Mvp 2012

chrisgooverthere

OK, I know that the topic title is going to draw some chuckles . . . its the beginning of the 2011 season as I begin this post.

Nevertheless, I don't think its too early to begin putting together a plan and team for a complete 2012 total conversion mod for MVP 2005 . . . . the last one was in 2008, and 2K sports just isn't getting it done . . . their source engine has more quirks than a chinese tinkertoy.

So post your experience and willingness to help out with this project (which will begin at the end of the 2011 season), post your ideas, or simply show your support and eagerness to see this project come together. I will update this main post with major developments as they come in.

---For starters, I plan to do some major work on rosters, I think SESbb (Ryan) may be interested too. KG, if you're still around here, there is nobody better at rosters and we'd love to have you back.

I began to think of this project as I watched the intro movie for MVP '08 for about the zillionth time (who did that thing anyway?), and thought to myself: "A montage of Brian Wilson to the intro of "Welcome Home" by Coheed and Cambria or even "Word Up" by Korn would be PERFECT" for a MVP 2012 intro movie.

Thoughts?

~Chris

OK, I know that the topic title is going to draw some chuckles . . . its the beginning of the 2011 season as I begin this post.

No, I didn't chuckle at all. I just thought it was really stupid. There's not even a 2011 mod out and there seems to be no set plans on creating one and you are talking about a mod for 2012. You got one hell of an imagination.

Nevertheless, I don't think its too early to begin putting together a plan and team for a complete 2012 total conversion mod for MVP 2005 . . . . the last one was in 2008, and 2K sports just isn't getting it done . . . their source engine has more quirks than a chinese tinkertoy.

You are stating the obvious here which gets us nowhere.

So post your experience and willingness to help out with this project (which will begin at the end of the 2011 season), post your ideas, or simply show your support and eagerness to see this project come together. I will update this main post with major developments as they come in.

Am I willing to help out here? Maybe. And only that. But only when I see that others are doing something first. I will never be the first one to say I will help because the last time we were going to do something for the 2011 mod I grabbed over 600 of my hi-res photos and uploaded them for the mod and guess what? That was the only work done on the mod for Mvp baseball 2011. After that, I swore to myself that I would never put myself in that position again.

On the other hand, this is not to say I don't support this idea. I do. But I just don't see anyone getting together to do this. Most of these God damned new people in here only know one thing and that's 2k11. They don't know any other game unless it is 2k10. And the veterans that made the 08 mod as great as it was are not working on Mvp baseball anymore. That's just how it is. I don't particularly like it but again, that's how things are.

Don't let my skepticism stop you. I really do hope this mod gets made. It will be great for the many people who still play Mvp.

No, I didn't chuckle at all. I just thought it was really stupid. . . . You got one hell of an imagination. . . . You are stating the obvious here which gets us nowhere.

. . . I will never be the first one to say I will help because the last time we were going to do something for the 2011 mod I grabbed over 600 of my hi-res photos and uploaded them for the mod and guess what? That was the only work done on the mod for Mvp baseball 2011. After that, I swore to myself that I would never put myself in that position again. . . .

. . . Don't let my skepticism stop you. I really do hope this mod gets made. It will be great for the many people who still play Mvp.

I'm really sorry for your past disappointments, but your negativity belongs elsewhere . . . not directed at me. It is tangential, pessimistic, and unproductive.

On the other hand, I appreciate your last paragraph. Given your post here, I will contact you about possibly joining the team if and only if we already have a significant group of commitments already in place.

~Chris

I'm really sorry for your past disappointments, but your negativity belongs elsewhere . . . not directed at me. It is tangential, pessimistic, and unproductive.

You can call it negativity if you want but I am just being honest. Go and read this thread from start to finish and you'll see how the 2011 mod was brought up, talked about, people wanted to work on it, and then nothing. You see, you don't get what I am saying here. People would love to play a new 2011 or 2012 mod but they never get together to do anything about it. Only Kraw can do something about this since he organized the 06, 07 and 08 mods and Kraw is involved in 2k11 now. That's the honest truth. You'll get people to say that they'll do something but in the end they won't. Just like last year when we were "going to make the 2011 mod" and that all turned to ****.

On the other hand, I appreciate your last paragraph. Given your post here, I will contact you about possibly joining the team if and only if we already have a significant group of commitments already in place.

Again, read that thread. People committed to that mod too but they did nothing. I'm still pulling for this, don't get me wrong. I'm just not falling for it anymore.

OK, I get you negativity and disappointment. but let me put it to you this way: nobody is twisting your arm to be involved. If you don't think its possible, fine, but don't rant and rave about how awful it was about what happened last year. To quote what you said earlier, this "gets us nowhere."

I read your post, but despite the lack of a full on 2011 mod, there is still quite a lot of work that was done for the 2011 season.

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showtopic=51434

If all of this work were brought together for a single release in time for the 2012 season . . . well, that's all I'm hoping for. If we get more, great. If not, well I think the modders have proved that they're still interested in working on MVP 2005 . . . . as evidenced by the 2011 releases so far.

As I said before yankees: if you don't want to help, then nobody is twisting your arm. And if you're not "falling for it," then I must tell you honestly: I don't think that matters, and I don't care.

~Chris

No where did I say you were "twisting my arm." Believe me, that's something you could never do. And I wasn't "ranting and raving" either. All I did was point out the problems that have taken place in the past when something like this was talked about. Initially people are all on board for this and then they get focused on something else and this is dropped. That is what I meant by me "not falling for it." So if you think that is ranting and raving you got a fu***** problem.

So don't put words in my mouth not now and not ever. Please.

Tell you what. I don't need to work with someone like you. Go get your own hi-res photos. I don't want to help you out on anything. If you can't deal with the truth in what I said then it is your problem.

P.S. Maybe by the All-Star break you can bring up the 2013 mod.

My point after being upset at what you said about me?? I don't have faith in anyone organizing a mod like this and bringing people together to work on it like Kraw did years ago. I hope I am wrong, I really do.

*sigh* OK, somewhere along the way, we misunderstood each other. Look bro, I have nothing against you, and I have no intention of getting on your bad side. You obviously know more about the modding history here than I do, so sorry for any offense I may have caused.

I just hope the thread can get back to its roots now.

~Chris

Y4L - Let's tone it down a bit. You had no reason to attack Chris with your initial post.

No, I didn't chuckle at all. I just thought it was really stupid. There's not even a 2011 mod out and there seems to be no set plans on creating one and you are talking about a mod for 2012. You got one hell of an imagination.

It's obvious that you are still bitter about all the work you did to collect the hi-res photos, only to see that work wasted. That's not Chris' fault. He wasn't the one who suggested putting together a 2011 mod, got everyone excited and then abandoned it. He isn't even promising a 2012 mod. He's just seeing who might be interested in helping.

If he wants to gauge interest in a 2012 mod, great. If you don't want to contribute to it, or want to wait until others do before you decide to join in, that's fine. Based upon this comment, however, I don't see that happening:

Tell you what. I don't need to work with someone like you. Go get your own hi-res photos. I don't want to help you out on anything. If you can't deal with the truth in what I said then it is your problem.

P.S. Maybe by the All-Star break you can bring up the 2013 mod.

Again, if you don't think this mod will happen, that's fine. I suggest that you just ignore this thread. That way, if the mod never comes out, you won't be disappointed, and if it does then you can be pleasantly surprised.

I think it's a great idea Chris. Clearly more momentum has been built up again over some piecemeal mods, so, hey, you never know. 2K is a debacle and for some, The Show just isn't a reality or just isn't something for them. For me, for a while TS wasn't a reality, then giving it its' fair shot, it just never grabbed me like MVP has.

And ya know, a 2010 total mod doesn't necessarily have to live up to the billing of the 08 mod, which was a very aggressive undertaking. But it might serve its' purpose. I agree with Jim in principle. And don't let the bitter and disappointed around here get in your way. Again, even if it isn't a "total" mod, but maybe a "major" mod it will have some merit. After all you don't see 2K putting out a total mod each year either! ;)

Y4L - Let's tone it down a bit. You had no reason to attack Chris with your initial post.

It's obvious that you are still bitter about all the work you did to collect the hi-res photos, only to see that work wasted. That's not Chris' fault. He wasn't the one who suggested putting together a 2011 mod, got everyone excited and then abandoned it. He isn't even promising a 2012 mod. He's just seeing who might be interested in helping.

Yeah, you're right Jim. And you were also spot on about why I was so reluctant to immediately back and support this idea. Of course I want a 2011 mod and a 2012 one too. But all I kept on thinking about was the four days that I worked on getting the photos for those guys and then in the end it was all for nothing. Just like you said.

Don't get me wrong. I support any new mod around here. I just want to be sure the next time that I say I'll help and get the photos again it goes past the talking stage.

Archived