Pirates Over .500

DonSPa

I have waited a long time for this day. My beloved Buccos with a record over .500 in the middle of June. I have been a Pirates fan for years. I was 6 when they won the World Series in 79, so I barely remember that team, but I remember rooting big time for Bill Madlock in the early 80s, stuck with them as a fan in the 80's when they had guys like Sammy Khalifa at shortstop.

Then came the early 90's with players like Bell, Bonilla, Van Slyke, Bonds, Drabek, etc. I loved those teams, and loved having Jim Leyland as manager. I actually cried when my Buccos lost the NLCS to the Braves in 92. Supported these guys in the 90's and still support them today. Go Bucs!!!!

Good to see the Bucs playing competitive/WINNING baseball for the 1st since the old Bonds/Bonilla/Van Slyke/Drabek days! Even more shocking is the NL East- Mets were looking to go over .500 until they balked that game away last night, and the even the Nats are red hot. I have yet to get to PNC park, but I'd love to see that stadium in person.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived