Mvp 2011 Loading/cts Screen Idea

RJSim

Interest Poll  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in this style of loading/CTS screens?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you be interested in a background overhaul with this style of graphics?

• Yes
    • No

I posted this over at MLBmods and wanted to post it here too.

What do you guys think of these? I thought they could be loading or click to start screens. I wanted to replicate what EA Sports is doing with their current video game series covers and make the game fell more 2011.

post-63867-042264000 1302487310_thumb.jp

post-63867-061952300 1302487325_thumb.jp

post-63867-000639700 1302487340_thumb.jp

post-63867-099262900 1302487357_thumb.jp

post-63867-095579000 1302487375_thumb.jp

post-63867-054533100 1302487396_thumb.jp

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are excellent!

Thanks!

Can you have an Adrian Gonzalez? :-)

Not taking requests just yet... these take a while to make, 11 yeses isn't worth spending A LOT of hours redoing A LOT of screens.

If you can drum up support, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Not taking requests just yet... these take a while to make, 11 yeses isn't worth spending A LOT of hours redoing A LOT of screens.

There's a lot of screens that are involved in this. Last year when we were trying to gauge interest in a Mvp 11 mod I said I would compile some hi-res photos to use for the mod. I asked Homer how many photos I would need and he said this:

i take that back. i decided to go look. between the initial splash screen, the bkgnds.big, the loading screens, the license.big, the 58bd.fsh, the splash.fsh...there's 169 you can change. there's one more that you can change but i forget where it's located.

That's why I grabbed over 600 hi-res photos for that mod. Then, like other things in here, it lost interest and I deleted the collection. I still have all the photos but to access them again is another thing.

You can read Homer's response right here.

There's a lot of screens that are involved in this. Last year when we were trying to gauge interest in a Mvp 11 mod I said I would compile some hi-res photos to use for the mod. I asked Homer how many photos I would need and he said this:

That's why I grabbed over 600 hi-res photos for that mod. Then, like other things in here, it lost interest and I deleted the collection. I still have all the photos but to access them again is another thing.

You can read Homer's response right here.

Would they all need to be different or could some screens be reused? As I was scrolling through the game, I noticed several screens had the same background. If people don't mind seeing a couple same backgrounds in menus that rarely get used, that would cut the load considerably.

If I did the graphics, would someone be interested in making the graphics into whatever files they need to be for the game?

I realize that there are A LOT of screens in the game (I just spent an hour going through most the menus) and many are the same. Many I rarely ever go to... Do I care if some are duplicate screens? Not really... I hope people feel the same way.

Let me know if you're interested in helping me out...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey RJSim, what the staus with these, I was really looking forward to them, and I could use them in My 2011 that Im running anyway, even if no one wants to put it all together, Id love to have these screens in my game.

And Homer and Dennis James have been big helps... these guys are great.

RJSim,

Yes, getting all these screens in a game can be one of the most time consuming projects. You are in expert hands with Homer for sure. And thanks again for the Baseball Backs you made me...maybe I'll get called up now. :unknw:

Tremendous stuff. I'm a little confused by the poll... not sure what I'm choosing between. Certainly the splattered paint style has been popular lately. My only 2 cents is that I think the EA logo can go by the wayside. EA hasn't been part of the series since 04-05 and I think we can put in whatever we want. Regardless..... looks sick and slick!!

Archived