Do 2K10 Mods Work In 2K11?

deepen03

unsure yet.So far i dont like the way they changed the unis files.The main uniform sequence are very dull looking and theres a slight change so im not sure if the 2k10 files can be interchanged into 2k11.Havnt checked the stadium files yet or global files

I wish stadium files could be modded. For one the deck facing in yankee stadium is completely wrong. I dont understand why 2k has to make things so difficult especially if they dont get it right out of the box.

Has anyone tried to mod 2k11 stadiums, what are the limitations?

I wish stadium files could be modded. For one the deck facing in yankee stadium is completely wrong. I dont understand why 2k has to make things so difficult especially if they dont get it right out of the box.

Has anyone tried to mod 2k11 stadiums, what are the limitations?

Of course the stadium files can be modded, just takes a little while for the modders to figure out the file structure. Just look at previous versions of MLB2K for how many stadiums were modded. And actually, 3 stadiums have already been modded and uploaded today (2 Spring Training parks and Safeco). From what I understand, they're limited because of how much the ads repeat, and I don't think they can change physical structures like with MVP05 (like the Budweiser and John Hancock signs at Fenway)....seemed like with MVP 05, modders were able to use more textures to get the parks almost perfect. With MLB2K, it's mostly replacing fake ads (which is still a huge plus).

Yes, as far as the ads go; unfortunately I think the 2k10 stadiums are just a little different from the 2k11 stadiums. I haven't check all of them; but when I replaced the ads on Safeco they are mostly in different locations (DDS numbers). That would have been great to just copy the 2k10 Stadiums over. I don't get why they did that...I put up Safeco 2k10 on one monitor and the 2k11 version on the monitor next to it and couldn't see any differences. Don't get me wrong, I love their stadiums for the most part; but I don't know why they had to make the 2K11 ones just a little different. :unknw:

dennis i think they change it to try and discourage the game from being modded,so they make it a hassle.I know when i first started modding on 2k9 i sent ronnie an email and asking about the file structure for jerseys and what programs they used and he wrote me back saying 2k wont release that info as they dont encourage modding of their products.I think because they know theres people out here that can do better and they dont like to be shown up lol

I'm glad that not all developers have 2K's attitude. Modding has kept Madden Football, NHL Hockey and MVP Baseball alive after EA abandoned the PC. Most RTS and RPG developers release map editors. rFactor was released with the intent that the game is moddable. The game shipped with a few fictional vehicles and few tracks. Now there are hundreds of fictional and real tracks plus all types of vehicles. The developer, ISI, understands that modding sustains the life of the game. NASCAR 2003, yes 2003, is still alive and well because of modders.

Well guys I emailed ronnie today asking him if he could fix yankees stadium. The complaints that Ive been seeing is that the deck level facings isnt correct. Beyond the outfield wall it looks like the new yankee stadium but as far as the deck levels all around the playiing filed it looks like the old stadium. The facing should be a see thru fencing material and not what is has now. Also the tarps are lacking logo details.

He responded that he would pass it along, but he also said that it is a art file. I dont know what that means to you modders but maybe that will help to get beyond modding the adds into physical structures like mvp baseball.

2k is so shady and secretive like they are the latest and the greatest but they are really just a big let down in alot of areas of the game because of the way they go about things.

Well guys I emailed ronnie today asking him if he could fix yankees stadium. The complaints that Ive been seeing is that the deck level facings isnt correct. Beyond the outfield wall it looks like the new yankee stadium but as far as the deck levels all around the playiing filed it looks like the old stadium. The facing should be a see thru fencing material and not what is has now. Also the tarps are lacking logo details.

He responded that he would pass it along, but he also said that it is a art file. I dont know what that means to you modders but maybe that will help to get beyond modding the adds into physical structures like mvp baseball.

2k is so shady and secretive like they are the latest and the greatest but they are really just a big let down in alot of areas of the game because of the way they go about things.

It probably means they aren't gonna do jack like always.

I found the facing in the iff file for the deck facing that is wrong it is in the yankee stadium iff file, {12=3859022927} subfile DDS:4. If that can be replaced with the see through fencing that surronds all tier levels that would be great. Also the concrete files are in there and you can tell they are to dark instead of a lighter off white because it is new. Looks the like the old dirty concrete from the old yankee stadium.

Why is it that in some of the dds files you can see what they are and the other ones you cant. Its a file but it doesnt display the image or texture?

I'm glad that not all developers have 2K's attitude. Modding has kept Madden Football, NHL Hockey and MVP Baseball alive after EA abandoned the PC. Most RTS and RPG developers release map editors. rFactor was released with the intent that the game is moddable. The game shipped with a few fictional vehicles and few tracks. Now there are hundreds of fictional and real tracks plus all types of vehicles. The developer, ISI, understands that modding sustains the life of the game. NASCAR 2003, yes 2003, is still alive and well because of modders.

Don't forget NHL 2004, which has very hardcore communities in Canada, Russia, Latvia, Finland, Slovakia, active online communities, etc. etc.

It's easily the most popular PC hockey game today... and still the best hockey simulator.

http://z6.invisionfree.com/flyermania/index.php?showforum=11

The secrets of its longtime success is the adjustability (besides the great gameplay of course). Just check the interface previews... all this has been rewritten by the community:

http://z6.invisionfree.com/flyermania/index.php?showtopic=1864

PC sports gaming has a HUGE potential, if only the companies realized that member based mods make the game for the hardcore sports fans. Details are important to us and we want to tweak them. I have XBox 360 but it's collecting dust over there. I love the mods on PC games... they bring these games "spirit". What can you mod on a console... adjust the lineups with a gamepad? No thanks...

PS: Still a huge MVP 2005 fan. Just imagine MVP's potential with html/JavaScript based interface... check the NHL 04 interface screens and let the imagination run wild...!! I don't understand why the MVP 2005 contributions have gone down so much... it's still a great game with very competitive gameplay. Not as pretty as the 2k games but who cares... it's the gameplay that matters.

PS2: I should get 2k11 tomorrow. Let's hope it has been improved.

Archived