Kccitystar's Total MLB 2008

Kccitystar

Can anyone help me get this to work. How do I know if it works. Do the Cubs home jerseys have no names on them. I need something to identify if this is working. Thanks for any help!
The Cubs home kits, ahem jerseys (too much FIFA lately...), are nameless. :)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question about the Royals Jersey's for ya Kccitystar.

1) Why do the regular away jerseys have black sleeves and a black undershirt? Aren't they supposed to be blue?

2) Spring Training jersey is too dark of a blue and doesn't match the other blues they wear.

Any chance you could fix those? I am considering doing owner mode with the Royals.

Oh, and as a side note, it appears that all teams that have pinstripes on their jersey's are missing a stripe. It is directly under their left arm, and is very noticable when batting with a left-handed batter.

Question about the Royals Jersey's for ya Kccitystar.

1) Why do the regular away jerseys have black sleeves and a black undershirt? Aren't they supposed to be blue?

2) Spring Training jersey is too dark of a blue and doesn't match the other blues they wear.

Any chance you could fix those? I am considering doing owner mode with the Royals.

The Royals jersey is supposed to have black sleeves. My belief is that MVP does their uniforms according to the MLB Style Guide and not from photos. That's why EA probably messes the uniform styles up every year. It's not their fault, blame the MLB Style Guide!

The Royals jersey is supposed to have black sleeves. My belief is that MVP does their uniforms according to the MLB Style Guide and not from photos. That's why EA probably messes the uniform styles up every year. It's not their fault, blame the MLB Style Guide!

Good to know...I didn't know that...

Also, did you see this that I added later?

Oh, and as a side note, it appears that all teams that have pinstripes on their jersey's are missing a stripe. It is directly under their left arm, and is very noticable when batting with a left-handed batter.

And one tiny last one, how hard would it be to make 1 new pant style for the Royals? I would like it to look like the Pirates pants (solid grey and solid white with piping down the sides), except using the Royals blue where the yellow is, and keep the black in the middle?

Oh, btw...GREAT UNIFORMS!

I am still having trouble getting this to work. After I run the bat file and the instructions say to delete the extracted contents and run the game. I am not getting any extracted contents. KC or anyone else can you help. Thanks and sorry for the confusion.

I am still having trouble getting this to work. After I run the bat file and the instructions say to delete the extracted contents and run the game. I am not getting any extracted contents. KC or anyone else can you help. Thanks and sorry for the confusion.

When you download the mod, there is a *.exe inside of the *.zip. Extract the *.exe to a location of your choice. Go to that location and run the *.exe and this will "install" them to the location of your choice (I chose to "install" to c:gamesmvp 2005). Now, go to the directory that you installed the files to. Run the MLBInstall.bat and it will update the models.big file that the uniforms are stored in.

After that is done, delete the *.fsh files and any other ones created by the "install" and you should be set!

When you download the mod, there is a *.exe inside of the *.zip. Extract the *.exe to a location of your choice. Go to that location and run the *.exe and this will "install" them to the location of your choice (I chose to "install" to c:gamesmvp 2005). Now, go to the directory that you installed the files to. Run the MLBInstall.bat and it will update the models.big file that the uniforms are stored in.

After that is done, delete the *.fsh files and any other ones created by the "install" and you should be set!

Thanks so much. I have to go to class now but will try it tonight. Thanks again!

Well I tried it and it still doesnt work. Are the uniforms just there like normal after I install. I run the exe and it creates 148 .fsh files. I then run the bat file and I delete the fsh files and still nothing. I hate to keep asking for help but I dont understand why its not working. Thanks.

Hey KC,

Great job with the uniforms. I joined the site just recently so this is the first mod by you I have used. Is it possible that your uniforms can make the game choppy? It was fine for me before and now it's choppy. Second, I don't know if you're going to make any more uniform mods but if you are could you make the Cubs alternate away uni. It's the exact same shirt as the alt home but the pants are grey (regular away pants). If you don't want to do it, could you let me know how to mod these things and I would change that myself and post it here. Thanks again for great mods.

Well I tried it and it still doesnt work. Are the uniforms just there like normal after I install. I run the exe and it creates 148 .fsh files. I then run the bat file and I delete the fsh files and still nothing. I hate to keep asking for help but I dont understand why its not working. Thanks.

Ok...bear with me...we're almost there. Where did you install those *.fsh files to? They need to be in the MVP 2005 directory (the one with mvp2005.exe). You will also need gfxpak.exe in the same directory. Once those are all there, you should be able to click on MLBInstall.bat and it should go about its business of updating your uniforms. It will take a couple minutes to do it.

Don't delete them (*.fsh) until the update is done.

Ok...bear with me...we're almost there. Where did you install those *.fsh files to? They need to be in the MVP 2005 directory (the one with mvp2005.exe). You will also need gfxpak.exe in the same directory. Once those are all there, you should be able to click on MLBInstall.bat and it should go about its business of updating your uniforms. It will take a couple minutes to do it.

I think the problem I am having is that once I run this batch file it flashes for 2 seconds and then its done. It doesnt update anything. I want to enjoy this but am about to give up. I appreciate all of the help you gave me.

For the Blue Jays uniforms, they are supposed to have the same blue as their pant stripes as they do on their logo. Also, I think the MLB logo on the back of their hats and helmets are wrong... they are supposed to be the same blue instead of red. Am I right, or do I need to find my glasses?

No1Cubsfan,

I know I'm not KC, but KC's uniforms are 2X, so they can create some choppiness on lower-end systems. However, I have a high-end system and in MVP 2004, using KC's 2X unis, I never experienced chopppiness, but I experience plenty of it in MVP 2005. Thus it's the most definitely the game itself, not KC's unis.

As for the Cubs alternate road uniform, talk to Bart_W about it. He made a 2X Cubs uniform set (which I loved) and it includes the alternate road uniform. Get in touch with him, and ask him if he'll do a 2005 version of his 2X Cubs unis.

1. Start -> Run -> CMD

2. cd %programfiles%EA SportsMVP Baseball 2005

3. MLBInstall.bat

Since you're running the batch file from within a cmd prompt, you'll be able to see the error.

Post the error.

For the Blue Jays uniforms, they are supposed to have the same blue as their pant stripes as they do on their logo. Also, I think the MLB logo on the back of their hats and helmets are wrong... they are supposed to be the same blue instead of red. Am I right, or do I need to find my glasses?

Find your glasses. The uniform file itself doesn't include the MLB logo on the cap and helmet. The MLB logo is in a seperate file all by itself called initstaz.big. In that file is the oversized majestic logo that is placed on the sleeves as well as the MLB logo that is on the hats and helmets.

As for the uniform inquiry...I did have the same blue on their pant stripes...

00201zk.png

00249iw.png

No1Cubsfan,

I know I'm not KC, but KC's uniforms are 2X, so they can create some choppiness on lower-end systems. However, I have a high-end system and in MVP 2004, using KC's 2X unis, I never experienced chopppiness, but I experience plenty of it in MVP 2005. Thus it's the most definitely the game itself, not KC's unis.

As for the Cubs alternate road uniform, talk to Bart_W about it. He made a 2X Cubs uniform set (which I loved) and it includes the alternate road uniform. Get in touch with him, and ask him if he'll do a 2005 version of his 2X Cubs unis.

I have a good system and I just tried turning off vert. sync and it improved a little bit. I'm just gonna keep it this way because the difference between these uniforms is huge. I'll contact Bart_W and see what he says. Also, I just noticed that, the Cubs alternate home uniforms don't have names on the back either, kc just overlooked that.

Another issue I'd like to let you know about with the Brewers uni's. First off did you see the post before about the black hats? just wondering. Another issue I found is when using the brewers '94 alternate jerseys which are blue, they turn into white when they are shown running the bases in the upper corner. Just to let you know

Archived