Mega Portrait Pack 2K12 Released

raidersbball20

I did raider update my java to the latest version and I D/l the 0.198 NBAmod. Everytime I click on the 2012 it sent me to a DOS configuration and that was a far as it went, I figure it is somethng to do with java but there was no other version avaliable to me. I went to the java site and got it also.

The version which Speading posted is just fine in the game, it has no overlapping of ghosting.

Let me ask this question again since we got off on this subject. Is there a way for you to do the Bryce Harper, Manny Ramirez, Yu Darvish, Cespeda, Andy Petite, portriats and just give us the number where we can use Tywiggins roster program and plug them into our game where we have created them?

The problem you will run into is that in the past before the days of TIT 2K10 people had to still use NBA mod tool. A person had to use Ty's editor, find the ID number, and then load up the portrait.iff in Mod Tool and insert the portrait manually one by one. When Kraw developed TIT it allowed for more ID slots (at least that was always my understanding). I wish his website was still running so I could show you. NBA Mod Tool was limited to 10000 ID's. With decompression and so forth it expanded that to 65000+. Finally, yes I plan to make portraits for them. I usually make them as they are added into the game by 2K. Last year I made a separate release for BSU-FAN's nofakes roster which he is making again. That contained portraits for MLB and AAA. I will do that again if time allows.

Rocket, all the tools are available on the site if you want to mod portraits yourself. Ty's tool is FREE this year and you can use that figure out portrait numbers. You can also check out this site (http://www.nba-live.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=144) for tutorials on how to use the NBA2KXX mod tool. If you have trouble finding what you're looking for, then use the SEARCH FUNCTION in the forums.

Also, I'm sure raider took note of your request the first time you asked. He may or may not get to it, but when he does he'll post about it.

Rocket, all the tools are available on the site if you want to mod portraits yourself. Ty's tool is FREE this year and you can use that figure out portrait numbers. You can also check out this site (http://www.nba-live....forum.php?f=144) for tutorials on how to use the NBA2KXX mod tool. If you have trouble finding what you're looking for, then use the SEARCH FUNCTION in the forums.

Also, I'm sure raider took note of your request the first time you asked. He may or may not get to it, but when he does he'll post about it.

I've tried using all those tools to create portraits of my own (I like GIMPing portraits in my franchise to reflect trades), but I still can't solve the ghosting/incorrect-picture-on-billboards problem. Has the secret sauce for that problem been revealed yet?

K

Well, as I told DS I'm not sure what the problem for some is. I haven't changed a thing since last year except avoid the use of portrait decompress tool. I use Photoshop to create the portrait, insert into mod tool and extract back out with the correct ID number and then place in my portrait.7z format.

Well, as I told DS I'm not sure what the problem for some is. I haven't changed a thing since last year except avoid the use of portrait decompress tool. I use Photoshop to create the portrait, insert into mod tool and extract back out with the correct ID number and then place in my portrait.7z format.

Interesting. It must have something to do with the importing. When I import in a DDS it overwrites the portrait in the 0 spot, which is Scott Downs, which is then the portrait which shows up on billboards after I export/insert with TIT

Question for DS: do you use Photoshop or GIMP? I've been using GIMP, I'll try Photoshop this evening and see if that makes a difference

K

• 4 weeks later...

**UPDATED 4/13/12** Includes all MLB Portraits for 4/10/12 2K roster.

You can use ty's editor to change the fake player names. Fakes I am aware of are: Jerry Miller->Justin Maxwell, Alan Farina->Aaron Laffey, Virgil Miller->Victor Marte, Hank Ishikawa->Hisashi Iwakuma, Dave Smith->Drew Smyly.

First off, thank you Raidersbball20 for doing this again! Really appreciate it.

I am running into a little bit of a problem...I downloaded everything I needed (nba mod tool, portait.7z, and Total installer thinky 4 2k10). I was able to decompress the portrait.iff file and then put the cdf, iff, and the two new files back into the main folder. I then hit "setup" for total installer thingy and it installed but when I hit the shortcut, it says the .exe is either missing or has been deleted. Not sure how to fix this one (tried reinstalling it a few times.

(I have the steam version of MLB 2k12 this year)

Portrait.7z doesn't get unzipped! Leave it alone so Total Installer Thingy can install it into the decompressed Portrait.iff/.cdf files.

Watch the installation guide video Raidersbball included on the download page of the mod. Follow it step-by-step, pausing the video as needed.

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=6618

Glad to hear everyone is figuring it out. Davis7 I am glad you are happy to use my portrait packs. I wish I could help you out. I haven't had a digital copy since 2K10. It always seemed like the disc made things easier. But I don't see how that is effecting TIT. I'm guessing it has something to do with the initial setup of TIT since its a digital copy.

• 4 weeks later...

**UPDATED 5/8/12** Includes all MLB Portraits for 5/8/12 2K ROSTER

You can use ty's editor to change the fake player names. Fakes I am aware of are: Wilson Moore-->Will Middlebrooks Ike Fowler-->Irving Falu, Van Christian-->Vinnie Chulk, Tim Bowker-->Travis Blackley, Jake Snyder-->Jeff Suppan, Larry Phelps-->Luke Putkonen. I was not able to find high res photos for JJ Hoover or Travis Blackley so the portraits I have are the best I can do at the moment.

Mega Portrait Pack 2K12 for latest 2K roster. Every player should have correct portrait for MLB rosters. I will update throughout the season as the rosters are updated as I did last year. Currently there are 961 portraits in the pack. If I missed anyone or there are any requests please message me under this topic in the forums. Tools required for install: NBA MOD TOOL 0198 and TIT 4 2K10.

I tried this out and the MLB pictures work, but like all the AAA players have no pictures now. Anyone else who has experienced this?

Now that i think about it.. I never got the option in nba mod tool to decompress the files, they just appeared there like in the tutorial video.

Edited by censurerat

• 4 weeks later...

So after much deliberating I am gonna just release the modded portrait.iff and portrait.cdf for the next Mega Pack release so that as many people can enjoy the pack as possible. Then no one should lose any portraits either. I just hope it doesn't facilitate the ease of stealing the work...I'm looking at you theivin Koreans.

I'm wondering if anyone can help me....

I cant use these portraits because I have steam but is it possible to change Kyle Seager's portrait to a better generic photo because his is pretty bad. Also, does anyone know a way to change his cyberface easily to a better generic face? I searched to see if anyone did one for him but came up with nothing.

Thanks for any help

Edited by Davis7