Can A 2012 Total Mod Be Done?

Gordo

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kraw... I would think that this would be a function of original programming/formatting. Sort of like you'll never take a standard 4:3 DVD and make it look good on 16:9 because the imagery and data just aren't there. Strangely enough, the Xbox version was either format.

That should be fairly easy and will depend on which widescreen size you want and which screen you're re-using. The game has everything in standard size, usually 1028x1028. If you use a full widescreen like 1920x1200, create the image in the 1920x1200 resolution and the resize it down to 1028x1028.

That should be fairly easy and will depend on which widescreen size you want and which screen you're re-using. The game has everything in standard size, usually 1028x1028. If you use a full widescreen like 1920x1200, create the image in the 1920x1200 resolution and the resize it down to 1028x1028.

Yes that is one way, but do you really want to change every single image in the game, we are talking over 10,000 different images. There has to be a FOV key in the EXE that can be triggered

Yes that is one way, but do you really want to change every single image in the game, we are talking over 10,000 different images. There has to be a FOV key in the EXE that can be triggered

well since you put it that way, i never actually said i would do it. "someone" could do it :) but yeah, i get what you mean. but not to put anyone down, but the major modders of the past aren't really around anymore. i don't think i've seen anyone here advanced enough to break into the exe like that. we still don't have anyone that models stadiums anymore, and I would imagine this would be a bigger task. I mean if anyone was capable of that, wouldn't we also be look at things like editing batting stances and such?

Congratulations man. Just missing cayberfaces ID numbers for the Cincinnati team.

Just finished that. Roster should only need some fine tuning now. Might add a few players from the BA Top 100 that are missing, right now 91 out of the 100 are in the roster.

Just finished that. Roster should only need some fine tuning now. Might add a few players from the BA Top 100 that are missing, right now 91 out of the 100 are in the roster.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I believe I can do an intro video. My preference would be to use real MLB game footage versus in-game animations. I would also need to know the best format in which to render it for conversion to the format that the game needs. I would also like a suggestion for a song. Not a big rap or heavy metal fan. I think the song should drive it as in all videos, and should be fairly universally appealing. I also have a few smart tracks in my video editing program which will basically end at any juncture as demo'd in this vid I did a while back (that is I did not set the length of this song, the song picks up when the video is about to end):

http://youtu.be/pnGYNhAt8cA

The problem with using a full length song is that, well, it can just be too lengthy. I do have a way to grab current MLB top plays.

if you sent me missing players i will create them on Monday and also i can make some final tuning.

great job Kyleb

I love that video. Good job on that.

Thanks. The SmartTracks are really easy to use and it's nice when you find the right one to go with what you're doing. Some are pretty cheesy though.

if you sent me missing players i will create them on Monday and also i can make some final tuning.

great job Kyleb

Here are the players not yet included:

Tyrell Jenkins (St. Louis)

Daniel Norris (Toronto)

Taylor Guerrieri (Tampa Bay)

Mason Williams (New York Yankees)

Gary Sanchez (New York Yankees)

Here's a little preview for MVP 12, with some questions thrown in.

New CTS screen by RJSim:

ctsscreen.jpg

bctrackboi is still hard at work pumping out new jerseys. Big thanks to Nani for a bunch of 2012 uniforms. MVP 12 will be featuring a TON of classic jerseys from MVPMods.

newjerseys.jpg

Would anybody be willing to help update this screen and its sub-screens?

mvprewards.jpg

retrojerseys.jpg

New minor league teams and alignments:

organizationsx.jpg

New special teams:

nlfuturestars.jpg

New music. Trying to stay in the vein of modern, upbeat rock music like the original MVP games. Any suggestions?

musicbs.jpg

New Top 100 Prospects sprinkled in. Many still need portraits, though. Gotta get the schedule updater working as well to fix the ages during Season play.

starlingq.jpg

New loading screen. Still need to update the loading bar. Anybody know how?

loadscreenc.jpg

New stadium select screens.

stadiumselect.jpg

what do you need to do for the loading bar? if it's the frame you're talking about, then that just needs to be added into the textures of each screen. otherwise i personally find it better with the clean look with just the bar.

I think making it transparent might be a mistake. If you're game is hanging for some reason, it could be an indicator. How about a series of baseballs blurred (somewhat like this graphic I made) in a straight line.

14d3skn.jpg