guy about my work, written in quite a rude voice...

About FAs: It's always better to just report a bug.

About changes: probably, they are related to height/weight, stored as reals, not integers, inside 2K files. If you read more about how reals are stored in computers' memory, you'll see, that a change by ~0.00000001 is possible, when rounding to x.yy (2 digits after point) and then saving back. Nothing serious at all.

The other fact is that REDitor automatically removes unused names from files, freeing up the space.

About checking for updates: i'm not going to disable this convinient feature only to get someone stop bad-languaging the editor. If you don't like the feature, just black-list the tool with your firewall. In case, i don't like something personally, i don't start immediately calling it "damn thing" or whatever, at least not in public.

not sure who blasted tys work but it is totally uncalled for to come here and say anything bad about anyones work.He puts his time in to help modders and all to improve this game when im sure he has better things he probally could do.Ive supported Tys work in the last three years since ive been here and will continue as long as i am able.He puts out quality programs.Tys editor has made a major breakthru this year when it comes to modding unis.I dont see any other program that is able to do helmets and undershirts just to name a couple things.If u wanna use the other editor thats ur decision and ur loss but dont cut down anyones hard work, just isnt right

That guy has been dealt with (if you know what I mean), so don't expect to see any more negative posts from him in the future. Actually, don't expect to see ANY posts from him...

version 1.33 is now available. http://tywiggins.mvpmods.com/buy11.html

Fixed in this version:

Removing an injury from a player should no longer crash the game.

Also, the injury list is updated and in (roughly) alphabetical order. For some reason there are two injury codes for some of the injuries, so I included them both.

The injury list should be just about complete. The only injury that I'm missing is "Hamstring Pull". There may also be some more duplicate injuries. Let me know if you see this injury in the game, or if you get a message box in the editor that says something like "injury #xxxx -- Player Name"

Link to version 1.34 announcement: http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showtopic=51447&view=findpost&p=619815

version 1.33 is now available. http://tywiggins.mvpmods.com/buy11.html

Fixed in this version:

Removing an injury from a player should no longer crash the game.

Also, the injury list is updated and in (roughly) alphabetical order. For some reason there are two injury codes for some of the injuries, so I included them both.

The injury list should be just about complete. The only injury that I'm missing is "Hamstring Pull". There may also be some more duplicate injuries. Let me know if you see this injury in the game, or if you get a message box in the editor that says something like "injury #xxxx -- Player Name"

ya got the injury #513 ty

Ty just got the editor this morning. First to say it has come a long way since this thread first started, really enjoying it. The uniform editing tab is great. I know we are able to change undershirts and helmet colors. I was just wondering when you change the team colors, does that effect the color of the socks or high stirrups also?

Also I have pena 1 accessories, there are two different fileders gloves in the modd. Is there a way to specify which brand your fileder will have. for example Robinson Cano uses a black glove with a brown webb. Depending on which glove he assigned according to the way you edit in the game, you can edit the glove to the same way he uses now.

Also is there way to include the uniform hat colors and link it to the color editor so that can be changed also?

Thanks

Ty just got the editor this morning. First to say it has come a long way since this thread first started, really enjoying it. The uniform editing tab is great. I know we are able to change undershirts and helmet colors. I was just wondering when you change the team colors, does that effect the color of the socks or high stirrups also?

Also I have pena 1 accessories, there are two different fileders gloves in the modd. Is there a way to specify which brand your fileder will have. for example Robinson Cano uses a black glove with a brown webb. Depending on which glove he assigned according to the way you edit in the game, you can edit the glove to the same way he uses now.

Also is there way to include the uniform hat colors and link it to the color editor so that can be changed also?

Thanks

I'm pretty sure the sock/stirrups get their color from the uniform file. I am able to change it in the roster/franchise file, but it doesn't work that well. I have to put it in the same mode as the "Create Team" uniforms. Plus, if I put in white for the sock color, the socks and hat will be gray. It's not very useful, so I probably won't add it to the editor.

As for gloves, I really haven't looked at the gloves/accessories part yet.

Ok my only objective to changing the color with the hats and socks is just to make them a little darker using the paint tool u added because alot of the unform hats are a little light a and saturated. The deal with the socks was to make them the same colors as my sleeves.

For example I modded the yankee helmets to look more like the real life color. Made the sleeves the same color also.

Im really not into changing anything to what wouldnt be normal. i just want to deepen the colors a bit because alot of them are to light and a bit off.

By socks i mean the uniform socks that the players lock Arod, Gardner, and Granderson wear, with the pants up high.

Thanks

ya got the injury #513 ty

Can you see what number it gives you with this version of the program, please?

http://tywiggins.mvpmods.com/downloads/temp/MLB2K11%20Roster%20Editor.exe

I tried putting in 513, but it caused a crash.

Can you see what number it gives you with this version of the program, please?

http://tywiggins.mvpmods.com/downloads/temp/MLB2K11%20Roster%20Editor.exe

I tried putting in 513, but it caused a crash.

ya cant find that dam #513 i will look for it lol

yeah the socks and stirrups are on the uniform file sequence #05 and for those who may not know, the logo for the batting helmets are on the numbers sequence on the bottom right corner

Don spa

for the socks and stirrups, are they in the left hand corner of the sequence file number 5? I see a square in the right and on the left some with two whited out spots, is that the socks and the stirrups?

thanks

yeah the socks and stirrups are on the uniform file sequence #05 and for those who may not know, the logo for the batting helmets are on the numbers sequence on the bottom right corner

Don Spa

I edited the dds file in the yankee home uniform for the hat, I exported the texture and opened it up in paint.net, all I did was change the contrast of the hat to make it look darker. I saved it as a DXT5 and imported back into the iff file. When I play the game it looks ok, but of you do a replay and get up close in it you see a bunch of lines a nd triangles almost like a computer image. Do you now what I may have done wrong?

Thanks

nothing. there meant to look like there stitching if its the NY your talking about.

I dont think I understand you and you me. What Im saying is the original hat looks smooth and real. After I mod the hat it looks like a computer 3d polygon image. It looks like how you would design it on a computer program first without being texturized to get the real look. The team I playing against, there hat looks like mine did before I modded it.

Thanks

I dont think I understand you and you me. What Im saying is the original hat looks smooth and real. After I mod the hat it looks like a computer 3d polygon image. It looks like how you would design it on a computer program first without being texturized to get the real look. The team I playing against, there hat looks like mine did before I modded it.

Thanks

This is just a guess:

I think Paint.Net puts a couple of extra mip maps from what the game expects. So, the file is slightly too big, which might cause some problems.

You can use this to create a DDS with the proper number of mip maps for the game from .tga, .png, .bmp files.

For the main uniform, I think 8 is the proper number of Mip Maps.

This is just a guess:

Try opening your .dds file, and with Paint.net do a "Save as" -- Then put in a filename, and make sure DDS is the selected Type. Then press Save. Then make sure Generate Mip Maps is selected, and then press OK.

Edit: I think Paint.Net puts a couple of extra mip maps from what the game expects.

You can use this to create a DDS with the proper number of mip maps for the game from .tga, .png, .bmp files.

Thanks Ty that worked. I will probably go throught the rest of the hats and see which ones need to be changed and upload them so others can use. Also thanks for the link to the paint.net program, makes modding a lot easier.

With a good patch from 2k, the mod tools, and the editor working on, this game is turning out to be a real fun one to play. I play it more than the show because something new is being discovered every day to imrove the way it looks and plays.

THUMBS UP TO YOU GUYS HERE AT MVP MODS!!!

This is just a guess:

I think Paint.Net puts a couple of extra mip maps from what the game expects. So, the file is slightly too big, which might cause some problems.

well ty missing is sore left hamstring #1580 if that is not the # see if u can find sore hamstring

no on the left side right under the pants those are the socks n stirrups.That square thats on the right side when u load the game and u get to the screen where u can choose what uniform u want that square changes the color of the undershirt on the selection screen.I found this out a few days ago when i was wondering what would happen if i changed it to florescent green and thats what changed when i loaded the game.Ive played a few games but now ill stop until i get all the unis done that i plan on doing. The hats i havnt run into any probs yet so guess ive lucked out.Lol for me the frustrating part is how they did the numbers this year

I'm getting injury message popups now when I edit some players since I installed version 1.33. And I have zero injured players in my roster file. Does this mean my save file is glitched or what's going on, can someone explain? Thanks.

Archived