Global.iff Trouble

D.D.

When I use the mod tool to decompress the global file, it goes through the normal motions but after the window says loading now begins, the long numbered files that normally would appear in the small window on the left aren't there. But if I try to say edit a uniform or the game data file, it works fine.

DD, try using this first( http://www.moddingway.com/file/15402.html ) before you load it into the modtool

Same issue Qbrick and I had earlier.

Anyone know why I'm having trouble opening the global.iff file in the Mod Tool?

I'm using version 0.198 and I seem to be able to open all of the other iffs I've tried except for the global.

The file size of global.iff is 43,890 KB. As soon as I attempt to open it, global.iff.temp is automatically created, but as soon as that reaches a size of 19,440 KB, it stays right there. I've tried several times and definitely given it enough time to say that it's not a matter of me just needing to wait a little longer. I even re-booted and tried to do it with a clean fresh start, but I got the same result.

Global.iff was never a problem to view in the Mod Tool in the past.

Any thoughts, please?

Jim (or any other admin :) ), do you think we can get the modding notes thread stickied until we can get a FAQ thread compiled?