Learned A Very Cool Trick For Editing Cyber-Faces!

BSU-FAN

While editing rosters I have occasionally stumbled upon certain players in the rosters that are different from any of the others. That is because they have the ability to fully edit their cyberfaces while in the game using 2k's face creation tools. I have only seen a small number of these "customize-able" players in the roster; and had talked with a few people on here about what is allowing us to edit these players in game and not others. Not much was discovered and over time I recently haven't thought much of it. Then today I was attempting to use one of the customizable faces on a second player since it looked similar enough to the guy I was trying to make. So i went into Ty's editor and looked up the face number for the player with the editable face. Then I went and changed my newly created players face number to match the other. After going back into my game and loading my roster file it appeared that my changes had worked. Now here comes the crazy part :crazy: I could now not only edit both players cyber-faces separately in game; but also noticed that any facial changes I made didn't affect the other customize-able players face at all!!!!! Even though they share the same face number for some reason each player can be edited with out making any changes to the other players' face. With this ability you can change virtually any players cyber-face while still in the game. All you need is Ty's editor and one of the "MAGIC" face numbers. Here is one of the numbers I have tested and know works. That number is 65535 :hi: Just place that face number via Ty's roster editor into any players you want to use this on. Beware it will replace that players face in game with a generic face that you can now fully edit. You may also have to change skin tone via the editor(which also will change the face color to match automatically)to match that of the player you are trying to make. I hope this is a help for those of you that are wanting to replace some of the horrible generic faces that 2K has given some players. Let me know if this works for you like it did for me.

Just a quick update on my previous post...I have done further testing with this and it appears you can only change things like hair color, eye color, facial hair, and so on. For some reason while the options are there to edit things like eyes, nose, and mouth it does nothing to the actual face once you try to edit it??? Im not sure why this is exactly since I know of at least 3-5 other players in the rosters that have this same face number and you can fully edit everything on their face no problem. If anyone has any ideas on why I can fully edit everything on some players and only edit some on others...please let me know. :search:

Yeah. I ran into that myself not too long ago. I guess that ID# is the number for CAP. If you look hard enough, between FA and all the teams, you are apt to find 3-5 players like that. What I dont understand is why certain players will automatically default to the CAP face after downloading the portrait file. Even when I change the ID#, it remains the generic bald CAP face. I've only seen that happen a couple of times in my franchise, but it is still annoying. Aaron Miles does not look like a bald Ken Doll....:facepalm:

Good find but seems kind of pointless if you can only change hair color? :-/ I could do that easily in photoshop.

Ya I agree. :facepalm: I'm hoping to find out why some players can be fully edited with this face number and others you can only edit hair color, facial, eye color, and so on. If you look at Slade Heathcott, Destin Hood, or Jeff Young in my "NoFakeNames" rosters you can change everything on them including the facial features and they use the same face number. Can anyone tell me what is different about these players that would allow for this? If we can find it out I do believe we could use this to edit any players face in game.

Archived