Color Enhancement Mod For Nba 2K11 Works For Mlb 2K11.

BSU-FAN

I was modding my version of NBA2k11 and saw the latest "photomod" files by Darth Skinnet over at moddingway.com and got an idea. I figured that since both NBA and MLB 2k11 use the same files for shading, color, and so on... that if I installed those specific files into my MLB2k11 directory they might actually be compatible and have the same effect. And it did! :clapping: So since it isn't my own work I didnt feel comfortable posting the files I used to do this on here. So instead I will link to his download at moddingway and tell you which files I put into my /MLB2k11 directory. Download the files needed from HERE

Once you have downloaded and extracted you will only need the files in the "UAR PhotoMod v5 (Darth Edition III)" Folder. First back up any original files in your "Major League Baseball 2k11" folder. Then just copy all files from the "UAR PhotoMod v5 (Darth Edition III)" folder and paste them into you main "Major League Baseball 2k11" folder. This makes some colors significantly richer and some may not like how saturated some of the colors appear. I myself like the way it looks on my 46" LED/LCD HDTV Monitor :popcorn: I think while at times is adds an "unrealistic" brightness it also enhances some of the textures like the grass by bringing out more color. Just an opinion. I tried to get some screenshots to compare a before and after but for some reason my video card isn't letting me do that from in game. :search: So if anyone else that can and wants to post some screen shots I would be very thankful so people can see what this actually does. Once again this is the work of Darth Skinnet I just figured I would pass along the knowledge.

maybe someone can contact whoever made the mod could tell us how to adjust the color , i do like how it magnifies the color on the field itself and as u say it does saturate other areas that dont need more color

I tried using the Crysis 3 mod just now. It seems to have less color saturation overall. The textures in the players skin and uniforms look really good, but somewhat brighter than everything else to make the players stand out more. The grass isnt as green, and realistic as the other mod. The dirt is lighter as well. It looks like the configuration settings for either color enhancement mod can be toyed around with. I can't make heads or tails of what everything means though when I look at the configuration settings though... :facepalm:

Ya I have tested a few other photomods but non look as good as this one does (IMO).There are some others over at moddingway that have less brightness but I think they leave some things to dull. I actually just turned my brightness and contrast down a notch on my TV and am loving the way this mod is looking now. The only colors I see that look just a bit to saturated are the deep red colors in the game but other than that everything looks wonderful to me. Even the way the lighting looks now it a huge improvement! The sunsets look much more realistic. Also the blacks are a much more black; rather then the faded grey that 2K seems to call black.

hey guys, i just wanted to let you guys know i have emailed darth, he is the creator of this mod, he's a cool guy, if he has the time, i'm sure he wouldn't mind fixing the color for us. i also made it very aware that he will receive full credit for this!, so hopfully my bro can help us out when he gets some time, he's making a very top notch set of rosters for the nba2k11 currently and it is alot of work, but will be well worth the wait.

awseome. I wish the mlb modding community was as active as the nba one. They do some nuckin futz things with nba 2k. You guys are all right too i guess :-P

Im kinda hoping we can recruit some of them over here. :help: That michaelvlutz49 over at moddingway has done some crazy work editing the .exe files to change all kinds of things from game speed to the way the ball reacts. I'd love to see what he could do with this game. And props scottybilly(Sorry....I meant basesloaded ):facepalm: for getting a hold of DarthSkinett :good: Hopefully we will hear from him soon.

the other thing at least for me this mod does it makes shading detials better that i haven't seen before, not to mention you see colors overall better. i like the mod as it came to us and helping a lot to see things that yea you see, but are clearer and you havet force your your eyes to see details your looking for in game, there there. it helps me to see if there any smaller details in game im not catching i need to work on for modding reasons, so props for this one.

this one of throws mods that if you think you've seen everything or looking to see better lol, or think the game visual has hit its limits for the year, this seems to take it to another level. ;)

Archived