Can A 2012 Total Mod Be Done?

Gordo

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KC's cool cuz he's a trusted vet around these waters. But please remember not to pass that info around. I can grant access if it's necessary, but I also need to be sure I know who's got access.

No worries, I haven't sent it to anybody. I just sent him a PM letting him know what's up with the mod.

i will help i just need to know how to make a picture 24 bit and a little traning i will be roaring to go

Here is a pretty solid process that I use for portrait making:

-use this link: http://www.milb.com/...ffiliations.jsp It lists all affiliations, so when Kyleb lists an organization's needed portraits, you will find updated pictures quickly

-find each player's name on their team's roster, click on the player, and right-click and save target

ensure you have mvpedit and load the .mbe file that came with the latest baseup rosters (2012 phase 1)

check to see if the player is in the database; most single-a and half of the double-a players are not in there

-open up in photoshop; hit ctrl+alt+i to resize each image to 128x128

-hit W and click on the image background

-hit G and dump the bucket so the background is black

-save as BMP file, 24 bit

to make transparent Alpha:

-hit shift+alt+i to select the inverse (only the player)

-hit ctrl x and cut the player out (you should have a white background where the player was against a black background)

-click Image---Mode----Grayscale

Save as BMP, (it will default to 8 bit) and save with an 'A' on the end of the name (easiest)

For players IN the .MBE database:

-click on player's portrait in MVPedit

-a new window will pop up and big buttons will allow you to replace both 24 and 8 bit alphas

-click on another player on the roster, then click on the player you just edited; the pic should show up- if it didn't work, then the fsh is not updated

-keep your mvpedit folder open- the open player's fsh file will be there

-copy the fsh file into a folder that will store all your fsh files

-if the player has no portrait, click on 'no photo available' and add them as above

-if the portrait already loaded looks unusally big, then resize your 24 and 8 bit alpha to 256x256 or else it won't work

For players that are not in database yet:

-Now that you have both a 24 and 8 bit in the folder where you saved them, zip (I use winrar) both files and save as players name

-place all zip files after completion into a single archive and send to kyleb

This sounds like a long drawn out process, but the time for me from getting the originally photo to fsh or individual archive is only a minute/90 seconds per player. Use the photoshop key shortcuts! It saves time. Sorry if you know most of this (not insulting your intelligence) but not sure how much you've dealt with portraits before-probably not alot.

Let me know if I missed anything

Hope this helps

-a new window will pop up and big buttons will allow you to replace both 24 and 8 bit alphas

-click on another player on the roster, then click on the player you just edited; the pic should show up- if it didn't work, then the fsh is not updated

-if the player has no portrait, click on 'no photo available' and add them as above

-if the portrait already loaded looks unusally big, then resize your 24 and 8 bit alpha to 256x256 or else it won't work

-Now that you have both a 24 and 8 bit in the folder where you saved them, zip (I use winrar) both files and save as players name

Or create fsh files using Kraw's portrait maker, zip those up and send them my way. That would be best for me.

-use this link: http://www.milb.com/...ffiliations.jsp It lists all affiliations, so when Kyleb lists an organization's needed portraits, you will find updated pictures quickly

-find each player's name on their team's roster, click on the player, and right-click and save target

ensure you have mvpedit and load the .mbe file that came with the latest baseup rosters (2012 phase 1)

check to see if the player is in the database; most single-a and half of the double-a players are not in there

-hit ctrl x and cut the player out (you should have a white background where the player was against a black background)

Save as BMP, (it will default to 8 bit) and save with an 'A' on the end of the name (easiest)

This sounds like a long drawn out process, but the time for me from getting the originally photo to fsh or individual archive is only a minute/90 seconds per player. Use the photoshop key shortcuts! It saves time. Sorry if you know most of this (not insulting your intelligence) but not sure how much you've dealt with portraits before-probably not alot.

Hope this helps

ok it sounds good but in photoshop how do i size 128x128 with the width height and reselution

ok it sounds good but in photoshop how do i size 128x128 with the width height and reselution

open up in photoshop; hit ctrl+alt+i to resize each image to 128x128

That's how I do it- there may be siome stretching, but that's cause the MiLB resolution is 135x90 on the web site.

Hope this helps

what version of photoshop are you using

if you have a process to do this in photoshop, just create an action that will do this for quicker.

Holy Smokes Homer...I thought about preset commands as as I was doing some but had no idea. I googled 'Actions' and figured it out- I think the process is down to this now:

-download the original press photo jpg;

-(for me) drag the photo from chrome to photoshop and hit play

-save both files

-done

Using Actions takes 4-5 seconds in PS per portrait instead of the minute or so per. Thanks alot!

yep, it saves a ton of time. anyway you can find to automate it, the better.

Are you sure that cropping the photos that way won't leave ugly jaggies behind?

Anyway, I'm wondering how encoding is done for the intro video for MVP 2005. I've seen mods that have redone that clip, but I'm not sure how.

Anyway, I'm wondering how encoding is done for the intro video for MVP 2005. I've seen mods that have redone that clip, but I'm not sure how.

i don't know. I wasn't looking at the procedures itself. I was just saying that if you use the same method for each portrait, an action script can make it go way quicker. what are you guys doing to leave jagged edges?

ask bctrackboi11 about videos. i think he knows how to do it. all the info i had for it went down with mlbmods.

I've been playing with this all night. Not messing with this anymore...lol. I'll stick to static graphics.

Edited by kjuggs

Phase 2 of BaseUp Roster: AL East is done and I'm hoping to get AL done completely by Wednesday and NL by the end of next weekend. We'll see how it goes. Keep in mind it is an MLB focused roster set and I won't be doing minor leagues.