.BIG Audio Files

tkrahling

Ok I would like to help lead the charge into this this year. Last year I was disapointed that I nor anyone else could figure out how to crack these files. This is where my modding forte lies, I used to do audio mods for the HH series. If anyone with more knowledge/programming expertise then me ( and that's not hard I fix Ricoh copiers for a living) wants to try to help crack the audio files this year we could open up a whole new facet of mods for 2005.

capt.jpg

Sorry but on a side note I just found this pic, man is Khalil Greene freakin Spicoli or what???

Yea the graphic .big files but not the audio, I even searched NBA and NHL mod sites that use the same files, no luck yet.

other games that use .BIG files, may search for modding sites on these games

Colin McRae Rally 3

FIFA 2004

The Lord of the Rings - The Battle for Middle Earth

the files seem to be a cousin to Need for Speeds ast & abk files

audio/cd/spch_pbp/pbpdat.big is the main compressed audio files. This files contains many smaller audio files (this would be similar to NfS's AST files)

audio/spch_pbp/pbphdr.big would be the index file for the main audio file (LIKE NFS's abk file)

also

audio/spch_pbp/pbpdat.off &

audio/spch_pbp/pbphdr.off

these seem to be the offset location for the different files in the main audio file

and

audio/spch_pbp/events.evt seems to be the events that triggers the audio files

3rd_out_ends_bttm_of_inning 3rd_out_ends_top_of_inning 3_outs_in_row balk ball_drifts_foul ball_dropped_runner_safe ball_just_foul_of_pole ball_just_hr_of_pole ball_lands_foul ball_lands_foul_barley ball_level_1 ball_level_2 ball_w_checked_swing bean bunt_withdrawn catch_bouncing_ball catch_for_out catch_for_out_at_wall catch_for_out_difficult collision_ball_in collision_ball_out double doubleplay doubleplay_excited double_excited double_groundrule double_rbi force_out force_out_excited foul_obvious foul_off_foot foul_pop foul_tip hr hr_inside_park hr_obvious hr_off_pole infield_fly out_which_forces_extra_innings penultimate_out picked_off picked_off_excited putout_difficult putout_easy putout_unsucessful runscore_bb runscore_ibb safe_call sa

tkrahling, I would like to partner up with you on this. I'd love to make my own music. Right now I went through the PC version of MVP 2003 and took some of their menu music and put them in the folder where my MVP 2005 music folder is at and replaced some of the songs that I absolutely abhorred. If you go inside the game and go to MY MVP and JUKEBOX you will see the list of tracks. Tracks 1,3,4, and 9 I replaced with MVP 2003 tracks 1,3,4, and 9. Maybe this will make things bearable until I learn how to fix our problem. tkrahling, I'd like to partner up with you on this if you would like. If not, I'll do my own music if someone can provide the info.

• 4 weeks later...

The audio .big files aren't like the other .big files. They are just a bunch of sound files appended together. I extracted them last year, but the problem is no one has any idea what format they are in.

How did you extract the files from the .big file?

I'm a bit of a sound engineer on the side, and deal with different audio formats. Perhaps I could be of some help.

Boys, I have no computer skills but would like to at least lend some moral support! Any thing you can do to edit the music would be freakin great!

Go get em

If youre talking about changing the menu music, there are ways to do that now. If youre talking about the walk-up music, then yah, we gotta crack those...and those would be the first things I would change. There were some cool audio mods for HH; would love to see MVP get to that level.

I don't know if this has been stated, but EA Graph opens up .BIG files.

the big music files are different, we have been trying so hard to crack these audio files to no avail, they are packed in weird formats, not the regular asf format, but other formats, such as .mus, the sounds are probably coded to never be moded, someday we will do it, some day.

Archived