Base Up! Rosters Ver 1.6X

Gordo

Again, this will mainly continue to be an MLB focused roster set at this point, but Toleten is going to help me with AAA construction and proper portraits and faces. Here's a preview of some of the improvements and changes coming....

GENERAL:

• ***All listed pitchers making an MLB start to date received a stamina adjustment via Dylan’s calculator (with 80-89 receiving a +1 and 90-97 receiving a +2) based on up to 5 year performance, if possible. ***

• Cyberfaces changed from correct feedback received

• Top 50 Prospects label added for players presently in roster (sorry, I'm not creating minor league only players as of yet)

• Pertinent transaction moves made to date

• Speed tweaks done for fielders to be more in line with MLB 2K10

SPECIFIC:

• Julio Teheran, SP/ATL, created and moved to AAA team

• Ryan Vogelsong, SP/SFG, added and moved to AAA team

• Olexi Ogando, SP/TEX, changed to starter and moved to AAA team (Brett Tomko moved to MLB squad)

• Derek Lowe, SP/ATL, given true sinker (previously had FB mimic sinker)

• Cole Hamels, SP/PHI straight changeup changed to cutter

• Laynce Nix, LF/WAS, fielding attributes reduced

• Michael Pineda,SP/SEA, pitch attributes and appearance updated

• Mark Trumbo batting attributes upgraded

• Joel Zumaya, RP/DET, removed from the roster, Enrique Gonzalez moved to the MLB roster

• Kendrys Morales, 1B/LAA, removed from the roster; Mark Trumbo moved to the MLB roster

• Chris Young, SP/NYM, removed from the roster; Dillon Gee moved to the MLB roster

• Joe Thatcher, RP/SDP, removed from the roster; Luebke and Frieri moved up; Deduno moved down

• Collin Curtis, LF/NYY, removed from the roster

• Jon Garland, SP/LAD, pitch types and speeds adjusted

• Nathan Adcock, P/KCR, pitch types and speeds adjusted

** I'm also planning on including an alternate version which will upgrade stamina ratings for LRP, MRP, SU and CL's so that if you want to put them in the starting rotation, they'll have it to do so...... it will be a basic, global mathematical upgrade and not based on any actual numbers, mainly because there aren't any since a majority of them are not starters.

** I'll also be including all .mep files which should include just about any injured or retired player you are looking for in case you want to re-insert them back into the roster via MVPedit.

** Toleton is lending a tremendous hand in finding other errors and corrections needed such as players misplaced, ID #'s, duplicates, correct minor league team names, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt the accuracy will be there completely for even AAA with all of the callups/send downs that happen. I think for this next release I'll be more focused on the 40 man roster and especially those guys who have set foot on an MLB field. This will continue to be a work in progress and I'm hoping by the end of the season, I'll have a good base and system to continue into next year as I don't see 2K making that huge of a leap and I've never really warmed up to The Show.

Well, it's truly a hard work, since even just the 25-man-roster means there are 750 players and the count almost doubles if you go for 40-man as well.

I'm guessing this means that if I were to download this roster, AA and A teams rosters would still be circa 2005, right ? Just curious, since I want to learn more about your work before I start using the rosters.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived