Mvp Fan Favorites Legends Team Mod (New)

baseballfans

Great! This really enhances the game. The only thing I would recommend changing is, for players assigned to more than one team, to use player ratings based on their best season with that team instead of the same ratings for each (e.g., Reggie Jackson's 1980 season with the Yankees, A-Rod's 2007 season with the Yankees, Ray Halladay's 2010 season with the Phillies,Mark McGwire's 1996 season with the A's, etc.)

Edited by johne

• 4 weeks later...

For those of you that remember from about 2 years ago, this is almost EXACTLY what I was working on. I have not been around in probably about a year, so a lot of you probably don't know me, but I had a thread about this.I based my roster off of the same roster you did, and I also had it in more of a fan favorite type of system, with players playing on multiple teams. I had permission from all of the classic uniform guys of the past, roster makers, total classic team, and all of their mods. I had it probably 80% finished, but got burnt out on it, and moved to The Show on PS3 instead.

I had/have photos of every player (and not just one pic. If a player is on multiple teams, I had a pic of him with THAT team). It's still saved on my external HDD, but it was pretty disorganized, and even though I had a system set up so I knew what, and where everything was.... That was 2 years ago, and last time I looked, it just looked like a mess of mods and stuff. lol

I was in the process of creating audio for over 200 players that did not already have audio in the classic mods. I had all of the intro screens, and load screens made. I had current unis, and 3 or 4 (or more depending on the team, and what was available) classic unis installed for each team. I also had a classic stadium installed for every team (unless it was a team that has no classic stadium... Cubs still play in theirs, and teams like Florida, and Colorado, etc, basically have the only stadiums they have ever played in). In the case of the Phillies and A's, they both played in the same stadium (a different points), but they had slightly different configurations over the years. So, instead of using the exact stadium for both, I took the games stock version of Connie Mack (or Shibe, or whatever), and did some basic editing to make it more Athletics based, and used a downloaded version of the stadium that was more from the Phillies era.

Also, like Johne states in the quote below, I used a players stats from his best season with each individual team to create his ratings, so a guy like Nolan Ryan for the Angels had better stamina, a little higher ability to strike guys out, but also had less control. By the time he played for the Rangers, he didn't pitch as many innings, had less bb/9, and even though he still had high strike out totals, I don't think his k/9 numbers were quite as good (if memory serves). In other words, even though you had the same guy as far as physical looks, his abilities were different on the field.

Anyway, since I no longer play MVP, I can't say that I have tried this out, but it sounds exactly like what I have always wanted in a roster (with just a few minor differences). Mine wont ever see the light of day at this point, so I commend you on taking up this task, and actually finishing it. I'd offer you any of my work that you would want to add to yours, but I don't come around here often enough to even make an offer like that, since you may not see me here again for 6 months, and you might never get the stuff you ask for. lol

If anyone even cares to, search around for my thread. I had a bunch of screen shots, and info on what I was working on. Towards the end of the thread, you could see I was getting burnt out, and didn't care to work on it as much, but it'll at least give you an idea of what I was working on.

Here is a link to my old thread. If it helps anyone with any new ideas, that would be cool:

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showtopic=44526

Great! This really enhances the game. The only thing I would recommend changing is, for players assigned to more than one team, to use player ratings based on their best season with that team instead of the same ratings for each (e.g., Reggie Jackson's 1980 season with the Yankees, A-Rod's 2007 season with the Yankees, Ray Halladay's 2010 season with the Phillies,Mark McGwire's 1996 season with the A's, etc.)

Thanks for everyone input. I hope that you enjoy the beta mod as much as I have. The reason I rushed this mod before even finish was because I need to see if there are any more interest in the MVP series. Judging for everyone respond it seem that you guy want more. Therefore, I will work with any modder who want to add to this mod to complete this game.

emath2432 can U take your intro screens, and load screens & send it to me? I will like to test it out and hope that it will improve this mod.

• 1 year later...

Has anyone tried a fantasy draft with this mod? Only getting random players like Pujols, Josh Gibson, Frank Robinson to show up then a to of Player A.

I'm not putting this mod down at all here but I have to ask you why are you bothering to do a fantasy draft with this mod? This is a beta version of this mod and it was released last October. It's still in beta version over a year later. Nothing's been done to it since then. If you want to do a fantasy draft do one with the Mvp 12 mod.