Mlb 2K11 Online Works!

pena1

well id say yes, pena, along with all of us wants this league to be as real as possible, stat, and rotation wise, i'd love to use bsu's for the league, as his are top notch, they are the most realistic, but i guess until his are completed, we could just use 2k's as well, what do you guys think?

I'm up for whatever you guys decide, but if I had to pick I say off since (I'm assuming here that I will be the Pirates), Pedro Alvarez is on the DL any my lineup is weak as is. But in the end it doesn't really matter. It might just be easier to go with the injured list as is so it doesn't turn into one of those...well I want this guy and that and so on and so on.

I'm up for whatever you guys decide, but if I had to pick I say off since (I'm assuming here that I will be the Pirates), Pedro Alvarez is on the DL any my lineup is weak as is. But in the end it doesn't really matter. It might just be easier to go with the injured list as is so it doesn't turn into one of those...well I want this guy and that and so on and so on.

well see thats the good thing about this league, you can pick any team you like bro, where just asking, that you stick with tha team, im kinda in the same boat as you, i chose my home town and fav squad, The Indians, where missing some ppl as well to the dl, but hopfully by the time bsu's or 2ks update fall around we'll be settled :)

I realized today that 2k only lets you play with their online rosters :\ this is a definitely a bummer but we will move forward! Kaos, Zach, and BSU, check your pm's, just sent over the info and invites to join!

Bases and I are already set!

udwph - hopefully we can get you settled soon

daflyboys - are you still interested bro?

I'm in thanks for the invite. Hopefully that last 4 guys get in soon so I can some games in this week. I'm taking off for two weeks for some work stuff on 20th till July 1st.

But I am taking my laptop and I can play it on my laptop, but it's a little choppy. Maybe I can tweek it some more so it's playable online. If so, then I'm golden, I'll alot of time during the two weeks I'm gone.

Pena1 and I had a really fun game tonight. I'm definitely looking forward to the league!

I apologize in advance that my connection is a little laggy. I moved out of town last summer, so I don't have many broadband options at the moment, but I'm hoping to move back into town later this year. In the meantime, there's some extra lag, but Pena1 said it was still very playable and good enough for the league. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up and apologize in advance if it's laggier than normal.

I am interested, but I'm waiting for a "nice price" before pulling the trigger. If you guys have enough and and even number (if that's necessary) certainly don't wait for me. I could be an alternate if needed, plus I'll need the time to get reacquainted with the game.

I am interested, but I'm waiting for a "nice price" before pulling the trigger. If you guys have enough and and even number (if that's necessary) certainly don't wait for me. I could be an alternate if needed, plus I'll need the time to get reacquainted with the game.

I want the A's................. if thats ok? I'm a D man, who's your Tiger........ Thats not for me!!!!

so now that we are almost there. how do we go about getting the games in, besides just scheduling them in advance.

what I mean is, will we see the status of each player in the league and know whether they are online from the league screen?

are we going to have to sit in a lobby until somebody shows up?

i've been in a couple of other leagues this year and I've never had a game happen or seen anybody online.

also, there is a place inside the league you can schedule games, but I have no idea what time zone it is. me and this one guy tried using that and i had no idea if it was set to EST, PST or our respective time zones. For example if I schedule something with somebody on that screen and 6:30pm, I'm PST, will it show 9:30pm for my opponent if he is on the east coast?

i figure most of the above are not known at this time, since I don't know if anybody here has done a league this year. so I'm mostly just wondering, or maybe it's like in years past for this game.

so now that we are almost there. how do we go about getting the games in, besides just scheduling them in advance.

what I mean is, will we see the status of each player in the league and know whether they are online from the league screen?

are we going to have to sit in a lobby until somebody shows up?

i've been in a couple of other leagues this year and I've never had a game happen or seen anybody online.

also, there is a place inside the league you can schedule games, but I have no idea what time zone it is. me and this one guy tried using that and i had no idea if it was set to EST, PST or our respective time zones. For example if I schedule something with somebody on that screen and 6:30pm, I'm PST, will it show 9:30pm for my opponent if he is on the east coast?

i figure most of the above are not known at this time, since I don't know if anybody here has done a league this year. so I'm mostly just wondering, or maybe it's like in years past for this game.

Can't we also set up a post here and commit to a schedule before hand and the time frame? I am on the other side of the world 12 hours ahead of most of you. Daytime there nighttime here. So far not a problem for me as I only sleep 5 hours and I can play at my job. My weekends mostly during your morning time about from 3pm on is gone here as I run another company and must be on the job site.

Lets wait and see what our admin come up with.........

ok guys, just letting you all know my schedule, so we can get our games in, this will be my schedule, so if we have a game, just message me, and i'll be there.

eastern standard time zone - 1030 pm

monday - sunday

gl everyone in your games and remeber to have fun,

If there is still a spot, I would be interested. I would be interested in trying my online settings now-my laptop runs this game flawlessly on high already. I'll be online as Kjuggs. I was just in the game and only saw quick game or league options. Is there a lobby that I'm missing? I can usually be on most nights after 7pm CST and I can check most days here for any further coordination. As far as the time zone differential, a suggestion might be to just to go with Zulu/ Greenwich Mean Time for every listing. I suck at the game, though, despite playing it for the last couple of years- I know Zach has the Phils, so it wouldn't matter what other teams are available. If the league's full, no problem.

If there is still a spot, I would be interested. I would be interested in trying my online settings now-my laptop runs this game flawlessly on high already. I'll be online as Kjuggs. I was just in the game and only saw quick game or league options. Is there a lobby that I'm missing? I can usually be on most nights after 7pm CST and I can check most days here for any further coordination. As far as the time zone differential, a suggestion might be to just to go with Zulu/ Greenwich Mean Time for every listing. I suck at the game, though, despite playing it for the last couple of years- I know Zach has the Phils, so it wouldn't matter what other teams are available. If the league's full, no problem.

i'd love to have ya aboard man, with leagues there's always games not being played or someone has to drop for a certain reason, right now the league was built for 8 players and it is full, however, if games ar'nt being played, then if your up for it,you'd more than welcome, also in the mean time, i'll play with you online, my time zone is above this post, so you can get a chance to play some games, so stick around. :good:

edit.. i'm not sure, but there might be away where you actually can be added to the league, pena would have to do that, or give more explanation, once he see's this thread, i'm sure he'll respond, but imo your more than welcome to play, if pena says he can add ya!

Hey kjuggs, check your pm's when you get a chance. :)

Well I've been trying to get this darn game to connect to a quick online and ranked game and cannot even get into the online lobby at all; I know it should be r-trigger apparently (at the 'play now' screen, correct?) I can get to the league and see everybody else and their 2ksports profile/etc. I keep getting a connection error though when advancing past the list of league members. I was able to open the specified ports as listed by 2K sports: and ran benchmarks as well as even downgrading windowed graphics to 800*600 with no luck. I've made the AA and the other Nvidia changes, and now at a loss as of what to do. I will try to make this run on my desktop tomorrow and see if I get a different result, but this laptop is relatively new and pretty good- it runs 2k11 at 1366*768 on highest graphics settings. Every other online game, including WoW, play flawlessly. Any tips would be appreciated. I tried working it out with Pena this evening, but no dice. Game is patched, latest online rosters and sliders I have. Thanks all.

Ports opened: http://www.2ksports.com/customerservice/index.php/Main_Page

My laptop: http://us.toshiba.com/computers/laptops/satellite/a500/A505-S6980/

• 3 weeks later...

I can't figure this out at all. Take me off...sorry Pena but thanks for your assistance. I will continue to work it this week to at least get something going.

Yeah i've yet to ever play an online game. It doesn't work on my end what so ever, but i'm glad to hear some are having luck!!

Archived