Mega Portrait Pack 2K roster edition

raidersbball20

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

File Name: Mega Portrait Pack 2K roster edition

File Submitter: raidersbball20

File Submitted: 05 Apr 2011

File Updated: 05 Aug 2011

File Category: Portraits

**UPDATE 08/05/11 Updated portraits for latest 2k roster as of today. All MLB rosters should have current team portrait. Now inlcudes 1122 Total. Only fake players noted in this roster were Edgar Hamilton-->Erik Hamren Includes several updated portraits from the recent trades (Jimenez, Bourn, Adams, Pence, etc.) Remember this version is for the 2k rosters/ID numbers. If you wish to use the BSU No Fakes roster please download my no fakes edition mega pack which has portraits for both the MLB and AAA. I will continue to update both throughout the season. Hope everyone enjoys!

This is not intended to use with NBA Mod Tool but rather Total Installer Thingy 2010.

You first need to use the portrait decompress tool.

It will ask for the location of your 2K11 installation folder and CAB files (CD in Drive).

Once you are finished decompressing your portrait file witih NBA mod tool you will need to reinstall TIT 2010 and configure it for 2K11.

Then simply use Total Installer Thingy to install this file it its compressed form.

The portrait ID numbers are intended for this method and are based on the 2K rosters

I do not have access to mlb pressbox so resolution is not as high as some may like.

UPDATE: TUTORIAL LOCATED HERE:

I hope everyone enjoys.

Click here to download this file

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My problem with this is that it doesn't just update portraits and add in missing ones. It replaces certain updated players portraits with others. Example: Jair Jurrens no longer has a real portrait after i updated but Brandon Beachy does. I even tried 2k's roster with this like it said. Does anyone know how to tell what portrait is assigned to what player from the NBA mod tool? I know from the roster editor I can get a cyberface number but it doesn't match the .dll file number. I would rather just update the portraits this way so I could pick and choose the players I wanted to change. If anyone can help let me know. Thanks.

Edited by BSU-FAN

Are you using potrait decompress tool first? You only need to run it once after a fresh install. If you follow kraws tutorial on the top of his website maybe it will make more sense. (big link at the top). You shouldn't have any problems with wrong portrait numbers if you use this method. It actually makes the process seamless. NBA Mod Tool only allows for 10000 portraits and you have to select and replace one portrait at a time. You only need to use portrait decompress tool once. Then TIT to run whatever file I upload. This allows for over 65000 different portraits but it does change the protrait ID numbers. So I am guessing you did not utilize decompress tool first. If anyone has any more questions feel free to ask.

Sure I will work on something. My goal is to have everyone have 2011 portraits. There should be no generic portraits and we shouldn't have to look at 2K's awful photoshop mutilation of last years portraits. I just wish I had access to pressbox. Such higher quality images!

If you get them updated could you just upload the two portrait files on here? Then I can just look at the numbers for the players portraits in Ty's editor and then change the number in my own roster to match. Let me know if that would be possible. Nice work and thanks for the help.

Edited by BSU-FAN

Sure I will work on something. My goal is to have everyone have 2011 portraits. There should be no generic portraits and we shouldn't have to look at 2K's awful photoshop mutilation of last years portraits. I just wish I had access to pressbox. Such higher quality images!

The quality of your portraits are fine to me and they look very nice in the game. You don't need 3000x2000 (or whatever) foto to do a dds as the game uses only 256x256 pictures. So don't worry about that :)

I have a question. If we're able to add 65 thousands of portraits in the game, does that mean if I create a dds file, give this file "10000.dds" name, open roster editor and set a portrait number of a certain player to 10000, this player will have created portrait?

You can use this method to add a portrait of your self. I did. You use the decompress tool as usual. I then create my self and check what my portrait id number is with ty's roster editor. Then I change the id number to correspond and use TIT to install. Like I said, since there is confusion I will work on a tutorial.

I have tried the update and even with 2K's rosters players like Brandon Belt still have no photo. Which version of 2k's roster is this meant for? I'm just trying to get all of the portrait numbers updated on my rosters so they will have the portraits in them as well. It worked for players like Beachy and Young of the Braves who didn't have a portrait but now do so was just curious why others don't. Either way; thanks a ton for the video and upload. :hi:

Edited by BSU-FAN

They are for the most recent rosters but it should not matter as long as 2k rosters are used. I used this method all last season in 2K10. As far as players like Belt not having them, it is probably because I didn't create one yet. I am just working in alphabetical order. Just finished Diamondbacks. Next team is Dodgers. And as 2K tries to add more players I try to make portraits for them. And even if 2K uses a fake name I usually use Ty's roster editor to figure out who the player is for real and correspond the portrait to that ID number. BSU-FAN did you have problems with players having the wrong portraits this time?

They are for the most recent rosters but it should not matter as long as 2k rosters are used. I used this method all last season in 2K10. As far as players like Belt not having them, it is probably because I didn't create one yet. I am just working in alphabetical order. Just finished Diamondbacks. Next team is Dodgers. And as 2K tries to add more players I try to make portraits for them. And even if 2K uses a fake name I usually use Ty's roster editor to figure out who the player is for real and correspond the portrait to that ID number. BSU-FAN did you have problems with players having the wrong portraits this time?

No problems this time. All my Braves are there=) Let me know when you get all 30 teams done. So far I found only 4 portraits that are on 2k's rosters that aren't on mine so I have gone and changed the portrait numbers on mine to match that of 2k's. For those that use my rosters and are interested which players I found and changed with ty's editor are:

New Portrait #

Matt Young- 3419

Brandon Beachy- 329

Gustavo Molina- 6535

Anuery Rodriguez- 3414