BSU-FAN'S NoFakeNames Roster

BSU-FAN

I have experienced it with in both franchise mode and quick games. I have had it with a few rosters now it could just be me but when you call players up from minors they have a generic face with no hair. What I think the problem is the players that have the same faces as others like the generic pre set ones from 2k when you call them up they have generic faces with no hair and the same face. I don't think its related to the rosters but it could just be the game as I have had this problem for the past 2-3 games, 2k10, 2k11, 2k12.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys should see here about the bald-head bug: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/mlb-2k/543806-player-facial-features-altered.html

DS and a guy who goes by kpkpkp found the cause (replacement call-ups for players on DL that cause the team total player number to go over 25) and a work-around.

Not yet...not sure what would cause that. I'll try to pay attention while playing my franchise and see if I see it happen. Is it happening in franchise mode and are you seeing it with all rosters or one specific roster?

I'm seeing it too, both in and out of Franchise mode. Brian McCann, Michael Bourn, and Dan Uggla all have generic, bald heads.

Here are some stances I've gone through and changed. Most of these are based on the spring/regular season this year, but a couple of minor leaguers are last year's footage, but it's better than generic.

Athletics

Brandon Hicks – Torii Hunter

Braves

Tyler Pastornicky – Mike Cameron

Jose Constanza – Jed Lowire

Jason Heyward – B.J. Upton

Josh Wilson – Ian Kinsler

Drew Sutton – Brandon Wood

Luis Durango – Mike Stanton (it’s a little older, and I don’t love it, but it’s the closest thing)

J.C. Boscan – Joe Mauer

Joey Terdoslavich – Carl Crawford

Stefan Gartrell – Rick Ankiel

Ernesto Mejia – Evan Longoria

Christian Marrero – Mitch Moreland

Jose Yepez – Juan Rivera

Brahaim Maldonado – Josh Willingham

Jordan Parraz – B.J. Upton

Andrelton Simmons – Torii Hunter

Orioles

Matt Wieters – Josh Willingham

Mark Reynolds – Daric Barton

Chris Davis – A.J. Pierzynski

Ryan Falherty – Mark Teixeria

Jai Miller – Michael Cuddyer

Nick Johnson – Mitch Moreland

Robert Andino – Troy Tulowitzki

Jamie Hoffmann – Carlos Beltran

Blake Davis – Nick Swisher

Ryan Adams – Lastings Milledge

Scott Beerer – Kurt Suzuki

Antoan Richardson – Travis Hafner

Josh Bell – Carl Crawford

Chris Robinson – Buster Posey

Would like to note that the bulk of Toronto Blue Jays farm system is missing, mostly top-tier pitching talents. I'll give a quick list of ones that should be included and I could give you scouting info if you want it.

Drew Hutchinson (called up today actually) RHP - MLB/AA New Hampshire

Deck McGuire RHP - AA New Hampshire (he was in one of your rosters in mlb 2k11)

Asher Wojciechowski RHP - A+ Dunedin

Justin Nicolino LHP - A- Lansing

Noah Syndergaard RHP - A- Lansing

Would like to note that the bulk of Toronto Blue Jays farm system is missing, mostly top-tier pitching talents. I'll give a quick list of ones that should be included and I could give you scouting info if you want it.

Drew Hutchinson (called up today actually) RHP - MLB/AA New Hampshire

Deck McGuire RHP - AA New Hampshire (he was in one of your rosters in mlb 2k11)

Asher Wojciechowski RHP - A+ Dunedin

Justin Nicolino LHP - A- Lansing

Noah Syndergaard RHP - A- Lansing

At this point I only have added in AAA and BA's Top 100 Prospects. Some AA players that were on the spring training 40 man roster or ones I happened to get lucky and see get assigned also got added in. I plan on adding all AA in the next update....as far as single A goes there isn't enough room in the rosters once you count all of the injured players from AA,AAA, and MLB to create a full single A roster so those I will be leaving alone for the most part unless they are a top prospect. Plus you can't even play a game in single A either. Thanks again DonkeyJote..they will be there in my next update. Edited by BSU-FAN

I strive for perfect stances/deliveries so I really hope you use these so I won't have to keep changing them once you upload your future rosters. I really enjoy your work but I believe I can help alot because alot of the ones I've found on your roster aren't great, but there are better options. I'll start off with a few but I will definitely update more.

Matt Kemp: Closed, Medium, One-Handed, Medium

Jonny Venters: Scott Achison (Perfect in my opinion)

Yoenis Cespedes: Jed Lowrie

Mike Pelfrey (he has that over-the shoulder windup now): Dana Eveland (definitely better than his old delivery which was Matt Cain)

Matt Cain: Scott Achison (closer than his default one)

Jesus Montero (this was tough but) : I went for Prince Fielder. But it could be many others like Brandon Hicks or Hideki Matsui

Stephen Strasburg: Low Overhand, High Three Quarters

Ryan Zimmerman (a much-needed upgrade): Closed, Medium, Two-Handed, High

Jayson Werth (Johnny Bench would've been perfect but doesn't have his 2-handed swing) Otherwise, leave it to his default one but make it a 2-handed swing.

Ike Davis: Matt Angle (better than the Rick Ankiel he was assigned).

Jordan Zimmermann: Brett Myers

Gio Gonzalez: Erick Bedard (Mark Buerhle wasn't even close)

Bryce Harper: Andre Ethier

Cameron Maybin (don't know why Casilla was assigned to him....,) : Miguel Cabrera

Curtis Granderson (his default doesn't have a 2-handed swing): So I gave him Hafner

Jose Bautista (nothing close has his 2-handed swing): So I gave him Yadier Molina rather than Mitch Moreland.

Cory Wade: Papelbon (close to perfect)

Ivan Nova: Windup (Full Low Three Quarters)

David Phelps: Vance Worley

Russell Martin: Jose Bautista

David Robertson: Low Overhand (no windup)

Ian Kennedy: Kyle Lohse

Ross Detwiler: Dustin Moseley or Jered Weaver (up to you)

Lmk what you think.

Edited by jstor42

To continue my list:

Bryce Harper: Adrian Beltre (Andre Either could work, too)

Henry Rodriguez: Farnsworth?

Austin Jackson: Mike Stanton (Eric Hosmer could work too)

Zack Greinke: V. Worley (definitely better than his default)

Prince Fielder: Josh Willingham (closer to his real form than his default)

Miguel Cabrera: A. Jackson (Wow, very similar and definitely better than default)

Edited by jstor42

I am currently working on a massive update that will have ALL AAA and AA players plus many many more low level prospects. This next release should be more then anyone could ever ask for since I am aiming to make my "NoFakeNames" roster actually live up to it's name! This means I am going team by team and making each team have NO fake players in any level and no fake players in F.A. either. THAT MEANS I AM EDITING SOMEWHERE CLOSE TO 2500 REAL PLAYERS!!! So...Like others have pointed out this is a very time consuming thing and even more patience will be needed with this one. I have about 7 organizations completed right now and am trying to do a team a day (sometimes more sometimes less based on how much time i can put into it). Also I will be doing a complete rating update once I have made sure all players are correct and on the correct team or organization. Any injured player will be placed in the level below their current assignment like i have done in the past. So this means while AAA and AA might not have all 25 men on its "in-game" roster they will be in that organization(usually just one level below to make room for injured players who are on the DL). Once i have added in all AA players I use each teams top 20 prospect list and fill in any lower level prospects placing them in single A. At that point if there are still fake players I'll hand pick a few notable single A players to finish off the roster. This will make every organization from top to bottom all real players! This update will give MLB, AAA, and AA exactly 25 man on each roster. For single A I used anywhere from 22-24 players leaving room for any future acquisitions. Back to work on the rosters I go...

u have to load the roster first before starting a new franchise or u will get the default.Start up the game click on load/save then load the roster that u want to play.Once loaded then u can start a new franchise using the roster u want

u have to load the roster first before starting a new franchise or u will get the default.Start up the game click on load/save then load the roster that u want to play.Once loaded then u can start a new franchise using the roster u want

Thanks Don but could you through step by step as I only just got this game and I'm a bit clueless with the UI atm?

• 1 month later...

:shok: Coming VERY Soon!!!! I am nearly insane 8P from the amount of work that I have put into this over the past 2 months...However this roster will finally be released at the very latest on Sunday. It has been a very very long wait and I appreciate how patient everyone has been with this process. This has been one of the craziest projects I have ever under taken. It feels a lot like climbing a huge mountain...Just when you think you are nearing the peak you realize that it is just another hill and you still have miles to go before you can even see the top :bad: