TribeTime26 and The H Portraits WIP

Kriegz

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok I am done with the photoshop work but I can't get thoise .BMP's to go in FshEd and I tryed to put them in w/o alphas and it crashed the game, Is it because of them not having an alpha or did I mess up editing the text :(

OK will see that is wrong here in a minute, but FSHed is not the way to go. If you use FSHed you players will have a small glow around them in the game

use MVPedit

Yes I know the game will crash (unless he fixed it already)

make a 24 bit file for the mak image

make a 8 bit grey scale for the alpha

Import them with MVPedit

MVPedit will make a FSH file for you and put it in the big file. they second part is the bad bad part.

You need to take those FSH files back out of the BIG and compress them

either

GFXPAK -compress -real 0004.FSH 00004.FSH

the first name is the imput file the 2nd is the output file (delete the imput when done and rename the output)

GFXPAK is the longer why but for some reason it compress better than EAZIP

OR

EAZIP -c 0004.fsh

Wildcard work with EAZIP

so

EAZIP -c *.fsh will do all the fsh files in a folder

after you have compress all the files put them back in the BIG file

OK cool I thought they were all going to be with out. Excellent. I noticed on Gettyimages that they had some portraits up from yesterday's photoshoot and none of them had the MLB watermark over the faces.

Yeah but that is the Photo DAY, completely different thing

OK will see that is wrong here in a minute, but

You need to take those FSH files back out of the BIG and compress them

either

GFXPAK -compress -real 0004.FSH 00004.FSH

the first name is the imput file the 2nd is the output file (delete the imput when done and rename the output)

GFXPAK is the longer why but for some reason it compress better than EAZIP

OR

EAZIP -c 0004.fsh

Wildcard work with EAZIP

so

EAZIP -c *.fsh will do all the fsh files in a folder

after you have compress all the files put them back in the BIG file

Can't you just use BigGUI to open the big file and compress them that way?

Hey guys, just figured out how to get these compressed .fsh files in the game. Not sure why nobody else was responding to the many people asking this very question.

To change the portraits of players in the game:

You need to do it all from the command line using gfxpak.exe. If you are not comfortable working from the command line, you're up the creek (or at least until somebody develops a more GUI/user friendly way of doing it in MVPEdit.

I'm not sure why EA made it more difficult this year, but anyways...

***Make backups of your portrait.big and attrib.dat before dicking around with them!!!****

- Once you have your fsh file created using fshEd, move all the fsh's into the same directory, and put a copy of gfxpak.exe in there.

- Go into your MVP 2005 directory and go into data/frontend. Take portrait.big from there, copy it, and paste a copy into the directory where your new fsh's will sit.

- Compress the .fsh files from the command line doing exactly what krawhitham wrote above. (Namely,

gfxpak -compress XXXX.fsh XXXX-new.fsh (or whatever you want the new one to be called)

Take the new one, rename it to whatever it initially was before you compressed it (get rid of the old one, overwrite it, whatever).

Now, to put the compressed .fsh into portrait.big, perform the following command (assuming all these files are located in the same directory):

gfxpak -p portrait.big XXXX.fsh

This should take a couple of seconds to add in. Once finished, take the portrait.big you just modified, and overwrite it with the old portrait.big sitting in the official MVP 2005 directory.

If you are doing this for a created player, you need to open up attrib.dat located in data/database with Textpad, find your created player there, then find the values for attributes 17 and 18. Change the attribute for 17 to the number of the .fsh file. For 18, change the number to 1.

Save the file, boot up MVP, and you should be good to go.

Archived