Pc Game Controller Question

Qbrick808

I was wondering if any of you have had experience with various brands of Xbox 360 type game controllers for the PC.

I had been using the Logitech F510 Rumble Gamepad for a while, and what I’m about to describe was never an issue with that.

Currently I am enjoying the wireless freedom of a Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller for Windows.

However, I have noticed that the analog sticks on this Microsoft model seem to be significantly less consistent or stable when it comes to the precision of pitching in MLB 2K.

I’m curious if anyone can confirm or comment on whether the different models have differing reputations for subtle issues such as this (or perhaps the specific unit I got could be slightly defective).

I went through the calibration process several times and I even tried to compensate for the way the right stick seems to lean on the pitch gesture display, but those attempts were not successful enough to make things right given the strict accuracy required for the pitching motion in this particular game.

I’m attaching an image of a few screenshots of the Pitch Analyzer. These are examples of pitches that I absolutely know I threw perfectly straight, yet as you can see, the upward motion consistently leans to the right. There have even been instances when while throwing a simple fastball I have been charged with a wild pitch because the stick moved just outside of the allowed region (not really, but the computer is interpreting it that way).

So, does anyone know if the Microsoft Xbox 360 controllers for Windows are known to have less stability with the analog stick up/down motion than other brands? Is there perhaps some way to fix or adjust this (through the Windows calibration process or otherwise) that I’m just not aware of?

Any thoughts, suggestions or ideas?

I still have a period of time where I can exchange or return this Microsoft controller, but I really prefer every other aspect of its design over the Logitech models (including their wireless F710), so I’m hoping someone can help me make this one work the way I need it to (or at least confirm that it simply cannot).

Thanks for any info on the subject.

post-96698-0-45533500-1329542944_thumb.j