Gordo

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

File Name: BaseUp! Rosters 2011 VER 1.64

File Submitter: daflyboys

File Submitted: 11 Jun 2011

File Updated: 18 Jun 2011

File Category: Rosters

Version: 1.64

*** SEE THE SUPPORT TOPIC FOR A "PATCH" THAT WILL KEEP THE BALTIMORE ORIOLES FROM CRASHING THE GAME ***

First and foremost, a HUGE thank you to Toleton who gave me some great guidance and assistance on this version and who will collaborate with me on future versions to make improvements!!

This version includes a special bonus of an alternate roster featuring increased stamina for ALL relievers, potentially giving them an opportunity to be a starter if needed.

Another great inclusion on this are the "absent" players whom you can easily re-insert back into the roster in any way that you choose via MVPedit.

There are way too many enhancements, changes and moves to list here. So download the file and check out the description document, but here are just a few not already mentioned:

• Full attempt to match present 40-man rosters (though some nominal or still fully minor league players not considered).

• All listed pitchers making an MLB start to date received a stamina adjustment via Dylan’s calculator (with 80-89 receiving a +1 and 90-97 receiving a +2) based on up to 5 year performance, if possible.

• Fielders speeds more in line with 2K’s MLB 10 rosters

• Cyberfaces changed from correct feedback received

• Top 50 Prospects label added for players presently in roster

• More existing minor leaguers moved to correct teams

• 50+ pertinent transactions made since last roster update

Click here to download this file

Looks great. Was wondering though if you could explain how to use MVP Edit to add the absent players back, can it be done individually or all or nothing?

I love the fact you took out guys who are not playing but have not officially retired! Thanks!

Great update as usual. Keep it up!

Not sure if anyone else is getting these problems, but I've noticed 1) a lot of players still have wrong pictures and/or mismatched bodies (ie Hispanic face with a white body). Just looking through free agents, Buster Posey has Bengie Molina's face, etc.

I also started a fantasy draft today, and for some reason, Aaron Hill and Jonathan Papelbon aren't available through the draft. Both players show up and are playable in exhibitions, etc. Could this be an issue on my end or a possible bug with the rosters?

Are you sure you have the right roster and/or cyberfaces installed, because Posey was taken out of this particular update. Or are you saying you imported him back into the FA pool and checked him that way? Either way, Posey is cyberface 172 and is definitely there. Also, did you install the 08 Total Conversion mod first?? Make sure you have Homer's facepack from over at mlbmods installed. If it's still not working, PM me.

As far as a fantasy draft goes.... I see what you mean. It could be because those particular players are "hidden" since they are on the All-Star team and there was an issue with that earlier (with them being visible). You can try to open the .mbe file in MVPedit, go through the existing AL and NL all-star teams and make all of those players visible (i.e., in the player tab and at the bottom). Good luck and enjoy!

Hey daflyboys,

Thanks for the quick response. In your update (generic, not stamina-updated), Posey is listed as a FA. I haven't imported him or anyone else. I've had a few bad experiences with MVPEdit, as well as more intense updating (my fault on incompetence), so I try and tinker as little as possible. I usually just download new roster updates and tweak accordingly to keep it accurate in terms of socks, glove/bat colour, etc.

Yes, '08 is installed. I didn't even know Homer had facepacks, so I guess I'm way out of date. Makes sense as to why David Freese has a black head and a white body =P. The last facepack(s) I downloaded were for KG's last roster update.

Anyways, no biggie. Just wanted to bring it up. I like your rosters because a lot of the players generally have the same/updated faces from KG's last update (whereas some of the other rosters are all generic faces), so I wanted to see if there was a fix for this.

Ya, KG is the foundation for sure. HiHeat based his off of KG, and I updated from HiHeat, initially for our online league, but then came up with a quick, on the fly formula for updating all batters.

As far as Posey, I know why he is showing up in your FA pool. You're talking about in game. He is on the Rookies squad as was set up by Toleton (who was awesome in helping me along with this). So he is most likely not "hidden" as I referenced before. I'm sorry, but when I play, I use single seasons and I don't allow the cpu to make any trades or signings. I can't control what they do within a particular organization though.

Anyway, here's what is showing in the FA pool via MVPedit:

23mwp5u.jpg

And then in game:

11w530p.jpg

So depending on what you want, consider using MVPedit and hide or show players as you need.

Hi there,

I have tried to install rosters before. It's able to load and I can edit rosters while in the game menus, but I am not able to run an actual ball game. The loading screen before the ball game goes on and loads about half way before bugging out.

I have not installed any patches to mvp 2005. It is the base program. I'd love to use the new rosters. I haven't used any total conversion mods. Any ideas would be a big help.

- Lex

At the very beginning of the included .rtf doc, I do indicate that you would be best off installing the 08 mod. If you don't want to do that, minimally I would install Homer's facepack from over at mlbmods. If you don't want to do any of that, your only recourse is to go into the rosters and change all of the faces to the default ones (i.e., #901 to 915, I believe), unless someone else has some other ideas.

Wanted to point out a definite crashing problem with this roster pack. Seems that I've narrowed it to a cyber face that was assigned to Buck Showalter, BAL manager. The face is correctly listed as 391, but was causing crashes. Changed face to a generic and it worked fine.

You can change it yourself via MVPedit, or go into manager.dat, find Showalter and change 391 to a generic face no. or use the attached file, overwriting the existing manager.dat file.

manager.zip

Great rosters as always.

I have 08 mod installed. Since I installed your latest version, the game crashes in Mini Games Batting Practice.

I'm wondering if its just my pc.

any thoughts?

thanks

There is something about the need for a certain player being present in the rosters. I remember reading it somewhere, but can't recall who it is. It seems stupid I know. Maybe do a search in the support section and if you find something, if you could post it back here, that would be great!

Glad you're enjoying the set!

There is something about the need for a certain player being present in the rosters. I remember reading it somewhere, but can't recall who it is. It seems stupid I know. Maybe do a search in the support section and if you find something, if you could post it back here, that would be great!

Glad you're enjoying the set!

Shane Reynolds has to be present

Y4L is right, it's Shane Reynolds (#0f844e070). There's a long datafile entry you need to add in under attrib.dat, and it needs to be done in alphabetical order. The reason it crashes, from what I'm told, is that the MVP 08 creators took him out, meaning batting practice and HR derby will crash. I've added it in on mine and haven't gotten it to work still--for HR deby, batting practice or either pitching game.

You need to make sure you have installed the 08 total conversion mod as indicated as well as the facepack from mlbmods.

After you install the 08 mod, you do not need to install any official EA patches.

Found that ESPN.com has a "debuts" section indicating what month a particular player debuted in the majors. I discovered that these particular players are not available in the current roster pack (not counting someone who was taken out for season ending injury, like CLE pitcher Alex White):

5/24 Yoshinori Tateyama, TEX RP

5/24 Rubby De La Rosa, LAD RP

5/22 Josh Judy, CLE RP

5/12 Amauri Sanit, NYY RP

6/14 Ryan Mattheus, WSH RP

6/13 Anthony Bass, SD SP

6/10 Graham Godfrey, OAK SP

6/08 Tony Watson, PIT RP

6/07 Charlie Blackmon, COL LF

6/04 Fautino De Los Santos, OAK RP

Based on amount of time played (and if they put on more time), I could justify adding these players in the next update:

Yoshinori Tateyama, TEX, P

Rubby De La Rosa, LAD, P

Graham Godfrey, OAK, P

Tony Watson, PIT, P

Charlie Blackmon, COL, OF

Not dumb at all. And actually your one question has to do with the other. The .mbe file is the file type that MVPedit recognizes. By default, MVPedit keeps its' .mbe files in its' main folder, so put any or all in there. Obviously, once you get MVPedit to install and function successfully, click on "open" and select the .mbe file. Keep in mind that MVPedit saves "on the fly". You do not have to hit a save button for anything you do.

MVPedit will show you things that you cannot see within the game screens, but are in the .dat files which make up all kinds of things about how players and teams behave in the game, depending on the settings.

Ok, to add a player back, simply open the .mbe file you want to affect. Click the "file" tab, then import / player. Player files are <.mep> files. (I keep a "players" subfolder within the main folder for the MVPedit program). Point the program to where you are keeping your players' .mep files, and select the player. Pick the team to where you want to import. By default, MVPedit should have the "add" choice ticked. If you pick "replace", that one player will replace ALL 25 members of that given team you've chosen, so be careful. Hit "OK" and you should see that player added to the given team you have chosen. Don't worry if that results in too many players for that given team as you can then move the imported player to wherever you want.

Archived