45548384.jpg

-All Players are 100% Healthy at start

63483917.jpg

Edited by nastynachos

-These are the settings for the Franchise File

57648998.jpg

-More Settings from the Franchise

11335660.jpg

-The Braves feature a young but strong Starting rotation as well as solid bullpen

95975964.jpg

-Speed and Ratings Adjusted for over 250+ pitchers (Remember thats top speed not what they always throw at ;)

97500351.jpg

-CC can stay composed under intense pressure in ball games ratings reflect players abilities

62691898.jpg

Edited by nastynachos

-SuperStars OVR and ratings adjusted to show dominance during In Game Play to make them appear

to be much better then 80+ Ovrs which they should be

48609167.jpg

-Sign Oswalt back up and this might one of the best staffs ever :)

79096730.jpg

-The Rookie Yoenis Cespedes (I need Portrait for him you can one later of course)

64073697.jpg

-So what is his real name and birthdate? New Look Marlins!

49350677.jpg

-Hopefully they wont be as drunk this year :p

75351313.jpg

-Of course the Evil Empire at work :p

75722441.jpg

-DONT FORGET TO BUY INSIDE EDGE REPORTS (I didnt select all because maybe u want to keep 16m it costs that much for all reports )

62126218.jpg

-All Teams @ 25 Man Roster Limits for MLB , AAA , AA , A Levels

31860486.jpg

-TTTTIIIIMMMMYYYY!

34341422.jpg

Edited by nastynachos

I wasn't trying to hate. Just a making a humorous observation with his nearly 13 ERA. He is pitching horrible this year. I'm guessing hitters are finally doing there homework on old Timmy! I apologize...I'm naturally a smart *** so i'm sure it came across disrespectful. Sorry about that.

Who me? What did I do? Have I somehow gotten a bad rep around here?

Fuel for fire: Poor little Timmy was lit-up by the Phils in the first inning tonight... He's definitely off to a rough start this season. In previous years, I've felt he was one of the top-5 starters in MLB. My opinion changed over the course of last year. But, he would still make my top-10.

I don't totally understand this.. Why is the season length 52 games, and all of the playoffs are best of 3?

Unrelated note: Prince Fielder is playing 1B for the Tigers and batting fourth. Miguel Cabrera is playing 3B and batting third. DH is rotating. This year it's been everyone from Rayburn to Inge to Dirks and probably some others I can't think of (brings back memories of Sparky).

I wasn't trying to hate. Just a making a humorous observation with his nearly 13 ERA. He is pitching horrible this year. I'm guessing hitters are finally doing there homework on old Timmy! I apologize...I'm naturally a smart *** so i'm sure it came across disrespectful. Sorry about that.

1) Lincecum is off to a bad start.

2) The ERs against the Phillies were not only caused by bad pitching, but mainly by poor fielding. If Melky and Pagan wouldn't have made this mistake in the first there would have been two out with no one on base. But they weren't able to field the ball and Lincecum started to struggle again.

3) Lincecum has had STRONG innings one after another through all his appearances. But there was always ONE inning in which he struggled.

4) I predict that he will come back and stop those struggling innings.

5) Lincecum is one of the best SPs in the league. These were only 3 games of about 30 a SP pitches. Look at other pitchers, they were also struggling. Others do overperform.

6) Do not base ratings on the performances at the start of the season. For reasons look at point no. 5.

7) But Lincecum is never a 99, Jeter is not a 90, and so on.

To be honest I appreciate your work Nastynachos, but I don't see the sense behind it?

Lincecum wasn't even a top ten starter last year, let alone the best player in the game. He's not as bad as he's looked so far, either, but he certainly is not a 99. Maybe not even a 90. Time will tell.

Yes, Lincecum was not top 10 last year, possibly not even making top 15 (and I am a big Lincecum fan) but he was so dominant for the three 2008-2010 seasons... a high rating is probably warranted based on those years, maybe not 99 though :D

wudl is completely right in the regard that ERA depends so much on fielding that it is a poor stat to judge pitchers by, and it is very tough to come to a conclusion regarding this season after only 3 starts.

his drop in velocity is particularly troubling though, and I hope he can recover, otherwise I feel pretty bad for him. He has apparently dropped his slider as well, maybe due to the mechanical stress it puts on a pitchers arm? Who knows...

You are right. FIP is a far better option to rate a pitcher's performance than this lousy ERA.

And then look here: http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=5705&position=P

Lincecum: ERA 10.54, FIP (http://www.fangraphs.com/library/index.php/pitching/fip/) 3.36.

Vance Worley: ERA 3.75, FIP 5.75. (http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=pit&lg=all&qual=y&type=8&season=2012&month=0&season1=2012&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=0&players=0&sort=16,d)

Or look at last year: http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=pit&lg=all&qual=y&type=8&season=2011&month=0&season1=2011&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=0&players=0&sort=16,d

Joe Saunders: 3.69 ERA, 4.78 FIP.

Zach Greinke: 3.83 ERA, 2.98 FIP.

And so on and so on.

The problem is that runs count as earned runs although the pitcher was rather not responsible for them. Look at the example I posted with Lincecum. Melky and Pagan make a mistake (which is not counted as an error) and after that some runs came (which count ER for Timmy although the other two made the initial faults).

You are right. FIP is a far better option to rate a pitcher's performance than this lousy ERA.

And then look here: http://www.fangraphs...5705&position=P

Lincecum: ERA 10.54, FIP (http://www.fangraphs...p/pitching/fip/) 3.36.

Vance Worley: ERA 3.75, FIP 5.75. (http://www.fangraphs...ers=0&sort=16,d)

Or look at last year: http://www.fangraphs...ers=0&sort=16,d

Joe Saunders: 3.69 ERA, 4.78 FIP.

Zach Greinke: 3.83 ERA, 2.98 FIP.

And so on and so on.

The problem is that runs count as earned runs although the pitcher was rather not responsible for them. Look at the example I posted with Lincecum. Melky and Pagan make a mistake (which is not counted as an error) and after that some runs came (which count ER for Timmy although the other two made the initial faults).

Actually, SIERA is heralded as the new best thing over FIP, as FIP ignores balls in play. Initially tERA was used, but SIERA is considered better.

I don't totally understand this.. Why is the season length 52 games, and all of the playoffs are best of 3?

Unrelated note: Prince Fielder is playing 1B for the Tigers and batting fourth. Miguel Cabrera is playing 3B and batting third. DH is rotating. This year it's been everyone from Rayburn to Inge to Dirks and probably some others I can't think of (brings back memories of Sparky).

there is no way I would play 162 games never have never will too many games come out per month. In nba2k12 i played like 75 games so maybe 50 for mlb this year looks to be same exact game but a couple new features added I do like the new fielding system though. Best of 3 is good amount of games for me as well then add kicks in :) and move on to next project like peter griffin style :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

also you can always hit Rosters>edit player edit rosters is on so you hate lincecum make him 0 OVR :crazy: