Help! Having Problems With 2K12

Crites

I have re-installed this game 3 times to try and keep the settings "normal". And for some reason they keep changing to what I DON'T want and I can't change them back.

1. I want my pitching to stay in simple mode and it keeps changing to the more advanced and difficult mode where you have to spin the joystick into weird manuvers to make a pitch. Anyone know how to change it back to simple mode? I tried pressing button 4 on the controller and it says it will install the default settings, but it stays at the advanced mode. (Logitech Rumblepad. And please don't tell me to buy another controller. Not gonna happen.)

2. I want auto fielding and auto throwing enabled and no matter what I do I can't get it turned on. I have it turned on for player 2, but I can't find where I can enable it for player 1, which is what I am logged in as. Every time I try and enable it it shows "Player 2" above the selections. How to I get to thensetting for player 1?

Edited by Crites

Make sure you save any changes to your profile, that sounds like half your problem here. The other thing is when a profile other than Player 1 shows up in the start up screen, it means you switched your controller on after you started up the game. Activate your controller first, then start up 2K12 (if I'm understanding correctly).

EDIT: Just checked in-game, sounds like you maybe have your Player 2 profile loaded. Go into your profile screen and select Player 1, then save.

Edited by bangus

Well I am on the fourth install and this time I am NOT using a gamepad at all. Took me a while to get used to using the keyboard, but at least I don't have the settings changing on me. I made sure to save the game exactly the way I wanted it and it seems to be stable now. The keyboard is no big deal as I use auto fielding and and I can actually be a lot more precise with my pitching.

Edited by Crites

If you reinstall, don't forget that all of your "profile" stuff is in a different folder, not where all the game files are. It's actually kind a nice feature, because if you reinstall you don't lose your franchise, etc.. Make sure to do a thorough search for the 2K folder that is NOT in your programs folder .

Okay, I had an unusal spell of not being lazy and found the path to where the profile files are.. In Windows 7, they are in Users | name (whatever you have named your user profile) | AppData | Roaming | 2k Sports | Major League Baseball 2K12.

If you are going to do a true reinstall, you have to get rid of this stuff too.

Okay, I had an unusal spell of not being lazy and found the path to where the profile files are.. In Windows 7, they are in Users | name (whatever you have named your user profile) | AppData | Roaming | 2k Sports | Major League Baseball 2K12.

If you are going to do a true reinstall, you have to get rid of this stuff too.

Hollywood: I went through this before in another thread. I am using Win XP Pro. There is no "Users" folder. As a matter of fact, there is no Users folder ANYWHERE in my C: drive. After doing an extensive search, I located what I think is the equivalent to a Users folder. It is at C:Documents and SettingsCritesApplication Data2K SportsMajor League Baseball 2K12.

In that location are two folders, Cache and Saves. This is the only folder I have found relating to 2K Sports that isn't located in the

game location. When I do a reinstall I make sure to choose "Delete EVERYTHING", including any saves and preferences. Since I have been having these controller issues, I haven't even started any Franchises or My Player things. Now that I am using the keyboard as a controller, I guess I can start doing Franchises and other features. I really AM happy with the keyboard controller. It is VERY precise for pitching and gives a more "relaxed" and "precise" gameplay. B)

Edited by Crites

Hmmm... Try this. Start a franchise, and then do a windows search for the .fxg file. That will point you to the profile folder.

Just did as you instructed. Found the .fxg file in the same location as I described above:

C:Documents and SettingsCritesApplication Data2K SportsMajor League Baseball 2K12Saves.

It was in the "Saves" folder.

Edited by Crites

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hey, sorry I am late to this party but I had this exact same problem. I actually contacted 2k about it as I couldn't find a solution anywhere and they basically told me they don't support in game controls or how the product runs only if the game failed to start and things like that...

Anyways I randomly out of frustration hit a bunch of buttons when in the controls menu and came accross the answer there.. I use a PS3 controller with DS3 tools but if you go to the options panel, then my controller click in the left stick or L3 and you will see where you can make adjustments for total control or classic control for both batting and pitching

Not sure about your second question but this solves the first at least.