Can A 2012 Total Mod Be Done?

Gordo

Yank.... the problem is that this is the type of approach and communication in the past that sometimes made this site unpleasant to visit. If someone wants to give an update on what they're handling....who cares? This is a video game on a video game site. And on a 7 year old game at that. It's not like it's big business. If the impatient people bother you, then just PM them. What does it really matter?

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yank.... the problem is that this is the type of approach and communication in the past that sometimes made this site unpleasant to visit. If someone wants to give an update on what they're handling....who cares? This is a video game on a video game site. And on a 7 year old game at that. It's not like it's big business. If the impatient people bother you, then just PM them. What does it really matter?

I understand. I just flashed back to when the 08 mod was being made and the huge amount of people that would post daily because that mod wasn't out as fast as they wanted it. Some of them would be pretty upset because the mod was not out when they wanted it to be.

I understand. I just flashed back to when the 08 mod was being made and the huge amount of people that would post daily because that mod wasn't out as fast as they wanted it. Some of them would be pretty upset because the mod was not out when they wanted it to be.

I'm not personally bothered by people asking. People can wait and be happy or wait and be unhappy, doesn't affect me either way - I don't know them and I don't owe them anything. I just want to make something that I and the people that worked on it can enjoy, if somebody else digs it, cool.

The moral of the story is if anybody wants it out quicker, they can learn how to make me a Charlotte Stone Crabs logo :p .

Just wanted to say I'm really glad to hear that you guys are taking the initative and putting in some serious work to make a 2012 mod. I really appreciate the hard work, I can only imagine how tidious some of the tasks are to get it done. Take your time with all of it, don't let a couple a people saying "when will it be done" bug you. They're just excited because this is a HUGE deal. Good luck and thank you so much.

Homer has done a great job. Maybe a little too quickly done because many cayberfaces not look very well (Pujols, Josh Johnson, Gavin Floyd, Roy Halladay ...) I do not know why we all rush to the new mode, the season has just started so it has time to do new MOD 2012. The most important thing is to do the job well, not fast.

Hey there Kyle,

Just wanted to let you know that I have those logos for you and I will get them sent off to you by tomorrow. I just have to make the Blue Wa-Hoos and I'll get 'em to you mañana. :good:

Amazing. You're the man!

I'd love to find a way to help you guys. I'm not sure how the logos work for the milb teams but if theres a tutorial out there I'll look it over & get some done.

Since Dennis has the logos covered, would you be interested in taking on some portraits? PM me if you are.

Homer has done a great job. Maybe a little too quickly done because many cayberfaces not look very well (Pujols, Josh Johnson, Gavin Floyd, Roy Halladay ...) I do not know why we all rush to the new mode, the season has just started so it has time to do new MOD 2012. The most important thing is to do the job well, not fast.

Let me fill you in on something. Homer has been making cyberfaces for years now and his work can be found in many total conversion mods on this website. He has literally made hundreds of cyberfaces for Mvp and to be honest this is the first negative remark I've read about his work. Homer's work with cyberfaces is just as good as yours if not better.

Let me fill you in on something. Homer has been making cyberfaces for years now and his work can be found in many total conversion mods on this website. He has literally made hundreds of cyberfaces for Mvp and to be honest this is the first negative remark I've read about his work. Homer's work with cyberfaces is just as good as yours if not better.

You did not understand me. Homer's works are better than mine, but some players have changed at intervals of several years. Many faces of players example 2007 and today has changed, so the cyberfaces that player should be different. Homer did not have much time because there are private business, and I am told that in a hurry and missed something. I did not say that his works are bad .......

I've been out of the MVP 2005 world for a few years now, but just got the desire to start playing a baseball video game again and thought I'd check this out. I can't believe this is still going, and I think it's awesome you guys are still working away on this. Whenever it's done, I can't wait to play.

Will there be super-detailed instructions to install for people like myself who don't remember how any of the modding works?

Regards,

You did not understand me. Homer's works are better than mine, but some players have changed at intervals of several years. Many faces of players example 2007 and today has changed, so the cyberfaces that player should be different. Homer did not have much time because there are private business, and I am told that in a hurry and missed something. I did not say that his works are bad .......

There is no where in my last post to you that I accused you of saying Homer's work is bad. But you did say his cyberfaces did not "look very well." That is why I made my previous response to you.

I don't check in that much anymore, but I just wanted to give my support for this mod. I know from experience with my MVP 2004 Total Conversion Mods how busy and stressful putting something together like this can be. I wish you all the best and am glad someone is taking the initiative to create another total conversion mod. If you need any tips about creating a compilation installer for all the mods, feel free to ask. Also, I can contribute my bigger pitch meter tweak if anyone is interested.

There is no where in my last post to you that I accused you of saying Homer's work is bad. But you did say his cyberfaces did not "look very well." That is why I made my previous response to you.

Let's all try to stay on the same page and try to keep the positive feeling that has been around here.

I'm pretty sure what Jed is referring to is his own work-in-progress faces that he makes changes and updates to. Since the 2012 facepack is complete and zipped up, he means that his faces that are included aren't as good as they may eventually be as he makes changes.

Jed, you can always release facepack updates since numbers are assigned. If there are any faces you feel really need updated in the facepack, I'll have time before launch to update them.

I don't check in that much anymore, but I just wanted to give my support for this mod. I know from experience with my MVP 2004 Total Conversion Mods how busy and stressful putting something together like this can be. I wish you all the best and am glad someone is taking the initiative to create another total conversion mod. If you need any tips about creating a compilation installer for all the mods, feel free to ask. Also, I can contribute my bigger pitch meter tweak if anyone is interested.

I would love some help with an installer when I get to that step.

I'm not familiar with the pitch meter tweak, but if it looks like most people would like it included, I'll add it in.

Thanks!

I would love some help with an installer when I get to that step.

I'm not familiar with the pitch meter tweak, but if it looks like most people would like it included, I'll add it in.

Thanks!

Sure, let me know if I can help...my pitch meter tweak is just a minor little mod I did that makes the pitch meter the original size again (the meter was made smaller in the MVP 08 mod to increase the difficulty level in pitching).

Out of curiosity, is it possible to add new people into the Heroes and Legends roster, like people who retired between 05 and now (Junior or Randy Johnson) or people who should have been (Drysdale or Koufax, maybe Pete Rose or George Brett)?

My guess would be yes, but it would take a little doing and you have to know exactly what you are doing. I don't see why someone like Ken Griffey Jr could replace another player on either one of the rosters. Again, I am just guessing here because I never had the desire to do this. Someone here on this site who is more proficient with the rosters and Mvp Edit can either confirm what I am saying or correct my mistake.

My guess would be yes, but it would take a little doing and you have to know exactly what you are doing. I don't see why someone like Ken Griffey Jr could replace another player on either one of the rosters. Again, I am just guessing here because I never had the desire to do this. Someone here on this site who is more proficient with the rosters and Mvp Edit can either confirm what I am saying or correct my mistake.

Yes it's possible, but it's somewhat time consuming to do. It's not an awful idea, but it would be kind of far down my list of priorities at the moment.