Mlb2K11 Mod Tool?

Lukis

The mod tools for the 2k9 and 2k10 games were awesome... now, does anyone know if anyone is working on an mlb2k11 mod tool? I've had the game for a couple of days now, and I already want to start working on some new uniforms/textures. I opened the uniform IFF files from 2k11 with the 2k10 mod tool, and the files came out looking odd (ie the color is off, or too bland), so I don't think I should mess with it.

Let me know if anyone knows anything

Thanks

Thanks for the link. It works decent (was able to replace the shoes in the global IFF file, but the individual uniforms keep having the same issue. Colors on the jersey numbers and letters are off (Orioles colors are shown as red and blue) and the jersey picture itself is transparent and with all logos missing. If anyone can figure out how to mod these jerseys/make new ones, please let me know

The NBA tool extracts the main Jersey picture as a 50% transparency, with all the logos (sleeve emblems and letters on chest) cut out completely. Could mean one of two things. Either the extractor doesn't work correctly, or modding these unis will be a huuuuggeee pain. I hope for option A

The NBA tool extracts the main Jersey picture as a 50% transparency, with all the logos (sleeve emblems and letters on chest) cut out completely. Could mean one of two things. Either the extractor doesn't work correctly, or modding these unis will be a huuuuggeee pain. I hope for option A

What file name?

looking at uniform_cir.iff for both 2k10 & 2k11 they look the same

5 entrees with 4 images and all images look the same

It looks like the main jersey texture image contains an alpha channel this year, where last year's image (as well as 2K9's if I remember correctly) did not. Buttons, logos, and the belt are 100% black. The socks are set at 67% gray, and the regular uniform portion is 33% gray. I'm not sure how the game uses the alpha image. It looks like they still have a separate image for the bump map.

Got it, working on uniforms now.

By the way, the uniform design layout changed from 2k10 to 2k11. Not too much, mostly the collar and the piping, so the 2k10 and 2k9 designs will not work unfortunately.

I was able to use the NBA2K editor to mod jerseys...even though the file shows weird colors for the team name on the jersey, if you export the file as DDS to Photoshop, it will show up correctly. However, I get a disk error when I try to export the file with the player's name letters. Also I can't figure out how to change the color of helmets, does anyone know what file that is?

helmets and undershirts has been an area that we have never been able to mod,I was working on unis tonite and was using my files from last year and i too am running into problems with players names.Not getting an error just the names are jumbled and if i try and make the jerseys with no names then the uni turns green

Uniforms on 2011:

Fabric on the Jersey and Pants: 67.7% (the armpit inserts on the Cool Base jerseys are 100% solid)

Trim, Piping: 33.3%

Logos, sleeve emblems, Belts: Missing completely (cut out) from the original files, but if you want to add your own at 33.3, it looks just fine in the game.

Editing these things are more of a pain than it was previously, just bc you have to keep in mind everything is a transparency, but not impossible.

helmets and undershirts has been an area that we have never been able to mod,I was working on unis tonite and was using my files from last year and i too am running into problems with players names.Not getting an error just the names are jumbled and if i try and make the jerseys with no names then the uni turns green

There must be a master file somewhere that's feeding all the info on what colors helmets and undershirts are supposed to be. I'm new here, but I'm surprised nobody has found it yet. Only reason I'm asking is because this year, it seems the info for what colors the letters and numbers on the player jerseys are, is also governed by some master file, so they can't be changed from jersey to jersey, and that is extremely irritating.

I was able to use the NBA2K editor to mod jerseys...even though the file shows weird colors for the team name on the jersey, if you export the file as DDS to Photoshop, it will show up correctly. However, I get a disk error when I try to export the file with the player's name letters. Also I can't figure out how to change the color of helmets, does anyone know what file that is?

Save the file for the letters for names on the backs of the jerseys as DXT5 WITHOUT generating mipmaps. Save the file for the Numbers on the jerseys as DXT5 WITH generating mipmaps... then import both back into the IFF file. That should fix your error problem

Whoa! I could never get the names working on MLB2k10 and tried all sorts of things but never thought to just get rid of the mipmaps. I can't wait to get home tonight and try that.

Lukis, you may be a genius!

I wish someone could mod the ball in this years game, when Im pitching it looks a bit yellow, not a hug deal but it dopes bother me a bit.

Archived