MVP Baseball 2005 Player ID List

A-Rod696

On 5/6/2021 at 5:58 PM, LetsGoFish2015 said:

WHich roster file has these updated cf's? I haven't seen c258 Yoshi or c430 Bohm. Is it the 2021 models.big?

If a cyberface or cyberfaces are released AFTER a roster is put out, then there is no way for the roster maker to assign those numbers that are given to the new CF's.  That's why they have generic nos. (901-915; although 901 is awful).  BUT, open up attrib.bat file (1 of the 19 roster files that make up a roster) and look at the legend at the top.  It will tell you which slot if for the cyberface no. needed.  You can simply put in the proper no. for the proper player there (unless you want to open up the roster in MVPedit and assign it there.)  It's not about what models.big file is released.  It's about what has been imported to that models.big file.

The models.big file houses the faces and the rosters tell the game which face no. to place on the player while in-game.  This is why it's important to get official IDs for CFs (and everything else for that matter), otherwise you will easily get mismatched players to faces.

19 hours ago, Gordo said:

If a cyberface or cyberfaces are released AFTER a roster is put out, then there is no way for the roster maker to assign those numbers that are given to the new CF's.  That's why they have generic nos. (901-915; although 901 is awful).  BUT, open up attrib.bat file (1 of the 19 roster files that make up a roster) and look at the legend at the top.  It will tell you which slot if for the cyberface no. needed.  You can simply put in the proper no. for the proper player there (unless you want to open up the roster in MVPedit and assign it there.)  It's not about what models.big file is released.  It's about what has been imported to that models.big file.

The models.big file houses the faces and the rosters tell the game which face no. to place on the player while in-game.  This is why it's important to get official IDs for CFs (and everything else for that matter), otherwise you will easily get mismatched players to faces.

Thanks! That helps somewhat.

19 hours ago, Gordo said:

On 5/6/2021 at 3:08 PM, omarito2013 said:

New ID's
Cyberface Update:

Yoshi Tsutsugo 258 replaces, Seth Smith

Alec Bohm 430 replaces, Justin Ruggiano

This is what I'm lost on. I checked 430 and 258 that i have, and i don't have THOSE.

You don't have them because they weren't assigned at the time the rosters were made.  This really isn't a support thread for problems with faces, portraits, etc.  You should make another thread, but this has been explained.

Zac Lowther, BAL, SP needs a portrait/audio ID please.

Hey, I was checking and this portraits are good but the ID numbers have nothing to do with the official List, I wish this guy could work along with the rest of us because his work is good, but I think at least we can assign appropriate ID numbers for this players right? (except Dominguez who is still far away from A-ball).

11 minutes ago, alfre2jose said:

Hey, I was checking and this portraits are good but the ID numbers have nothing to do with the official List, I wish this guy could work along with the rest of us because his work is good, but I think at least we can assign appropriate ID numbers for this players right? (except Dominguez who is still far away from A-ball).

Well 9905 is unoccupied anyway so it might as well become official for Dominguez. He's on the BA Top 100 prospect list so it's fun to have him in the game already. And the portrait looks great in game

This is exactly why CF's and ID's have been more messy lately.  There are contributors who are simply assigning their own numbers to both and it's not going to work that way.  There can only be one set of OFFICIAL IDs, because the rosters incorporate all of the proper information to have the player look correct, including the portrait/audio.  

This is why having ONE assigner (or at least a team of assigners who communicate) do the list so that there is no confusion.  You can't have someone come in and say "well, you might as well use it since it's unoccupied."  It's eventually going to cause mismatches down the road as long as this game continues to get modded.

I've said this numerous times and spelled it out above.  I can't be any more clear about it.

But here ... let me be even more clear.  That ID pack list nos. (on the left) that are not in the official ID list (on the right).  So, for example, since Koda Glover has the official ID 0003 (or 3), if you install this pack, Asa Lacy's picture will show up, because the roster reflects Glover using 0003.  That's how it works.  Roster makers should use only official nos. and CF and portrait ID makers should use official IDs.  They simply not taking care or bothering getting the official ID.

Capture2.JPG.1414234d9c2be153a2cd224389304541.JPG

38 minutes ago, Gordo said:

This is exactly why CF's and ID's have been more messy lately.  There are contributors who are simply assigning their own numbers to both and it's not going to work that way.  There can only be one set of OFFICIAL IDs, because the rosters incorporate all of the proper information to have the player look correct, including the portrait/audio.  

This is why having ONE assigner (or at least a team of assigners who communicate) do the list so that there is no confusion.  You can't have someone come in and say "well, you might as well use it since it's unoccupied."  It's eventually going to cause mismatches down the road as long as this game continues to get modded.

I've said this numerous times and spelled it out above.  I can't be any more clear about it.

But here ... let me be even more clear.  That ID pack list nos. (on the left) that are not in the official ID list (on the right).  So, for example, since Koda Glover has the official ID 0003 (or 3), if you install this pack, Asa Lacy's picture will show up, because the roster reflects Glover using 0003.  That's how it works.  Roster makers should use only official nos. and CF and portrait ID makers should use official IDs.  They simply not taking care or bothering getting the official ID.

Capture2.JPG.1414234d9c2be153a2cd224389304541.JPG

All I was doing was suggesting that it could eventually become official. Not calling any shots here.

Edited by GoRedSox34

1 hour ago, GoRedSox34 said:

All I was doing was suggesting that it could eventually become official. Not calling any shots here.

I understand, but this is the interwebs ... so I'm trying to waylay any confusion, not insinuating anything.  We can't know what people mean unless spelled out on a chat, forum, etc.   No harm.

8 minutes ago, Gordo said:

I understand, but this is the interwebs ... so I'm trying to waylay any confusion, not insinuating anything.  We can't know what people mean unless spelled out on a chat, forum, etc.   No harm.

Agreed, and without this list it would be nuts

On 5/11/2021 at 10:36 AM, Gordo said:

You don't have them because they weren't assigned at the time the rosters were made.  This really isn't a support thread for problems with faces, portraits, etc.  You should make another thread, but this has been explained.

Zac Lowther, BAL, SP needs a portrait/audio ID please.

Can u link me to where it's explained? Thanks!

Edited by LetsGoFish2015

10 hours ago, Gordo said:

I've already explained it again all right here.... we're hijacking this thread for the wrong reason.  Re-read what I wrote.

Maybe the problem with assign Player ID List comes because maybe MVP Caribe guys has a different Player ID List?

5 minutes ago, Muller_11 said:

Maybe the problem with assign Player ID List comes because maybe MVP Caribe guys has a different Player ID List?

That my be, but that shouldn't have anything to do with what's done on this site.  It's like trying to fit Hyundai parts into a Chevy .... just not wise.