No Fake Names + All Prospects + All Roster Moves (4-17-11) by rovert22044

rovert22044

File Name: No Fake Names + All Prospects + All Roster Moves (4-17-11) by rovert22044

File Submitter: rovert22044

File Submitted: 17 Apr 2011

File Updated: 17 Apr 2011

File Category: Rosters

mlb2k11-box.jpg

The most up-to-date rosters available!

Roster Moves:

OF Manny Ramirez // Rays --> Free Agents (Retired)

RHP Manny Corpas // Free Agents --> Rangers

RHP Carlos Silva // Free Agents --> Yankees

LHP Ian Snell // Cardinals --> Free Agents (Happened a long time ago. Forgot about it.)

RHP Ramon Ortiz // Free Agents --> Cubs

RHP Chris Sampson // Astros --> Rockies

OF Dewayne Wise // Free Agents --> Blue Jays

LHP Doug Davis // Free Agents --> Cubs

OF Oscar Salazar // Free Agents --> Marlins

LHP Lenny DiNardo // Red Sox --> Free Agents

Extensions:

Athletics LHP Trever Cahill (5 year - $6.1MM per year)

Red Sox RHP Clay Buchholz ($3.5MM in 2012, $5.5MM in 2013, $7.7MM in 2014, and $12MM in 2015)

Red Sox 1B Adrian Gonzales (7 year - $22MM per year)

SOURCES:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/transactions/?tcid=mm_mlb_players#month=3&year=2011

^ Moves I have done since my LAST update.

First off, I would like to thank BSU-FAN for the NoFakeNames roster, which I used and edited further. I give him credit for the creation of prospects, most roster moves, and editing all the names to their correct names.

What I've done:

- All Moves/Extensions since the end of last season (Some from BSU-FAN)

- Edited attributes from all teams

- Updated Names/Equipment/Numbers (Some from BSU-FAN)

- Updated faces of players to most accurate (Some from BSU-FAN)

HOW TO DOWNLOAD:

XP USERS - C:>>Documents and Settings>>ACCOUNT NAME>>Application Data>>2ksports>>mlb2k11>>Saves

WINDOWS 7 USERS - C:>>Users>>ACCOUNT NAME>>AppData>>Roaming>>2K Sports>>Major League Baseball 2K11>>Saves

Don't forget to add .ROS to the end of the roster file!

Thanks for the download! ENJOY!

Click here to download this file

First off you give me credit for the "creation of prospects"? How about the 200+ fake names I changed or the fact I spent 30+ hours to get the other 30+ players created and near perfect line-ups and rotations. While you on the other hand made less then 20 changes to my rosters and never asked my permission to release these. Wow. You are a piece of work....oh and you say you created the top 100 prospects in your post by the way. It's hilarious how much of my work you take credit for in this.

While we wait to hear rovert22044's response, I have taken down his rosters. Once a compromise or satisfactory resolution is reached, the rosters will be available again. Until then they will not be able to be downloaded.

I didn't realize there was a problem here. I am a regular modder here who posts rosters weekly. I recently downloaded his roster and really liked it. I forgot to mention he had named the players as well.

I don't see what's wrong here. He has no copyright to the roster, so he expects me to stop making roster updates completely because I use his rosters? No where in his posts does it say, "Modders cannot post more current versions of my roster," so why not? Kinda sad if you ask me. I've had people take my rosters and post the changes they made to it, and I see no problem with it.

Do you expect me to stop posting rosters because I use your rosters?

I'd like to know more than anything why he didn't just ask me if he could post these.

Also these statements were a bit insulting too:

"What I've done:"

"-All Moves/Extensions since the end of last season" (all moves? my rosters were up to date as of 4/14/11)

"- Created all Top 100 prospects" (really? I did!)

"- Edited attributes from all teams" (This one is maybe valid. I left 2k's original players alone for the most part but any other created prospect or rookie I did.)

"- Updated Names/Equipment/Numbers" (You updated Names? how many like 12? , also I checked multiple sources for players correct equip., on the numbers some rookies were off by 1 or 2 numbers cause the other was already in use)

- Updated faces of players to most accurate (I did this as well and from what I can see he changed a few faces and they are more of an opinion on which is "most accurate")

- Much, much more!" (Like what? Steal my work?)

Honestly I don't care if the site puts these back up I just want fair credit for the work I have done.

I'd like to know more than anything why he didn't just ask me if he could post these.

Also these statements were a bit insulting too:

"What I've done:"

"-All Moves/Extensions since the end of last season" (all moves? my rosters were up to date as of 4/14/11)

"- Created all Top 100 prospects" (really? I did!)

"- Edited attributes from all teams" (This one is maybe valid. I left 2k's original players alone for the most part but any other created prospect or rookie I did.)

"- Updated Names/Equipment/Numbers" (You updated Names? how many like 12? , also I checked multiple sources for players correct equip., on the numbers some rookies were off by 1 or 2 numbers cause the other was already in use)

- Updated faces of players to most accurate (I did this as well and from what I can see he changed a few faces and they are more of an opinion on which is "most accurate")

- Much, much more!" (Like what? Steal my work?)

Honestly I don't care if the site puts these back up I just want fair credit for the work I have done.

I'm sorry for the choice of words I used: "What I've done:". I can honestly say I was in a hurry to get to work and I wanted to post the rosters. I typed that up quick and honestly didn't realize what I took credit for.

If you would like, I will either:

1. Take the rosters down.

2. Give you credit.

I honestly had no intentions to take your work, I was in a hurry and typed it up as fast as I could, and accidentally left out the other things that you had done.

Choice is yours. I am sorry.

I didn't realize there was a problem here. I am a regular modder here who posts rosters weekly. I recently downloaded his roster and really liked it. I forgot to mention he had named the players as well.

I don't see what's wrong here. He has no copyright to the roster, so he expects me to stop making roster updates completely because I use his rosters? No where in his posts does it say, "Modders cannot post more current versions of my roster," so why not? Kinda sad if you ask me. I've had people take my rosters and post the changes they made to it, and I see no problem with it.

For one I would never discourage anyone from improving on my work. I actually totally 100% encourage it and just wanted nothing more than the common courtesy of: 1. an attempt to ask me or just let me know you were gonna release this. 2. Fair Credit...and I don't think I'm being an a-hole here(maybe I'm wrong) by saying that your post was a bit misleading in credit given. Go ahead and keep the roster up because I do think you did some nice work here and also I agree with the fact that these are not copyrighted. However since we as modders don't usually get or use copy-writes; I'm just hoping for some plain old fashioned manners between the community. I accept your apology and don't think you were outwardly trying to take credit for my work but it did come across a bit disrespectful to me. No hard feelings though; and hope we can continue to collaborate and communicate in the future.

It's common courtesy that if you want to use someone else's work in yours, you ask for permission. You may not care if others use your work without telling you, but that doesn't mean that everyone has to feel that way. I wouldn't like it if someone took my work and put it in another mod without at least mentioning it to me. I've never turned anyone down who asked me.

Actually, yes. It's within BSU-FAN's rights to ask you to remove his work from your mod if he wants. It's his time and effort, after all. We've had mods taken down in the past because of disagreements like this, and I won't hesitate to do it again. If BSU-FAN is OK with you modifying your description to give him proper credit for everything he did, I can put the rosters back up quickly.

At this point, it's his call.....

[uPDATE] I see that things have been resolved while I was putting my post together. The rosters will be back up shortly. I'm glad to see that things worked out amicably.

It's common courtesy that if you want to use someone else's work in yours, you ask for permission. You may not care if others use your work without telling you, but that doesn't mean that everyone has to feel that way. I wouldn't like it if someone took my work and put it in another mod without at least mentioning it to me. I've never turned anyone down who asked me.

Actually, yes. It's within BSU-FAN's rights to ask you to remove his work from your mod if he wants. It's his time and effort, after all. We've had mods taken down in the past because of disagreements like this, and I won't hesitate to do it again. If BSU-FAN is OK with you modifying your description to give him proper credit for everything he did, I can put the rosters back up quickly.

At this point, it's his call.....

[uPDATE] I see that things have been resolved while I was putting my post together. The rosters will be back up shortly. I'm glad to see that things worked out amicably.

Thanks for the support Jim. I hope it doesn't seem like I'm complaining for nothing here. I just think a ton of people are doing some hard work on here (way more work than me) so they should all get fair credit. I know I had to use 2k's work to even have the roster I used as a base; so I'm not saying that people shouldn't improve on my own work... that would be hypocritical.

these rosters arent accurate dude. wtf is your problem Stop stating false information about your rosters.

Just look at the lineups. For example I dont see Juan Pierre on top of the WSOX batting order and hes been top since the beggining of the season. Another screw up is the line up for rays , its completely messed up.

these rosters arent accurate dude. wtf is your problem Stop stating false information about your rosters.

Just look at the lineups. For example I dont see Juan Pierre on top of the WSOX batting order and hes been top since the beggining of the season. Another screw up is the line up for rays , its completely messed up.

If the rosters are not good enough for you maybe you can spend your time creating them so they are accurate. I'm sure he speany many hours of his personal time creating these, why not just enjoy them? You can always use 2ks rosters(can you guess how accurate they are?

How about just saying thank you for creating these, or if you have nothing nice to say then say nothing.

I appreciate the hard work done here by him and others, lineups can be changed by you as well has moving players around.

If you don't like the rosters, that's fine. If you want to voice your dissatisfaction, that's also fine, but try do so a little more constructively. Comments like "wtf is your problem" is not exactly constructive criticism.

Please try to keep things a little more civil in your future posts. If you can't do that then there will be consequences. Nobody is being paid to create these mods. If you don't like them, don't use them.

Lineups are automatically generated when you play a game or do a franchise. I set them to their original rosters, but it "fixed" them for me.

If you don't like the rosters, then don't use them. I really don't care. For you to come in here and criticize the way you did, just shows the immaturity you bestowed upon your image. Not my problem.

Have a good day natino.

If you don't like the rosters, that's fine. If you want to voice your dissatisfaction, that's also fine, but try do so a little more constructively. Comments like "wtf is your problem" is not exactly constructive criticism.

Please try to keep things a little more civil in your future posts. If you can't do that then there will be consequences. Nobody is being paid to create these mods. If you don't like them, don't use them.

This.

Thank you.

Archived