DAT File Request

rglass95

I remember reading in one of the several interview posts with brinkman that a roster update will be provided on the day of release, so i look for that tommorrow as well. the roster update may change the dat file and require additional changes to mvpedit as well. (at least, that is what happened last year when the patches came out).

there were 18 roster files last year, maybe more this year. He needs all the files with the extension .dat in the data folder

here is a list of the roster files from 2004

attrib.dat

bstats.dat

career.dat

careerp.dat

fbstats.dat

lhattrib.dat

lhbstats.dat

lhpstats.dat

manager.dat

org.dat

pitcher.dat

pstats.dat

rhattrib.dat

rhbstats.dat

rhpstats.dat

roster.dat

team.dat

tstat.dat

When someone picks up the game, could they please send me the DAT files so I can change MVPedit to support 2005? Thanks.

Would these files work for MVP 2004? I wont be able to get the game until mid march and I was hoping that the 2005 roster files would work for MVP 2004. BTW if so then can someone send them my way? My AIM address (not email) is GibrilsShutDownD.

Looking at the DAT files, there are a few changes. Each team now has a minor league manager in addition to a major league manager. Players have two new attributes: a "face2004style" (whatever that is), and a top prospect flag. There is now an intensity slider for the Florida Marlins. Managers have some ratings I think, for hitting, baserunning, fielding and pitching. They also have a salary. The team stats have been divided into first half and second half wins.

The hist.dat file must hold the year by year career stats, but I don't know what format it is in (it is not a text file).

Looking at the DAT files, there are a few changes. Each team now has a minor league manager in addition to a major league manager. Players have two new attributes: a "face2004style" (whatever that is), and a top prospect flag. There is now an intensity slider for the Florida Marlins. Managers have some ratings I think, for hitting, baserunning, fielding and pitching. They also have a salary. The team stats have been divided into first half and second half wins.

The hist.dat file must hold the year by year career stats, but I don't know what format it is in (it is not a text file).

just so you know

the Xbox puts the rosted files in a BIG file, on the xbox the roster BIG files does not contain hist.dat. hist.dat is in the directory with the big file but not in the big file

Archived