Classic Control (Batting) Issue

gordgraff

Hi all,

I am having problems with my batting controls and I was hoping some of you could help me. I have a Logitech Dual Action controller (yes, the one from the good old days of MVP). The controller works perfectly - Windows recognizes all buttons and they all respond within the 'controller setup' area. Also, when I use 'total control' for batting the controller works perfectly well.

The problem is when I try to switch to 'classic controls', which I much prefer. For some reason the game just doesn't seem to recognize my 'button 2' (x on PS3), meaning I can't swing. (Oddly, the 'set the batter still works, which to me doesn't make sense in a 'classic control' mode). Weirdly, when I try to switch it back to 'total control' I can no longer swing.

Has anybody experienced anything like this yet? Is it just me?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

That is strange, I'm not too sure so hopefully someone else on here plays with a similar controller.

In all honesty though, and I try to preach this whenever I can, you should drop $20 bucks and get a wired 360 controller. It's generally a better controller and it will ALWAYS be compatible with PC games. In fact it's programmed specifically into most PC games. That's part of the license for windows or something is that it must have 360 controller support.

I just replaced my old Saitek P2900 with a Logitech F310. The F310 is basically the newest version of the classic Dual-Action Gamepad, but this game actually recognizes it as a Xbox-360 controller.

I did experience a similar problem when I tried switching to Classic controls in the middle of a My Player game. Just like you, once I made the switch, the classic button to swing didn't respond at all, yet the Right-Stick still worked as if controls were still set to Total Control. I just gave up screwing with it at that point and figured I probably had to set that stuff up before beginning a game. And I was correct -- Classic Controls worked fine in my next game.

[Edit] I almost forgot... My brother has a Dual-Action Gamepad, and I could borrow it to see if there are any particular quirks I can find while using it.

Edited by RazberyBandit

I went ahead and checked this out further, and I think I might have stumbled on what might have caused both of our initial failures to change from Total to Classic. I realized that the first time I tried the change, I hit the 4 key on the keyboard, which worked great in 2K10. But in 2K12, opening controls and hitting 4 to get to the Total/Classic control screen actually brings that menu up for the Keyboard, not the controller. You actually have to push in on the Left-Stick when on the Controls Setup screen so the game brings up the Total/Classic screen of the Controller/Gamepad.

Make sure to double-check the top-left box of the menu screen shows the controller name, not the keyboard.