Random Game Crashing

benny boy

I have mvp installed with the 07 mod on an hp pentium 4 3gHz processor desktop. I think the video card is a 128 mb intel card. I have 512mb of ram. The game actually plays smooth on my 50 inch plasma at 1024x768 and looks really good although I did turn player shadows off. The problem I'm having is that sometimes the game will crash to the desktop while waiting for the game to load after the stadium selection. The weird thing is that sometimes it will load it fine and the game will start and play. But other times with the same setup and same teams and same time of day/stadium it will crash on the loading screen before the game starts. Do I need to use different stadium files? Any advice or help is greatly appreciated.

I have mvp installed with the 07 mod on an hp pentium 4 3gHz processor desktop. I think the video card is a 128 mb intel card. I have 512mb of ram. The game actually plays smooth on my 50 inch plasma at 1024x768 and looks really good although I did turn player shadows off. The problem I'm having is that sometimes the game will crash to the desktop while waiting for the game to load after the stadium selection. The weird thing is that sometimes it will load it fine and the game will start and play. But other times with the same setup and same teams and same time of day/stadium it will crash on the loading screen before the game starts. Do I need to use different stadium files? Any advice or help is greatly appreciated.

What stadium are you using? I'm going to guess that it is Fenway Park. If it is, do a search and get Big O's version of Fenway Park Lite.

And the next time you got to be more specific with your problems you are having in the game. I just took a guess here because recently some others were having this same problem.

thanks. sorry I wasn't specific about which stadiums. It happens randomly and has happened with many stadiums. Sometimes they will load up and play fine and other times the game will crash to the desktop.

Edited by benny boy

Benny,

More than anything, your problem does not seem to be an issue with the stadiums in the game rather than your PC specs that you listed. The single-core processor seems sufficient enough but the main problem would have to be the video card. Since you listed it as an “Intel” card, that means it is an onboard (non-dedicated) video card with a low amount of RAM (128mb). Keep in mind that the later conversion mods of MVP Baseball are typically using 2X (double the texture size) graphics which means more power is needed to run the game smoothly. The other possible problem is that you are trying to run the 50” Plasma TV…any monitor/TV of that size is right away going to require more juice and horsepower from you PC/videocard combo and it is liable to heat everything up rather quickly. In my living room, I am running a media PC that I made last Fall into a 55” LED TV but the PC is liquid cooled with a pretty decent and dedicated video card. I can run MVP Baseball and games like Mass Effect 3 with no worries. If it is an option for you, I would first look into installing an improved video card into your existing PC and maybe you can try to test the MVP game on a much smaller monitor to see if you have the same problems. Just my 2 cents. Best of luck.