My Gripes

venn177

Wow. First of all, wow. The animations are amazing, the errors are realistic, pretty much read this thread if you want the pros and cons. I just have a few extra gripes I wanted to complain about with other people.

1. No Single A in My Player. Not that big.

2. Create a team? Yes. Do anything with it? No.

3. Within 5 years of a franchise, 80% of pitchers, bullpen included, have at leaset 70 or so stamina.

4. The new My Player guy has a creepy voice. Kinda' scares me.

5. When signing players, it's almost completely based on overall rating, and the most I've seen anyone sign for is about $15MM/yr.

5.a. Within 10 years of a franchise, the Yankees can literally buy every player and still have money to spare.

6. The more popular players have much more detailed faces than anyone else. Which I wouldn't mind, except I'm a perfectionist about stuff like that.

7. Pitching is new and interesting? It's the same as last year.

8. Youngest a person can be wasn't updated, DOB can't be in 1992 like it should be.

9. Might just be me, but whenever I play franchise, about 50% of the time when I press the button for placing draft picks, the game crashes with no error or anything.

10. Rain rain go away, you don't exist anyway.

11. Bats don't break.

12. I've seen one check swing in about 45 games.

13. Signing as soon as you're drafted? Check. Getting thrown straight to Double A, no matter your age? Check. Being thrust into the end of a game the day you're drafted? Check. Realistic? Not check.

14. Although better, player development still needs work. There are actually power hitters now, the problem is they all fit into the mold of Jack Cust-types: Homeruns, but that's it.

14.a. No 5-tool players will be generated through the random prospects. Closest you'll get is a 70-75ish on all stats with great defense, or great defense, speed, 85+ contact on both sides, and no power.

15. The AI for trading is pretty horrible. Example: (in this example, the team on the bottom would have very little catching depth.

Catcher Guy, Ovr 75, age 35 ***/***

for

Pitcher Guy, Ovr 80, age 23 ***/*****

Recommendation: Accept

The equivalent to this would be trading Rod Barajas for Stephen Strasburg, or something.

I'm sure I'll get more while playing through a few games, so I'll edit them into this thread as I run into them.

This could be just me, but I feel like the game is a little unbalanced to emphasize new features/improvements. For example, errors are significantly improved and pop-ups behind the plate is new, and for me, there seems to be way too many errors (including some unrealistic ones) and pop outs to the catcher. Kind of like 2K shoving these down our throat just in case people don't clearly see that they have been added/improved...

It seems to me, based on my lousy memory, that this is normal for 2k. They miss something in the release, and then either "fix" it via patch, or the next years release... But when they fix it, they seem to over do it, and go to far in the opposite direction.

This could be just me, but I feel like the game is a little unbalanced to emphasize new features/improvements. For example, errors are significantly improved and pop-ups behind the plate is new, and for me, there seems to be way too many errors (including some unrealistic ones) and pop outs to the catcher. Kind of like 2K shoving these down our throat just in case people don't clearly see that they have been added/improved...

I don't feel like I'm really encountering this.

Errors are pretty much perfect for me, and pop-ups behind the plate are about normal as far as I've noticed, too.

One thing I've noticed: 2k loves the Red Sox. Youkilis at 95/99 against LHP, seriously? He's not better than Pujols, sorry. They really stacked the Red Sox, though, it's creepy.

On a funny note, I've had about 50% of my errors come from Jeter being unable to handle a groundball right in front of him.

I never had this game before, will be getting it this week so my question is, can you edit players attributes in this game? If not what about when using the editor that was made? Thanks.

Yeah, this year they've made attributes more customizable than ever, with the ability to change tendencies a hitter has against left/right-handed pitchers.

Have yet to figure out how all of it is determined, but it definitely helps make hitters season-end line look better.

Yeah, this year they've made attributes more customizable than ever, with the ability to change tendencies a hitter has against left/right-handed pitchers.

Have yet to figure out how all of it is determined, but it definitely helps make hitters season-end line look better.

Ok thanks, that sounds good. :)

My gripes are:

My Player:

1- The check swings are to hard to implement unless I'm doing something wrong.

2- Haven't see one broken bat. Does it happen?

3- Class A team nonexistent.

4- Exact same weird mentor from last year.

5- I don't like when I have a player at second and lead off a couple steps he sprints back to second as hard as he can after every pitch. Just looks stupid.

6- Whats up with the batters' right legs when they are batting? They are at so sharp of an angle it looks kinda dumb.

7- More weather and different wind directions would be nice.

8- The game is basically a patched 2K10. It needs a whole new engine. Looking a little dated.

9- I cant change the batters view when doing the power/contact hitting drill.

I have just been playing My Player so I'm sure I will see more when I start franchise and online play. The game has vastly improved over last year. So far I am pretty happy especially for just $30.

My gripes are:

My Player:

Using classic controls, check swings are executed in a stupid way. It's unnatural for a person to press the swing button again to stop. There's no need to reinvent the wheel. The buttons on controllers are pressure sensitive and the way MVP 2005 and MLB The Show do check swings is perfect - like i said, no reason to change what's good.

OK, my next gripe is a generic one, but I'm gonna take it to a deeper level. The graphics are bad. It's not that the engine is bad though. The way they designed the player models isn't accurate to human anatomy. It's so bad in my eyes, that I actually think MVP 2005's player models look more realistic and resemble the actual player more. You could hook me up to a lie detector and I bet I'd pass. The problem with this observation is.. The game that looks better is 6 years older.

Another gripe of mine is how the left stick works in this game. It's stupid - again - another stupid way to use something. It's so appropriate to have the left stick control where you swing in the zone or to influence the ball - and that's what they chose, the influence - but come on, it feels so unnatural. Again, that word unnatural comes up. That basically sums up the game. It needs better design. That graphics engine could look awesome if the lead designer wasn't such a chooch.

My gripes are:

My Player:

2- Haven't see one broken bat. Does it happen?

3- Class A team nonexistent.

4- Exact same weird mentor from last year.

5- I don't like when I have a player at second and lead off a couple steps he sprints back to second as hard as he can after every pitch. Just looks stupid.

6- Whats up with the batters' right legs when they are batting? They are at so sharp of an angle it looks kinda dumb.

7- More weather and different wind directions would be nice.

8- The game is basically a patched 2K10. It needs a whole new engine. Looking a little dated.

9- I cant change the batters view when doing the power/contact hitting drill.

I have just been playing My Player so I'm sure I will see more when I start franchise and online play. The game has vastly improved over last year. So far I am pretty happy especially for just $30.

Hi JohnnyYu,

Can you give me a little more detail about gripe #5: I don't like when I have a player at second and lead off a couple steps he sprints back to second as hard as he can after every pitch. Just looks stupid.

I haven't bought the game yet so you are saying your base runner at second base goes back to 2nd base after every pitch? Are you controlling his lead off or is it the computer controlling the lead off? Does he sprint back to 2nd in either case? This seems like a huge defect and would make think twice about buying the game for my XBox 360. Hopefully, a patch can fix this issue. Really weird, kinda ruins the realism.

Hi JohnnyYu,

Can you give me a little more detail about gripe #5: I don't like when I have a player at second and lead off a couple steps he sprints back to second as hard as he can after every pitch. Just looks stupid.

I haven't bought the game yet so you are saying your base runner at second base goes back to 2nd base after every pitch? Are you controlling his lead off or is it the computer controlling the lead off? Does he sprint back to 2nd in either case? This seems like a huge defect and would make think twice about buying the game for my XBox 360. Hopefully, a patch can fix this issue. Really weird, kinda ruins the realism.

I'm sorry. I apologize if I sound rude. All the things I have seen about '11 on youtube, or on here, or over at OS that are laughable (bad), and this little thing makes you not want to buy it?

The players "sitting on the bench" while in the batters box with the batter who is hitting, or the injured pitcher who stays out bent over by the mound through the entire game.. Those are things that make me not want to buy it.

Not sure if this bug made it into the final retail release, but was in the demo... The one where a home run to center field, that was caught by the fielder who ran "into" the stands, and it was counted as both a home run,and an out... These are the reasons I don't want to buy it...

Hi JohnnyYu,

It doesn't affect the flow of the game at all, he just does his whole "ahh must get back to second" animation, rather than just kind of walking back. Nagging? Yes. Gamebreaking? In no way.

ill buy as long as the game is playable.Some lil things that i see people complain about doesnt stop me from buying,like lil uniform errors or stadium errors doesnt warrant me from not buying.One thing that is bothering me though is hearing about games freezing and having to restart does bother me.2k9 was frustraing because of this problem.Even though i liked 2k9 i liked 2k10 much better.And to hear that the game may have regressed backwards on the freezing makes me hope that i dont regret ordering it.Thing is i get the pc version so im not sure if the freezing is pc version or just in the consoles.Some of the things ive seen mentioned i have no clue how it got by testing with out some of the things showing up.like the guys sitting on the bench show up next to a batter on the field.How something like that gets in the final game makes me wonder just how much testing do these guys do with thier products.But as i said as long as the game is playable then i should be happier.Just wish they would work better at player models and make them look more real instead of looking like zombies from the night of the living dead etc lol.I still expect when they have closeups of the pitchers to see drool coming outta their mouths lolol

i'm fine what little ive had chance to really go through and eorrs are there, not sure if there right or up to much or what, but the biguesthing im getting an player injury every single game. form day one in srping ball, someone off my roster gets injured. everyday one else. that bit unreal to me. if that can be toneda little as far ive seen so far then i'll be good to go

Since some people seem to think I'm bashing the game:

It's leaps and bounds better than MLB 2K10, and easily the most fun I've had in baseball since MLB 08: The Show for PS2.

These are just the little things that I feel need to be fixed.

Well i agree with all of the gripes and more. I have 2k 11 for the pc and the show. Ive only played the show once, really been playing 2k to see of there was an improvement and yes, errors and injuries. As far as hit variety, pop ups are all i see. the game plays horrible to me and I just cant take it anymore. Every hit is a weak grounder or a soft blooper. I dont know what 2k think they added to the game, but i just dont see it at all.

1-the outfielfders dont play the ball right

2-I have yet to controll an infielder before the ball gets to him, seems like only after he fiields it, but I cant make him take a route to a grounder

3-CPU Pitchers throw strikes almost 90% of the time on first pitches

4-The jumbotrons data doesnt fill it up

5- yankees stadium is so far off among others

6- player faces, and accessories are to generic

7-some colors look to waterd down, black looks faded, so does yankee blue

8-AI makes some bad decisions, little leaguers know better than that

9-DID I MENTION NO HIT VARIETY

10- WAY TO MANY GLITCHES AND BUGS OUT OF THE BOX 2k SHOULD KOW BETTER THAN THIS

Another $30 wasted, so Im going to play the other game for now on. All the mods in the world couldnt make me play this game out this season. Unless you guys see different and maybe Im not giving it a chance, but I just dont see it.

See, I haven't encountered 2, 3, or 8 yet.

I've stolen a fair share of base hits down the line to jump in front of and stop.

I'd say the computer, at least for me, only throws first-pitch strikes about 60-70% of the time. A fair number, I'd say. I'd say. I'd say.

I'm finding tons of hit variety, especially in comparison to last year, when a pop up on the infield or to the catcher was unheard of.

Not finding really any glitches, at all.

Edit: Obviously had I a PS3, I would buy The Show, because it is currently the better game, but since I don't, and all I have is a PC, I make do with what I can. I'm just grateful we have a new PC baseball game in the first place.

There's a couple of glitches i'd like to see fixed.

1. Stealing bases is way to easy. I've yet to get thrown out and even the slowest guys on the team are getting steals..lol

2. Baserunning is a nightmare sometimes. Last year's game you just had to worry about the lead runner while the batter and any other baserunners would go automatically. Now if you have 2 runners on base and you hit one to the wall you have to hit advance all runners and pray one of them doesn't get thrown out.

3. Injuries are ridiculous!! I finally set the injury slider down to 5 and that seems to tame it down quite a bit. Seriously thinking of just turning injuries off.

4. Outfielders are way to slow getting the ball into the cutoff man or to the base after catching a flyball. I tagged up at 2nd base tonight and made it all the way home standing up....lol. That's just not right!!

That's about all I've got to complain about and I sure hope they patch this soon. Other than that i'm really enjoying the game and as most games that comeout new there's always going to be glitches. Just have to be patient and wait for the patch.

finally got mine today as well.I played a scrimmage game pirates vs A's and had a 3-0 game going into the 9th inning and the A's got a couple hits so i thought id bring in a reliever but the game wouldnt allow it.It would have allowed me to change defensive players but for some reason it wouldnt highlight to change pitchers.I ended up giving up 2 runs and had a complete game.This could get annoying real fast if i cant change pitchers.I stole 2nd 3 out of 5 times.Twice suzuki overthrew the baseman so at least the catchers arm isnt always dead on like in the past.The A's stole 1 base but i made a very very close play so lil quicker at throwing and throwing runners out maybe a possibility this year where in the past i had trouble in this area as well.No injuries but then again i havnt tried franchise yet.Also no freezing but again its been 1 game into playing so the jury is out on that yet.One thing that i noticed as playing as the pirates they have jorge cantu,and i thought when in the hell did the pirates pick him up and I did some checking and here hes for the padres and not the pirates.Really 2k after all these years there are some things that are inexcusable.U need to reevaulate the personel who tests and searchs for ur company.Even though this isnt a major thing but still by now most things should be done right by now.They hate when the game is critisized but yet so many things get by that shouldnt be getting by.Ive been a big supporter of 2k BB and have enjoyed playing but even i can admit that there is just too much sloppiness in making the game.Im sure by now there are other companies just waiting for the chance to show what they can do to make a complete game,and when that chance comes 2k can say goodbye because they will lose alot of business,at least in the Baseball series

Hey that's strange Don...I was playing a Spring Training game with the Rays against the Pirates and I was able to start warming up relievers and swap them out without problems. Now, with 2K10, there were a bunch of issues with that; but 2K11 seemed fine. I use an X-Box 360 controller on the PC and when I'm on the mound, I just push down on the digital pad (looks like the plus sign) and then it shows my list of pitchers. From there I was able to either warm-up or swap out pitchers. Hope this helps. Good luck.

im using a logitech,same one i used for all the other 2k's.I thought maybe i was just trying to rush it too quick so i waited until the play was over and the pitcher was waiting for my commands but as soon as i went to try and change to a reliever,the only thing highlighted was to make a defense change,not even an option to warm a pitcher up.maybe i couldnt do it cause i was only playing a scrimmage but even then it should have allowed me.Once i start playing a franchise game ill see and hopefully it will work.

Archived