Base Up! Rosters ... 2Nd Half O' The Season

Gordo

Hey guys, just got word from Toleton that he tweaked a recent roster release I did and it will have more minor league accuracy! We'll release 2 versions, 1 with higher stamina for all pitchers and 1 with lower stamina for relievers and long relievers. We will be considered co-authors for these rosters. He even included his 2011 All-Star rosters !!

I would say look for it at the trade deadline as that would make the most sense to release the next version. Stay tuned!!

Thanks guys, trying to make it better all the time and Toleton has been such a huge part. From one of his last communiques with me:

"I try very hard to organize the MiLB teams and I think is 75% real, mostly AAA and AA, very difficult as they are a lot of new low MiLB players that are not in the rosters, I took freedom to include some players to fill gaps mainly in empty organisations when I had data on them, although they are still missing like Manny Banuelos and Jose Altuve with no data available and not even with official Id. All lineups are organized with some logics, also starters but still not the bullpen, I can do it later. I put this into your consideration for change anything you have a better update, and off course stats which is what I can not do, but at least we have a base to work on since now and I am satisfied with it."

Without guys like Toleton and Dylan and of course kg and hiheat for setting the previous base.... it wouldn't have been possible. Better feedback from the community is always welcome too.

Thx Y4L.

• 2 weeks later...

Just rounded out the injury update, including players who are returned to the lineup (yes, including Strasburg!) Now need to balance teams after all the moves from over the weekend. Should get a major chunk of the NL done today and without major interruptions, should get to the AL by the middle of the week, then final touches towards the end of the week, ready for release. The objective will still be to release 2 versions at the same time.... one with "standard" stamina for all pitchers (Toleton's great work) and another with reduced stamina for relievers, based on their role (LRP vs. M/SU/CP).

So if you have any suggestions, get 'em out there now. But please don't tell me cyberfaces are mixed breeds for you guys unless you've actually installed the pack from MLBMODS and have double checked the number with the official ID list (from there as well). That's not the kind of feedback I'm looking for. Moreso, batting stances, pitch types (which I will research behind you), etc.

J. Weeks was in the last update 1.76. Goldschmidt is included amongst others for the next update.

My main things with you are that you don't write in complete sentences.... again, we're not texting here and the way that you write is annoying to the reader. Also, you don't really express yourself directly. For example, you say a lot of players are needed, then you indicate two guys, one of which has already been in the roster. Then you say these are ALL guys who need to be created.

My main things with you are that you don't write in complete sentences.... again, we're not texting here and the way that you write is annoying to the reader. Also, you don't really express yourself directly. For example, you say a lot of players are needed, then you indicate two guys, one of which has already been in the roster. Then you say these are ALL guys who need to be created.

Got to agree with you here. The guy writes like he has a ten second timer next to his keyboard and he is trying to get his post in before it goes off.

Update: 6 teams to go, which is doable by tonight since I have no league game. And then it's a matter of looking through batters who seem excessively low in batting attributes and tweaking as well as pitchers' velocities that need an adjustment. Also, I'm seeing that going to max power on the pitching meter elevates the pitch speed, possibly as much as 4 mph. I like this in terms of the realism in-game with pitch speed at +50, but not for authenticity. I need to test it a bit for all the pitches.

Archived